whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bobcat is half the size and would prolly out pick most tractors that can be loaded and pulled with a 1 ton , and while your tractor is falling on its face with tires that are about ready to blow off there rims I am spinning around running circles like a diesel powered pixie ! Just saying
So what is your point?

If I assume correctly, your mighty little bobcat is the only way to go.....I think I understand...oh yeah....I have one....it is called a mini.....lol

nothing wrong with an ugly chick with a great body......it is all in the performance....lol

I will take your word on the bobcat.....never owned one......rented them a time or two and did not see where they were better than my tractor, for me. I do not disagree they will outlift a tractor.

nothing wrong with an ugly chick with a great body......it is all in the performance....lol

I will take your word on the bobcat.....never owned one......rented them a time or two and did not see where they were better than my tractor, for me. I do not disagree they will outlift a tractor.

That's a nice looking tractor (was checking it out in another pic). How many HP? What's that on the back?
It's a 7040 Kubota 75 hp, it has a box blade on the back with a hydro top link and a hydro tilt on one
u3uqydud.jpg
8ezaqyde.jpg
side for cutting swells. The tractor works out very well for us, and the worn out front tires do less damage on the turf. That being said I would like to have a Bobcat A300-A770 all wheel steer unit one day with turf tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went from a 34 hp to a 45 hp tractor. I miss the smaller tractor but the new has a grapple attachment and I absolutely love having that on the machine. I can now pick up larger logs. I don't know how many nice white oaks I cut in half because my 34 hp would not pick up an 25" 8' White Oak log.

That must be one more BAD tractor. I have a 99hp John Deere, and it can't pick up diddly. It has trouble picking up a full scoop of dirt.

It's a 7040 Kubota 75 hp, it has a box blade on the back with a hydro top link and a hydro tilt on one
u3uqydud.jpg
8ezaqyde.jpg
side for cutting swells. The tractor works out very well for us, and the worn out front tires do less damage on the turf. That being said I would like to have a Bobcat A300-A770 all wheel steer unit one day with turf tires.

You gotta get one of those winches like that ******** from Connecticut has , they are awesome !

I went from a 34 hp to a 45 hp tractor. I miss the smaller tractor but the new has a grapple attachment and I absolutely love having that on the machine. I can now pick up larger logs. I don't know how many nice white oaks I cut in half because my 34 hp would not pick up an 25" 8' White Oak log.

That must be one more BAD tractor. I have a 99hp John Deere, and it can't pick up diddly. It has trouble picking up a full scoop of dirt.]

If you are looking for small and compact they are awesome , if your looking for versatility then they aren't for you , mostly they serve as mules to move material quickly .

I'll have 2 pass on the winch, we just go ahead and pic the stuff up and carry it out hahaha !! :)
No really I know a winch would workout great in some places.

I was cutting trees down in a catch basin and Paul was sending down the cable and forwarding trees 60/70 ft down where the tractor can't go , they are super and freaking nasty as hell .

My bobcat is half the size and would prolly out pick most tractors that can be loaded and pulled with a 1 ton , and while your tractor is falling on its face with tires that are about ready to blow off there rims I am spinning around running circles like a diesel powered pixie ! Just saying

Yep. My bobcat loader is way stronger than the tractor that weighs 3,000lbs more. But it can never push or pull as big a load, and it has no PTO to mount attachments to. The tractor works on both ends, and you don't have to worry about rolling it over backwards if you drive up a steep hill.

Every machine is the best you can own...if you are doing exactly what it was made for. Every machine sucks if you are trying to do things it was not made to do.

...That being said I would like to have a Bobcat A300-A770 all wheel steer unit one day with turf tires.

Yep. That is what I got. A300, turf tires and all.

When it comes to recovering big logs from back yards, it cannot be beat. It is also hell on wheels in snow removal. There isn't any other skid steer that can touch it for traction in slippery areas. I have been stuck any number of times in skid steer mode, it is just the same as an S300. Usually all you have to do is switch it to 4-wheel steer, and it drives out without any further problems.

We did a tree removal one time for another tree service; the whole job was saved by this machine. We drove back and forth across a newly seeded yard, picking logs off an 8' tall terrace and backing out to load on our truck. No torn up yard, no ruts, no problems!

Last edited:
I remember back in the early 80's I was working for Park Cities Tree Service in Dallas and they had this old Ford tractor with a front end loader on it...I think it was an 8N. Hell it could have been a 9N to long ago to remember. Anyway that damn thing about killed me three or four times. It would flip at the drop of a hat.

I remember back in the early 80's I was working for Park Cities Tree Service in Dallas and they had this old Ford tractor with a front end loader on it...I think it was an 8N. Hell it could have been a 9N to long ago to remember. Anyway that damn thing about killed me three or four times. It would flip at the drop of a hat.
Yea like it would seem as if it was going head first and always flip to the drivers side , we have a ford tractor 4x4 at the shop that has been on side at least 4xs , they were horrible .

I'll have 2 pass on the winch, we just go ahead and pic the stuff up and carry it out hahaha !! :)
No really I know a winch would workout great in some places.

I was using my A300 to take out a huge dead silver maple once in a rather crowded back yard. The tree was just downhill from a 4' terrace wall that we could not traverse in any way, and it was too dead to climb safely. We took out a fence section, drove a towable manlift in to cut the tree down. Then we took our capstan rope winch, rigged it with some pulleys onto our grapple, and winched logs up the hill, right up in the air into our grapple, which then toted the logs away.

Someday, I'll get a hydraulic winch and permanently mount it to my grapple. That works so slick for places you cannot drive to.

Back