whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday I bid out a trimming job / 4 days for just under 8k loaded with locust trees with years of built up thorns , I snagged this
5a3uveqe.jpg
off the tree to show my wife , the guys will be thrilled I am sure

Last one of those I climbed I felt like pokeymon :hmm3grin2orange: need bear suit lol :cheers:

I dead wooded a big oak over a house up the mountain. We were just taking out dead limbs that would really smash something if they fell. We used a crane. I used a sling off the hook with a pulley to attach my self, and had two long 1in. slings with me. On must of them I would hook a sling around the branch I was going to cut and then either clip it to my saddle or the hook, cut it and let the crane move me in position to toss it safely down. A few long ones and one big ass limb I cradled using a figure 8. I ran a line through the 8 and to each end of the branch. I had to ride them down, climbing on them like an air born teetertodder to snake them through the canapy.
Im sure OSHA wouldn't of approve, but it was a lot of fun. I'm getting pretty good at riding those picks down.

Last one of those I climbed I felt like pokeymon :hmm3grin2orange: need bear suit lol :cheers:

Yea I got a cut from one on the top of my hand , poured alcohol right on it immediately , the next day my hand was a mess that locust #### will tear me up , same as cedar and holly , I may be allergic to it

Doing a tear out today , flat out leveling this ####ing place to prepare for new landscape
bubejesy.jpg
are9y6ug.jpg
eru9etev.jpg
aha4yra2.jpg
upejydav.jpg

The fact that you have the stumper running with that rope on the ground is driving me nuts,its having quite an effect. :msp_ohmy:

Anyway:

Plastic? Plastic!!?? PLASTIC !!!???

I got 242 hours on my 90, the starter has been sounding crunchy since last week. I was pushing it today and it finally stopped working. I pull off the job leaving a pile a brush and poison ivy on the lawn and head home to yank the starter. I bench tested it, sounded kinda mean, ring gear looked Ok. Finally drive all the way to Hell where they took it apart and found the plastic planetary gears stripped to ####.

On the long drive home I called Bandit and told them I didn't think it was acceptable to be putting plastic in places where it doesn't belong. They told me it was Catapillar who done it and I should call them. I told him to stop passing the buck.

I mean the plastic in the starter is one thing but to think that saying its someone else's fault is another. Ain't it ?

Anyway:

This morning my wife was headed off with the chitlin, come back and says she has a flat tire. Just the other day I had the car in the shop getting stickers, the guy checked the tire pressure and screwed up one of those 100 dollar electronic valve stems.

So while I swapped in the spare she tried to drive off in my Power Wagon. She couldn't get it to move, then I saw her reach for the parking brake handle which, when she pulled it, made the truck jump and gave her a start. So cute, so cute.

And I didn't even want to get out of bed today. Nope. I am kinda wishing I had an employee so I could have someone to holler at and blame everything on. Its just not working hollering at my imagination anymore. I need someone I can pay 8 bucks and hour and treat them like dirt.

Last edited:
The fact that you have the stumper running with that rope on the ground is driving me nuts,its having quite an effect. :msp_ohmy:

Anyway:

Plastic? Plastic!!?? PLASTIC !!!???

I got 242 hours on my 90, the starter has been sounding crunchy since last week. I was pushing it today and it finally stopped working. I pull off the job leaving a pile a brush and poison ivy on the lawn and head home to yank the starter. I bench tested it, sounded kinda mean, ring gear looked Ok. Finally drive all the way to Hell where they took it apart and found the plastic planetary gears stripped to ####.

On the long drive home I called Bandit and told them I didn't think it was acceptable to be putting plastic in places where it doesn't belong. They told me it was Catapillar who done it and I should call them. I told him to stop passing the buck.

I mean the plastic in the starter is one thing but to think that saying its someone else's fault is another. Ain't it ?

Anyway:

This morning my wife was headed off with the chitlin, come back and says she has a flat tire. Just the other day I had the car in the shop getting stickers, the guy checked the tire pressure and screwed up one of those 100 dollar electronic valve stems.

