whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a small land clear job today in Mohnton, Pa. Day was going good until I broke one of the root grapple tines bolts which let the cylinder twist and over extend which broke the cylinder bolts and blew fluid out the side. Figured I would just grab a grapple at a rental.place and finish. Nobody had one for rent. Ran a hour to the hydraulic shop and got fixxed back up. Got the job done and let the job with a nice sunset.uploadfromtaptalk1390874404510.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390874421622.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390874449369.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390874483094.jpguploadfromtaptalk1390874496169.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yep. That is what I got. A300, turf tires and all.

When it comes to recovering big logs from back yards, it cannot be beat. It is also hell on wheels in snow removal. There isn't any other skid steer that can touch it for traction in slippery areas. I have been stuck any number of times in skid steer mode, it is just the same as an S300. Usually all you have to do is switch it to 4-wheel steer, and it drives out without any further problems.

We did a tree removal one time for another tree service; the whole job was saved by this machine. We drove back and forth across a newly seeded yard, picking logs off an 8' tall terrace and backing out to load on our truck. No torn up yard, no ruts, no problems!
Did you purchase that machine new, what year is it and how many hrs do you have on it ?? Oh and pics of it plz sir ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you purchase that machine new, what year is it and how many hrs do you have on it ?? Oh and pics of it plz sir ..

2007, bought it new for about $54K with a combo bucket & root grapple. I think it is getting close to 3000hrs on it.

No major repairs yet, although we had to replace an electric joystick for about $700...in parts. :cry:

I have virtually no problems with anything but the electronics so far, and it has been pretty reliable. When they cause problems, you are hosed. It's call the dealer time, 'cause you sure cannot work on it yourself.

If I could figure out how to post my own pictures here, I would. I can put up a link, but I haven't been able to post a picture of my own since they got the new system. The AS system does not seem to have any upload feature anymore; probably to prevent viruses and other nasty stuff.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h3nkt92zubrg4rh/uGJBzjZgz_

Try that link. You should see plenty of pics...if the link works. Notice the nearly complete absence of tire tracks in the spruce stump removal.

Little snow in AL !
eny7yjyt.jpg
cant hardly see it that's how little it is ! Lol. Thank goodness !

You turn on your cruise control. Hit the set button. It should go to high idle. You use the the buttons just like you would when driving to adjust your speed to adjust the idle rpm

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ok i got it goes upto 1500rpms. Nice to know. I think there is other **** on it that i dont know how to work too.

When im sitting in park it seems like it idles up alot. Is that normal and why does it do it?

Back