West Kentucky GTG on June 12th, 2010

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gtg

To wigglesworth and all the people at the GTG, thanks for the good time. The food was good, the people were enjoyable to be around and generous with their saws and their knowledge about saws. To every member that has not attended a GTG, next time you get the opportunity to go to one you need to. Remember to eat plenty of pringles so I can continue to purchase more saws. Hope every one has a safe trip home.

wish I coulda been there, but I was just up the road in Grayson Co. whittling on some sycamore and cedar with the 025. Then spent a few hours bush hogging. Got a tan, and gave Brad a run for the money on the sweating, I'll guarantee!
Hope everyone had a great time.

Guys the last saw was shut down just a few minutes ago.

Im hot, tired and sweaty. Man what a good time!!!
I was too hot, tired, and sweaty to drive home 6 hours. But I'm feeling like a million dollars now that I've had a shower. We had to wimp out and get a motel again tonight.

I'm sure they're still cutting, Brad's probably sweated 55 gallons by now. :)
That would be an under statement. Imagine me in 105F heat index! I changed shirts at lunch, and wrung my old shirt out, lol.

Seems like I forgot something at Wiggs....
That's alright. Magnesium looks pretty cool in a bonfire:greenchainsaw:

Jeremy, thanks for hosting a great GTG. We all had a great time. The food was good, and the people great. I've got lots of video, but you won't be seeing it until at least tomorrow night.

You guys are crazy if you started a bon-fire!!!! I feel much better after a shower and a few beers too!!! Wiggs, thanks for everything, you need to do this again in the fall maybe, you have a great place!!!

so who ended up with the mini's.....:greenchainsaw:

Jeremy, thanks for hosting a great GTG. We all had a great time. The food was good, and the people great. I've got lots of video, but you won't be seeing it until at least tomorrow night.

What do you mean no vids....I thought you were feeling like a million bucks now?

And a BIG THANKS to all who came, and all who are still here. I had a blast myself. :clap:

I learned something today. A Poulan 4200 absolutely smokes a 245A, even a ported one. They're not even in the same ballpark. Those 4200s just hod RPMs in the wood like CRAZY. Nice saws Mike!!! Those saws turned some heads today.

No pics, but the best I can do is the only recorded times from two cuts in 10x10 RED OAK...no sissy wood here boys. :)

Wiggs - 044 - 9.75
Brad - 372 - 9.25
Brad - 440 - 10.66
TRI955- 288 - 12.62
Mopar - 4200- 12.88
Mopar - 6400- 15.68
Brad - 245A- 17.44
TRI955- 262 - 18.03
TRI955- 2153- 22.42

Not real sure why we didnt record any more??? Anyways, that's all I got from my end.

Back