whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I guess I would be a little skittish too if some A-hole cut the branch out from under me that I had been stuck on for several days too!

Just cut it! They gots 9 lives anyhow! Stupid cat!

Went and looked at a house to buy today. They are asking $219,000 for the 3.2 acre lot with a 2800 sq ft house. The problem is the house needs alot of work. Nothing to expensive, just time consuming. Here is some funny pics.

First picture is of a bird on the falling down garage.

attachment.php

Second picture is of the 3rd bathroom in the attic. You gonna have to back in. The pictures dont do it justice.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Went and looked at a house to buy today. They are asking $219,000 for the 3.2 acre lot with a 2800 sq ft house. The problem is the house needs alot of work. Nothing to expensive, just time consuming. Here is some funny pics.

attachment.php

That's one jacked up Owl.

Second picture is of the 3rd bathroom in the attic. You gonna have to back in. The pictures dont do it justice.

attachment.php

Third floor bathroom; How did they get water up there?

I found one these 9 years ago in a garage and tried to buy it , 5 years ago I tried to trade my dually for it , and both times I was shot down , today I stopped for the last time and approached the guy about this identical truck but brown , Dana 60's 454 with less then 80,000 on it clean interior air , some rust in the jams a bad brake line and dry rotted tires , but I got it from him , score one for me , I can't wait to get it running again and take it out love these old trucks
u9uvyqe2.jpg

They used these things called pipes! You asked.

Lol

Yeah I've heard of'em, they work pretty good, until you get over 20 feet, then you have a to call in an engineer get decent water pressure up any higher.

Did you turn on the water to see if it even worked? I hope you're not seriously considering buying that money pit.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble with the commode on the third floor, as long as you get the tank full, just make sure your ass whole doesn't get sucked inside out when you flush.

Yo, waz up whad-I miss? LMAO I'm sure somebody got sumtin broke good in here, missed it, oh well...

Read twp pages back. Good luck on the house in Lanc PA there.

Hey 101 You wouldn't know what direction to go unless I drew ya a map. :rolleyes2:
And don't piss on my new portable house, dude, just sayin'.
You ever coming to look at this job on the hill in your money maker area?

Spent the day Up at NJTP exit 12 Carteret choppin down a medium size 45ft Virginia pine and another site with a small/medium but hard-ass white maple. Wood/mess went to the curb for the maple and noodled the pine for the guys fire pit. Limbs went in the landscapers truck. His mess :) I just made it. Pine was only about 25" at chest height. It had a nice straight stem. Easy job. Maple was about the same with three top leaders to rope down and chunked them both down with the ms361.

Also looked at two huge removals. Two 80-90ft Red oaks for the guy while I was there. These trees have at least two hundred + cuts in each one of them. That would just get then torn apart and on the ground. Main stems are 40 ft by say 52"-40" wide up to 30ft. Bases are at least 7 ft across. Nice stuff for somebody to mill up. Literally 10 minutes or less off of exit 12 NJTP.

---FREE WOOD FOR ANYONE INTERESTED---

I'll cut the trunk chucks to any length you want. Nice straight old healthy red oaks. Has to be 7-10 cords in these trees, maybe more.

ANYONE interested in doing an ESTIMATE on some BUCKET work there and/or CHIP/HAUL brush give me a shout here. We would like to put this thing together this up coming week and work out all the kinks. Starting it about two weeks away would be Ideal for me! Not much bucket truck access but it does need a few hours attention near the street to address the feeders over the small garage and street side power lines. Most of the other limbs are up high and they can just be roped and lowered. I might just use the 4x4 PU with a few rolling blocks and bull line to lower the big stuff down. I think the chip can be dumped close by for free. I'll try to get some pics sent down (forgot, dummy) and post them up.

Your estimates are welcomed. I don't feel like dragging my chipper and trailer up there. For this one I climb I rig I cut I go home :)

The guy (landscaper) lives right down the street from this job site and he has never bitten of this much to chew lol. Hope he does well for himself on these two trees and the others. So, I see much more available for the future. We looked at several nice jobs today. Two of them NEED bucket truck work near the street way up above power lines. These are chop, drop and bye bye. No real issues, just the right tool for the job.

Central/NE NJ trees got hit a bit harder than we did in SJ, by the Sandy storm. I think they just have larger older growth trees there in some bad wind tunnel spots. Carry on.

Yo, waz up whad-I miss? LMAO I'm sure somebody got sumtin broke good in here, missed it, oh well...

Read twp pages back. Good luck on the house in Lanc PA there.

Hey 101 You wouldn't know what direction to go unless I drew ya a map. :rolleyes2:
And don't piss on my new portable house, dude, just sayin'.
You ever coming to look at this job on the hill in your money maker area?

