whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schit Dan , I know good mechanics that work on schit like that just because they want too.

that's good because your are gonna need them. I could do it... for pay. But in truth nobody like ####ing around with a carburetor ontop of a daily driver and you will be messing with it every other day.

PS: There is no such thing as a good mechanic and if there is then he is only good for himself. If you got yourself an old truck that you want to keep and use as a daily driver then spring for an injection system. it will save you in the long run. I have put a few on. Jeeps and Chevy. The system is simple. Its exspensive at first but like I said it will save you in the long run. And it works so much better.

PPS: Famous last words: " I know good mechanics"

Last edited:
You need to settle down and ask your mommy if you can have it. I don't even want to know what you have just drug home. Now you wash yer hands, comb yer hair and act respectable. There is to be no more of this camoflaged truck nonsense, just wait til yor father gets home.

PS: I am pretty sure the white truck is fuel injected.

I am gonna build a woods and fishing truck Dan , my wife doesn't care what I spend a few bucks on , I have always wanted a 454 dually 4x4 they are hard to find anymore , and besides that , well that's enough for her , I already asked LOL

that's good because your are gonna need them. I could do it... for pay.

PS: There is no such thing as a good mechanic and if there is then he is only good for himself. If you got yourself an old truck that you want to keep and use as a daily driver then spring for an injection system. it will save you in the long run. I have put a few on. Jeeps and Chevy. The system is simple. Its exspensive at first but like I said it will save you in the long run.

Well I got to throw new brake lines on it , all new tires they are all rotten , and god knows what else after I hit the key , prolly drop both tanks and hopefully that hydro assist brakes work ! This guy that has it now bought it as surplus out at englishtown 15 years ago at the swap meet .

My father had the exact camper special when I was 7/8 years old , I sent him pics of it and he said seeing it reminding him of back in the day , burying it back in the pine barrens while we spotted for deer ! Now if that is t a reason to buy what else is ?

Call it what you will but, trust me, it's NOT fuel injection. High pressure carbs don't count. What it needs is an aluminum intake manifold, fuel regulator, new BG carb and a stand alone DUI HEI. It will get better gas mileage and roast those sneakers.

OK sounds good I'll be home or building a saw something at the shop.

For that one could bolt on an injection system and be done with it. My experience is that carbs on daily drivers suck and cost more in the long run.

Well I got to throw new brake lines on it , all new tires they are all rotten , and god knows what else after I hit the key , prolly drop both tanks and hopefully that hydro assist brakes work ! This guy that has it now bought it as surplus out at englishtown 15 years ago at the swap meet .

Did you just say " hydro assist"? :sucks:

Are you going through a midlife crisis or something? You should have bought a Miata, taken the wife to Toppers, shaved yer genitals and went out drinking with MDS. Anything but buy an old Chevy. :bang:

Now I just need to find someone ASAP to buy my. 1230a so I can do it all in one shot and be riding in it for valentines day dinner !

Hell, by the sound of it yer gonna need that old chipper to run her through so you don't have to pay for the divorce! You post a pic with her riding shotgun in that #### box ( that's s-h-i-t box) with a smile ( a real smile, not the fake ones she just puts up with you with) and I will... well I ain't gonna do nothing but be amazed.

Last edited:
I found one these 9 years ago in a garage and tried to buy it , 5 years ago I tried to trade my dually for it , and both times I was shot down , today I stopped for the last time and approached the guy about this identical truck but brown , Dana 60's 454 with less then 80,000 on it clean interior air , some rust in the jams a bad brake line and dry rotted tires , but I got it from him , score one for me , I can't wait to get it running again and take it out love these old trucks
u9uvyqe2.jpg

was that place built in the 50s or 60s tile sure looks like it may be asbestos floor tile.
asbestos_red_floor.jpg

Last edited:
2day...

drove down off the foggy mountain to work in the valley... after i got thru the fog and switchbacks the valley opened all sparkly with frost... went to a rice farm to work the trees around the main house... pruned some pears... took one out... worked a few piss plums...took out a corky oak... then shaped up some hairy photinia... it was a long day but a good one... the fields were all flooded... i used the binocs to check out all the ducks sleeping in the morning... as the day went by they slowly woke and by 4 it was a fully blown party... saw some white egrets fishing... one made his way over to me staring vehemently at what i was doing... eventually he took off and gave me a BLLLAAAHHHHH... like he didnt like me... at the end of the day i rapped with the old farmer... we had a few laughs then i headed home...

They all are gonna cost you... just like women. Never mind about the little details, if you want it, get it. You can whip that ##### into shape. And when you do you will find something else for a better price and you will think to yourself " Man, I wish I had that" and maybe you will go get it and then you will find something else and think " Man, I wish I had that".......... But to be honest, well, uh, umm, maybe you should stick to usiing the toilet on the lower floors huh? That looks a little tricky even fer me.

I am gonna offer them $150,000 for it. Greater part about this house is there is no neighbors and its on a back road that only has a few houses on it. I could probably get away mowing the yard naked. Not saying I want to, but I could.

that's good because your are gonna need them. I could do it... for pay. But in truth nobody like ####ing around with a carburetor ontop of a daily driver and you will be messing with it every other day.

PS: There is no such thing as a good mechanic and if there is then he is only good for himself. If you got yourself an old truck that you want to keep and use as a daily driver then spring for an injection system. it will save you in the long run. I have put a few on. Jeeps and Chevy. The system is simple. Its exspensive at first but like I said it will save you in the long run. And it works so much better.

hope you don't break down and need assistance, because "there's no such thing as a good mechanic". LOL

Heading out to work on my bucket truck. Lots of little things to fix. Mostly just ods and ends. Gotta change the oil on the pony motor, and some other filters.

Driving to Barstow, Ca today to meet the Las Vegas manager. Trading bucket trucks, we have trucks that are not CARB compliant and Corp refuses to pay 20g's to have them outfitted with a particulate filter, dont blame them! So all older trucks affected are going out of state and we get everyone's new trucks in turn. Feel bad, I am getting their good stuff and they are getting my old stuff, gotta love Cali rules!

Did you just say " hydro assist"? :sucks:

Are you going through a midlife crisis or something? You should have bought a Miata, taken the wife to Toppers, shaved yer genitals and went out drinking with MDS. Anything but buy an old Chevy. :bang:

I drove through a car lot yesterday while the wife was at wallyworld and looked at a 95 jag xj6. It was black and looked sweet, I drove it and really liked it. I might have to sell my wifes old car, 04 hyundai sonata. I showed it to my wife and she just shook her head and said dont you have enough crap to drive.

Latest posts

Back