whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You brought “stubby” out of retirement I see.

100% chance of rain today and the boss sends me a quarter mile through a horse pasture with a 29,000#elevator and a chip truck plus chipper. Any guesses to how that worked out?

Stubs is a good old friend. Like a faithful old dog.

Sorry to hear about your day today. Three words said enough for me to get the picture “pasture”, “rain” and “trucks”. Lol

The bucket truck broke down twenty minutes into the job and spent three hours getting it restarted so we could get the boom out of the way. It died agiain before the road and had to be towed out. I ended up climbing in pissing rain. Then of course the chip truck and chipper needed pulled out. All of this because the estimator thought it would be easier than just climb and use a mini skid from the driveway 30’ away. There will be beer consumed tonight. I don’t know how much longer I can take this circus
Sorry no pics. Phone was safe in my lunch box. Far away from my throwing arm
Dang Treebilly, I thought you did your own gig

Found a Northern Pacific Rattlesnake one foot outside the front door. :eek:

He (pregnant she?) was not long for this world.

80-rattler_april_27_2018_8fa601fe55e6aaea222a06f91fac6d2111235e7b.jpg

Finally got a day off (due to more rain, and the fact that it’s sunday anyway).

I gotta say, it’s been getting to me already. Between the rainy-rain and the whiny, lazy help, and this one particularly annoying customer making the MDS want to kick her in the fat ass. Then all this ******** I had to go through with dmv to get a plate for the new chipper - the bucket control recall I had handled this week - now there’s a recall on something with the ram’s ignition switch (something like that). Then there’s the actual cutting of the trees, I guess that’s worth mention. I gotta say, this tree-servicing is tough business. It’s a good thing I am the chosen one.:laugh:

Still no cylinder. The altec warehouse said they were making it right and shipping it last Saturday morning. They waited until Monday afternoon. I’m starting to climb dead trees and hazard stuff because my other recourse is to have my guys do firewood, which I’m trying to get out of.

Sounds like altec is really slacking on taking care of their customer.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Still no cylinder. The altec warehouse said they were making it right and shipping it last Saturday morning. They waited until Monday afternoon. I’m starting to climb dead trees and hazard stuff because my other recourse is to have my guys do firewood, which I’m trying to get out of.

Dude, just get a brand new bucket and keep that as a backup!! What year Altec is it?

Dude, just get a brand new bucket and keep that as a backup!! What year Altec is it?

I just blew 230 large on my garage and found out it’s only valued at 80 as an accessory structure. I wish I could get one but for right now I’m dealing with paying my bills.
The boom is an ‘01 lrv. I need another bucket for another crew but I’d need another truck too. I’m working on a putting together a plan for a big loan for the fall.

Latest posts

Back