So while I swapped in the spare she tried to drive off in my Power Wagon. She couldn't get it to move, then I saw her reach for the parking brake handle which, when she pulled it, made the truck jump and gave her a start. So cute, so cute.

And I didn't even want to get out of bed today. Nope. I am kinda wishing I had an employee so I could have someone to holler at and blame everything on. Its just not working hollering at my imagination anymore. I need someone I can pay 8 bucks and hour and treat them like dirt.

Now that I know that ..... There will be a random rope laying about in all my pics ! :laugh:

Now that I know that ..... There will be a random rope laying about in all my pics ! :laugh:

Of course you will.:msp_thumbup: ayhole

Anyway:
I sure picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

It seems the fellers up at the starter/ alternator shop know what they are doing although the work surfaces need cleaned up as the heaps compiled there were also having an effect on me.

They were able to locate a gear set for this Cat/Perkins pile of a starter. All said and done 100 bucks.

On my way up there I went the wrong way, ended up going down High St in Pottstown which was ALSO having a very negative effect on my as well.

Pottstown is mostly comprised of the offspring of the people they let out of the Pennhurst insane asylum and the rest, well, I dunno. What can you can call people who stand in the street, hop up and down and holler at each other all day long? Bums? I guess so. And I can't be accused of racism cause I hate everybody equally.

I think Pottstown is actually bigger than Philly.

Quite surgical there buddy.:msp_thumbup:

Is that really a Bobcat? Looks more like a gulf cart.

Bobcat "Toolcat" @ around $60K Canadian they are a very versatile gulf cart. :msp_mellow:
Buddy helping me on this job owns two of them with front mount snowblowers. A busy little camper in the winter.

Bobcat "Toolcat" @ around $60K Canadian they are a very versatile gulf cart. :msp_mellow:
Buddy helping me on this job owns two of them with front mount snowblowers. A busy little camper in the winter.

Nice little wheely dealy there. I was actually thinking of getting one to tool around in as a car. I saw a couple that were roadworthy.

Banged out two big gums and schedualled 4 fall jobs discounted slightly for the wait !

100 degrees sure was happy had my wraptor!

Yeah, it was 95 here yesterday, and humid as hell. Sticky sticky sticky.
3 prune jobs yesterday, love those, small and quick. Can make a good amount of coin pruning your 40fters and have very little waste, have not dumped chips or my dump trailer yet this week, but have made out like a bandit.
Had the oldest boy up with me, getting him back into it for the summer. Gotta get him a saddle tho, not happy with the Sherrill basic anymore, LOL. Wanted to make sure he was going to actually do it before dumping a few hundred on one.
Having the boys go on a spitting party today, wood supply is low, gotta get it split for the people. Does anyone sell cherry or any other type of wood to any Pit masters. I have a crap load of cherry and a bit of apple, wondering how much too charge as compared to regular wood. Was thinking between .50 cents to a dollar a piece. ON CRACK am I?

Yeah, it was 95 here yesterday, and humid as hell. Sticky sticky sticky.
3 prune jobs yesterday, love those, small and quick. Can make a good amount of coin pruning your 40fters and have very little waste, have not dumped chips or my dump trailer yet this week, but have made out like a bandit.
Had the oldest boy up with me, getting him back into it for the summer. Gotta get him a saddle tho, not happy with the Sherrill basic anymore, LOL. Wanted to make sure he was going to actually do it before dumping a few hundred on one.
Having the boys go on a spitting party today, wood supply is low, gotta get it split for the people. Does anyone sell cherry or any other type of wood to any Pit masters. I have a crap load of cherry and a bit of apple, wondering how much too charge as compared to regular wood. Was thinking between .50 cents to a dollar a piece. ON CRACK am I?

Lol here smoking guys buy it cord price which seemed to have dropped 50 dollars to 150 from all the tornado damage and out of work crack heads! I dunno, in your area good wood may be at a premium, maybe put certified organic on the label, who knows lol :cheers:

Back