whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took this pic 5 minutes ago ! Scary dark !
3y4y7ese.jpg
y6y7a6y7.jpg
feels the temp has dropped 25 degrees and the wind is whipping

Took this pic 5 minutes ago ! Scary dark !
3y4y7ese.jpg
y6y7a6y7.jpg
feels the temp has dropped 25 degrees and the wind is whipping

I'd pack it in if I were you. Saw that big green blob on the radar this morning and said #### it myself. I got wet enough times for one week already.

Sure, come on over... bring a tape measure with you.

I up to my eyeballs in it , I'll try to get the measurement soon, I did look in my manual but it didn't state axle width.

Whatever yer up to I not sure I wanna know but if you get to talking to people about whatever it is be sure to keep in mind that axle width is just that and WHEELBASE is the measurement from the front axle to the back axle. My chipper doesn't actually have a wheelbase because it only has one axle.

Thanks Danno,
ya, axle width not wheelbase

I have the narrow 44inch width axle (center of tire to center of tire) on mine and want to go standard width model 90 so go
measure it for crying out load :help: p.s. i will send you a tube of GLUE for your time :laugh:

Sure, come on over... bring a tape measure with you.

I up to my eyeballs in it , I'll try to get the measurement soon, I did look in my manual but it didn't state axle width.

Whatever yer up to I not sure I wanna know but if you get to talking to people about whatever it is be sure to keep in mind that axle width is just that and WHEELBASE is the measurement from the front axle to the back axle. My chipper doesn't actually have a wheelbase because it only has one axle.

Thanks Danno,
ya, axle width not wheelbase

I have the narrow 44inch width axle (center of tire to center of tire) on mine and want to go standard width model 90 so go
measure it for crying out load :help: p.s. i will send you a tube of GLUE for your time :laugh:

45 and 1/2 inches. Mine is a torsion bar set up, I measured in between the cantilevers which is pretty much the measurement of the axle tube itself. My axle tube is square.

So you tipped yer chipper? How? I don't think swapping axles is what you want to do. I am not sure you can. Well, I am sure it can be done but I can see it being an expensive and fruitless undertaking.

Anyway:

Picked up my chipper starter at 7:30 and then went to have the 400 dollar serpentine belt put on my wife's car. I was helping, the guy told me to bring the torches up from downstairs so I went down to get them. I wheeled them to the bottom of the stairs before the full force of reality set in. I went back up and they were laughing at me. I have to admit it was funny but I did convince them to stop ####ing around and go through the wheel well with a swivel socket and an extension.

Then he was having problems getting the alternator back on. I told him that he wouldn't be having that problem if he didn't chase me away as I would have tapped the slip sleeve out so it would fit back on the bracket and, not only that, but I thought that he was supposed to be a top notch mechanic and would know to do that soes where is my money going?

So I went and got a hamburger and listened to the owner complain about Obama-Care til I couldn't take it anymore.

I got home and popped the starter in the chipper, sounds REALLY nice now. Then I hit the parts house for oil and filters then picked up my chitlin and took her to gym class. BOY! The smell in there made me gag. The smell of de feet. Its bad, no getting used to that. It made me nauseous and gave me a headache. The smell is still in my nose. Its not so bad in the winter.

Last edited:
DId you have the starter rebuilt? They didn't put new plastic gears back in the thing did they?

45 and 1/2 inches. Mine is a torsion bar set up, I measured in between the cantilevers which is pretty much the measurement of the axle tube itself. My axle tube is square.

So you tipped yer chipper? How? I don't think swapping axles is what you want to do. I am not sure you can. Well, I am sure it can be done but I can see it being an expensive and fruitless undertaking.

Thanks danno! that was big of you!
Putting a wider axle on is easy peasy, been welding since I could walk, had my own welding business back in the day

Thanks danno! that was big of you!
Putting a wider axle on is easy peasy, been welding since I could walk, had my own welding business back in the day

Is yours leaf sprung?

Lady from the inner city called yesterday. She told me she did a search for Amish Tree Service and my name came up--Great. Time to work on my SEO. I did the same search and all I came up with is "Amish Marty" on youtube. Here's Marty being belayed by his trusty groundsman with the black felt hard hat.

Amish Marty Trimming a Massive 80' Oak Tree - YouTube

Phil

Quiet day today with all the rain. Looked at a job last night before the rains came, got a call today saying that I got it. Currently working on an invoice for one of my clients... the wife called up today she wants the bill. I guess I probably owe them one, seeing how some of the work was done last October. We usually square up about once or twice a year... so it's that time again I guess?

Assaulted the wood pile with great success,Steven, main kid, put a new chain on the 46, brand new chain out of the box. I go in my office and I here him constantly revin it up, not cutting, finally after a minute or two, I go out to see what the hell he is doing..... why he is not cutting and why he is beatin on my brand new saw. I find him slicing thru big wood and its not slowing the saw at all. He looks up at me with this BIG CHEESY GRIN. I watch him for a bit, the thing is just blazin thru the wood, all sizes. Not sure what the deal was, but that was a sharp aas chain for factory.

Went on a few bids, I hate it when the wife answers and she is so freakin hot it makes ya dizzy, wearing dos short little booty shorts and a Under Armor tight rash guard half shirt, she must have been working out. I swear they do it on purpose, as she new I was coming at that time. I not sure what I bid or what the job was.............

Planted a peach,plum, apple and a pear at the house. That is in addition to. Blue berry's, grapes, peanuts, ghost peppers, jalapenos, limes, black berry's, to mate toes, po tate toes, greanbeans, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, radish, onion, cilantro, basil, oregano, chives, celery, arugula and green and red bell peppers. But because of all the rain, the garden.........its not doing so hot.

Latest posts

Back