whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right about not many if any "good mechanics" left in the world. Your either an ace or a parts changer. What gives the ace his edge is he always pays attention and asks intelligent questions. A few very youngins are aces they just don't know it yet.

You can keep most of that aftermarket electronic horse****. What to do when your black box takes a ####? Oh yea, shell out another grand, lamb!

Anyone who needs carb lessons for the daily driver only needs to ask. :biggrin:

My goal for today had been to set up my crane work for the winter. Had a list of people with pending work, plus some non-crane related work. I heard an awful lot of "We don't have the money" today. Made me a less than happy camper.

Had to go to the rescue of a nice older lady with some tree damage.

Turns out, last week I was away and right before I left, a wind storm did some local damage. While away, the guy that rents the cottage owned by the nice older lady calls to ask to have the branch removed, (worked there in the past). Told him my situation and he said he could wait. The cottage owner, older lady, calls "yellow & green" :taped: in a moment of stupidity and implied despair and they came right out. Loosely tied off the branch till they could get to it. I got home, branch still not removed so renter calls again. Told him no problem, I'm home and can do it. Just as I'm making plans, he calls back, says owner scheduled "yellow & green" :taped: to do it. She agreed to $1200 for simply removing a branch!! :msp_scared: I told her I could do it for much cheaper and she had the job reduced to only dropping the branch and I would clean it up, hoping for a reduced bill from "yellow & green" :taped: . They dropped it to $995, renter said it took them all but 20 minutes, all by hand and ladders!! Felt awful for her, told her I would remove brush, remove the remaining 75% of the tree, give her the chips for her gardens and give the firewood to her neighbors for $600. She's all happy happy happy while at the same time furious at "yellow & green" :taped: for taking advantage like they did. One things for sure, she will NEVER call them again, despair or not. And she has a lot of other trees in the three propertys she owns. :rock:

Check was sent in the mail yesterday.

A buddy and me are going fishing tomarrow. I bought a ice hut last year and never used it, I know we will catch somthing.

For that one could bolt on an injection system and be done with it. My experience is that carbs on daily drivers suck and cost more in the long run.

Burp, bullspit unless your talking Quadrajunk. I prefer carter no vacuum secondaries anyway I kitted mine in my 65 ford when I first bought it and its been trouble free 6 years. The honest truth imo a propane conversion in the long haul is the best especially with today's fuel :(

Got most of my mainanence dont on my bucket today. Got a few more to do tomorrow and its ready to go for monday.

One thing i want to check out tommorrow is the bucket rotate chains. The bucket has a little bit of movement, and i was told from the place that fixes lifts and does my cert test, you can just tighten up the chain adjuster and that should fix it. Its a LRIV. Has anyone done this before?

I've never had a problem with the "Quadrajunk" in my 88. Had the one in it now professionally (cough, cough) rebuilt, like eight or ten years ago.. I think it was $120. I did have a problem one time, though.. ended up being a wood chip caught in the thing somewhere. Was like $35 bucks.

Sometimes I think some of you guys really are gay... as well as being retarded. Just saying.. :msp_tongue:

I've never had a problem with the "Quadrajunk" in my 88. Had the one in it now professionally (cough, cough) rebuilt, like eight or ten years ago.. I think it was $120. I did have a problem one time, though.. ended up being a wood chip caught in the thing somewhere. Was like $35 bucks.

Sometimes I think some of you guys really are gay... as well as being retarded. Just saying.. :msp_tongue:

Haha well I'm sure maybe a few funny bunnies exist but many time folks with carb problems think they can tune one :)

They don't know anything like float height adjustment; or checking for even leaky power valve but give em a screw driver and they feel they can fix a ignition problem adjusting mixture screws :poke: Anyway my vacuum gauge best tool in my box can tell lots about motor from vacuum!

Btw wood chip in carby u must have been using a stihl air filter :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Haha well I'm sure maybe a few funny bunnies exist but many time folks with carb problems think they can tune one :)

They don't know anything like float height adjustment; or checking for even leaky power valve but give em a screw driver and they feel they can fix a ignition problem adjusting mixture screws :poke: Anyway my vacuum gauge best tool in my box can tell lots about motor from vacuum!

Btw wood chip in carby u must have been using a stihl air filter :hmm3grin2orange:

Yer right!

its a crew cab , 3 in the front and 3 in the back . My dad had the same one when I was real young , he would take our camper and horse trailer with it , it was the real deal . Only the second or third 4 door that I have ever seen with 4 wheel drive

You're just begging for someone to tear that hick looking piece of crap apart, aren't you?? :laugh:

hum

attachment.php

We slammed a big old rotten Linden today as part of a contract in a Convent.

It is a very pretty place to work in and you can't help feel like someone is watching over you.

I have question, why does the tree care field have so many lossers in it. It seems that most tree care wokers are drunks or drug users. Also, why would someone like to make a living draging brush and climbing trees? This is not a safe job, with little to gain. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do this unless he or she has no other options. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

You're just begging for someone to tear that hick looking piece of crap apart, aren't you?? :laugh:

No I am not using it for work , dip#### , it's gonna be for the woods ! For fun ya a packy runner , and a beach truck , you prolly would t understand that since all you do is hang at the shop or having your nuts stomped on by Asian boy toys

I have question, why does the tree care field have so many lossers in it. It seems that most tree care wokers are drunks or drug users. Also, why would someone like to make a living draging brush and climbing trees? This is not a safe job, with little to gain. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do this unless he or she has no other options. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

Your prolly not that far off , but I am guessing someone like you has prolly been fondled by your father , just saying . And at this point running around the local mall taking pictures up old ladies skirts and peddling them off to all your friends from the meetings .

No I am not using it for work , dip#### , it's gonna be for the woods ! For fun ya a packy runner , and a beach truck , you prolly would t understand that since all you do is hang at the shop or having your nuts stomped on by Asian boy toys

Yeah, well just make sure you check the frame out good on that piece of crap. You're gonna have to make sure it's up to the task of supporting the full "load" of your weight. Just lookin' out for ya..

Its a sickness.

Yeah, well just make sure you check the frame out good on that piece of crap. You're gonna have to make sure it's up to the task of supporting the full "load" of your weight. Just lookin' out for ya..

If your lead sled can handle how you've treated it , I mean we'll that's good enough for me . Thanks for the thoughts .

Back