whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know a close paint match to "Morbark Orange"?

Finished painting the trailer, on to a Morbark 2400xl Hurricane. Ripped it down pretty good today. Now onto endless amounts of prep.:help: Need to find a good color match and order up some decals.

img00263201301081859.jpg

Last edited:

Finished painting the trailer, on to a Morbark 2400xl Hurricane. Ripped it down pretty good today. Now onto endless amounts of prep.:help: Need to find a good color match and order up some decals.

That's orange?:msp_confused: I thought it was red.
If you find a brand of paint that will work for you then get red and orange ( a little black deepens colors) and start mixing til you get it right. Mix small ammounts in little cups while keeping track of the ratio. Probably as good as idea as drinking Mad Dog.

But that's a PITA and still you won't be satisfied. Sounds like you need to get paint from the Morbark store.

Not at all! That's just real cheap, whino booze around these parts. No idea wtf you're talking about, there, Slim! Look it up..

you have to try this stuff... you can put it on your eggos in the morning.

Cabin%20Fever%20Bottle%20Pics%20-%20Copy.jpg

I was up in Quarryville helping a couple of 2tree's logger buddies clean up after that tornado last October. It was a beautiful day. There was this Amish kid with this monster of skidder that looked more like a tank and sounded like a top fuel funny car. He had it on the side of this very steep hill strewn with fallen trees and uproots driving like he was trying to get closer to God. Of course when he went to lunch he had to kick his scooter down the road to MacDonalds cause having a chain and pedals would make it a bicycle and that would be a sin.

I painted my chipper last winter and I bought farm and implement paint thinking vermeer paint would be alot more. My chipper turned out great and im happy with the color but later on I found out that vermeer paint was about the same price. I want to say its around 50 a gallon. I would check with morbark.

Well its back to work for me. I am helping 2tree out tommorow though I was going to get on some of the stuff I have been sitting on. Still have few left over from Sandy and a couple removals to get done soes I can pay my insurance and taxes and buy some more bullets.

I messed around with some equipment today. I built a backdrop for my bow target, tried to pick it up but it slammed me in the head and wrenched my neck which is about broke as it is. I got an arrow stuck in the backdrop now, man, its really in there something fierce. Well at least I know where it is. They aren't cheap either.

I replaced my dryer vent tube today, maybe you should too.

Yesterday I was out riding with my little girl. I got her a sweet Trek, shocks, hand brakes, grip shifters, its bad to the bone. She hit a foot bridge coming down a hill, smacked right into it, I thought she ####ed herself up good. I had to untwist her from the wreckage, bent the handle bars, took a chunk out of the bridge and she was sobbing allright. She's got a little bruise on her knee but is fine. I have been telling her all about my wrecks since she was 3, that's why my neck is ####ed. Bikes and blood, YEEFNHAA! Man you should have see her eat that bridge, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

I also sharpened one of my 44's today. I had hit a rock with it and was thinking of just making a new chain but ten strokes across the top of the cutter with a flat file, ten strokes with a 7/32 with a raker file next to it, 5 strokes with a 13/64 , half a bottle of vodka and I think I just might be able to dull it up again.

I made ravioli with vodka sauce for dinner along with a Ceasar salad and just so you pansies know you would have to put on yer big boy pants to eat that... then yer gonna have to change them in about an hour. This #### will hook you harder than crack cocaine.

006-19.jpg

I'm game. What is your recipe?

We spent today pruning a bunch of overgrown ornamentals at 3 houses. Got a call at lunch that a bid I put in a few weeks ago got approved. Told them 1K to put the trees on the ground, or 3K to chip brush and move the wood. They opted with the 1K, plus added on a couple more trees for a few hundred more... all easy dead hemlocks. Hopefully this will work out well for me as my chipper is still down. Gonna go on Thursday because the owner wants to be there.

That's orange?:msp_confused: I thought it was red.
If you find a brand of paint that will work for you then get red and orange ( a little black deepens colors) and start mixing til you get it right. Mix small ammounts in little cups while keeping track of the ratio. Probably as good as idea as drinking Mad Dog.

But that's a PITA and still you won't be satisfied. Sounds like you need to get paint from the Morbark store.

I call it red, but Morbark considers it an "Orange".

I painted my chipper last winter and I bought farm and implement paint thinking vermeer paint would be alot more. My chipper turned out great and im happy with the color but later on I found out that vermeer paint was about the same price. I want to say its around 50 a gallon. I would check with morbark.

I guess you never know if you don't ask, a call going into my dealer tomorrow.

I painted my red morbark "forest green". So much better imo.

I painted my 250xp a forest green. Looks good. But this chipper has to stay Morbark colors.

Booked a job today that hydro one hacked up some trees on my customers property, they felled 4 red pines and 3 spruces near the 3 phase wires and left 20' poles??????;eft the mess on her front yard and partially blocked her driveway....WTF.... looks ridiculous. They left 3 other trees, 2 cedars and a maple that were in direct contact with the 3 phase. My customer was PO'd and called hydro one....got the oh well run around. Works out fine for me though!$$$$ Took me 1/2 hr to get all the snow off my chip truck and chipper. Snowed 4 out of the last 5 days up until today here!:msp_ohmy:

img00263201301081859.jpg

Van sickle brand tractor paint, "Ford red-orange" number 479 is a very close match. I use it on my chipper and you cant tell the difference. You can get a gallon for $25.00

Last edited:
I call it red, but Morbark considers it an "Orange".

I guess you never know if you don't ask, a call going into my dealer tomorrow.

I painted my 250xp a forest green. Looks good. But this chipper has to stay Morbark colors.

I agree with 2tree. For touch ups I think it's called Farm Implement Red which is probably Ford Red. 'Seems like Morbark or one of their dealers would be willing to fork over the paint code. If you're in Middlefield go to Geauga Auto Parts and tell Dale to drag the chip books out. I've heard you can take a chip to Sherwin Williams and they can computer match it.
Phil

Latest posts

Back