Spent the day Up at NJTP exit 12 Carteret choppin down a medium size 45ft Virginia pine and another site with a small/medium but hard-ass white maple. Wood/mess went to the curb for the maple and noodled the pine for the guys fire pit. Limbs went in the landscapers truck. His mess :) I just made it. Pine was only about 25" at chest height. It had a nice straight stem. Easy job. Maple was about the same with three top leaders to rope down and chunked them both down with the ms361.

Also looked at two huge removals. Two 80-90ft Red oaks for the guy while I was there. These trees have at least two hundred + cuts in each one of them. That would just get then torn apart and on the ground. Main stems are 40 ft by say 52"-40" wide up to 30ft. Bases are at least 7 ft across. Nice stuff for somebody to mill up. Literally 10 minutes or less off of exit 12 NJTP.

---FREE WOOD FOR ANYONE INTERESTED---

I'll cut the trunk chucks to any length you want. Nice straight old healthy red oaks. Has to be 7-10 cords in these trees, maybe more.

ANYONE interested in doing an ESTIMATE on some BUCKET work there and/or CHIP/HAUL brush give me a shout here. We would like to put this thing together this up coming week and work out all the kinks. Starting it about two weeks away would be Ideal for me! Not much bucket truck access but it does need a few hours attention near the street to address the feeders over the small garage and street side power lines. Most of the other limbs are up high and they can just be roped and lowered. I might just use the 4x4 PU with a few rolling blocks and bull line to lower the big stuff down. I think the chip can be dumped close by for free. I'll try to get some pics sent down (forgot, dummy) and post them up.

Your estimates are welcomed. I don't feel like dragging my chipper and trailer up there. For this one I climb I rig I cut I go home :)

The guy (landscaper) lives right down the street from this job site and he has never bitten of this much to chew lol. Hope he does well for himself on these two trees and the others. So, I see much more available for the future. We looked at several nice jobs today. Two of them NEED bucket truck work near the street way up above power lines. These are chop, drop and bye bye. No real issues, just the right tool for the job.

Central/NE NJ trees got hit a bit harder than we did in SJ, by the Sandy storm. I think they just have larger older growth trees there in some bad wind tunnel spots. Carry on.

I will call ya on the morning

I found one these 9 years ago in a garage and tried to buy it , 5 years ago I tried to trade my dually for it , and both times I was shot down , today I stopped for the last time and approached the guy about this identical truck but brown , Dana 60's 454 with less then 80,000 on it clean interior air , some rust in the jams a bad brake line and dry rotted tires , but I got it from him , score one for me , I can't wait to get it running again and take it out love these old trucks
u9uvyqe2.jpg

I would say if its fuel injected ( which it looks as it is) then you got yerself a creampuff. You just better know how to cream a puff.

I would say if its fuel injected ( which it looks as it is) then you got yerself a creampuff. You just better know how to cream a puff.

Call it what you will but, trust me, it's NOT fuel injection. High pressure carbs don't count. What it needs is an aluminum intake manifold, fuel regulator, new BG carb and a stand alone DUI HEI. It will get better gas mileage and roast those sneakers.

OK sounds good I'll be home or building a saw something at the shop.

Last edited:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

They all are gonna cost you... just like women. Never mind about the little details, if you want it, get it. You can whip that ##### into shape. And when you do you will find something else for a better price and you will think to yourself " Man, I wish I had that" and maybe you will go get it and then you will find something else and think " Man, I wish I had that".......... But to be honest, well, uh, umm, maybe you should stick to usiing the toilet on the lower floors huh? That looks a little tricky even fer me.

That's not the actual truck either , it just a pic that I found , the one I am gonna buy is army brown and green , actually originally specked out like that with the factory line tag under the seat .

Its an 85/86?
Then I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole but then again I am lazy. Well maybe just scairt. Of course if I had your money and yor drive I would get an injection system for as i know Holley makes a reliable TB system for it for around 1400 but i don't really know anymore cause that was a long time ago. Other than that I wish you the best in your daily carburetor tomfoolery. Carburetor. Now that's a funny word.

Its an 85/86?
Then I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole but then again I am lazy. Well maybe just scairt. Of course if I had your money and yor drive I would get an injection system for as i know Holley makes a reliable TB system for it for around 1400 but i don't really know anymore cause that was a long time ago. Other than that I wish you the best in your daily carburetor tomfoolery. Carburetor. Now that's a funny word.

Schit Dan , I know good mechanics that work on schit like that just because they want too.

That's not the actual truck either , it just a pic that I found , the one I am gonna buy is army brown and green , actually originally specked out like that with the factory line tag under the seat .

You need to settle down and ask your mommy if you can have it. I don't even want to know what you have just drug home. Now you wash yer hands, comb yer hair and act respectable. There is to be no more of this camoflaged truck nonsense, just wait til yor father gets home.

PS: I am pretty sure the white truck is fuel injected.

Back