whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s tip tied, re-directed and cranked over with the GRCS? Pretty slick

Yeah. Was nestled in the top of a Norway maple to the right and reaching away so I tip tied it with a couple pole sections, notched it, butt tied it, pre-tensioned it a little, back cut it, took the lift back and watched it go over. Not exactly the safest thing, or something I do everyday, but it got us home before 8:00 lol. Obviously knowing what kind of wood you’re dealing with, etc is key. It was lined up with the pulley nice too, so a good straight pull and a slight side lean away from me.

Jefferson is for sale if any of you are looking for an awesome beater wood truck!! New heavy duty rear springs (2k), recent servicing, etc. starts in the dead of winter after sitting for weeks with just a tap of key. Is a man’s truck though, not for soft newbie’s lol.

I need to replace him with a new equipment trailer. I’d take $7500 firm. Well worth it if you’re man enough lol. Just throwing that out there.
D3170603-E2BD-462B-B03B-932B60BE59D1.jpeg8B7A7372-E291-457B-8E49-C13BC46FE6D5.jpeg49A4C8C7-85C5-4CE1-B9AC-0966AF534515.jpeg

Jefferson is for sale if any of you are looking for an awesome beater wood truck!! New heavy duty rear springs (2k), recent servicing, etc. starts in the dead of winter after sitting for weeks with just a tap of key. Is a man’s truck though, not for soft newbie’s lol.

I need to replace him with a new equipment trailer. I’d take $7500 firm. Well worth it if you’re man enough lol. Just throwing that out there.
View attachment 953189View attachment 953190View attachment 953191
Rent to own? Lol
That would be the answer to a lot of our problems but unfortunately the last month has been really bad everybody's been sick and we basically only have done 2 jobs the last 30 days.

Ima get with my buddy and see if he has any ideas [emoji362]

33k air?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rent to own? Lol
That would be the answer to a lot of our problems but unfortunately the last month has been really bad everybody's been sick and we basically only have done 2 jobs the last 30 days.

Ima get with my buddy and see if he has any ideas [emoji362]

33k air?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Keonu Rounds is interested in my boy Jeffery!!?? Lmao. I’d be honored!

View attachment 953189View attachment 953190View attachment 953191

Jeffery looks like a bargain for 7.5K.

Bit far to drive him though & one load axle is a bit light for my purposes, but be a good firewood truck.

Got a new phone and finally retrieved all of my calls from the old phone and listened to the new messages. I got a new phone 12 days ago and they never told me how to set it up, just figured everything was good to go.

wrong.

Looking like Luckydad is buying Jeffery. We’re just working out a titling snafu with ct dmv. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be an issue though

I’m glad a good ole tree boy is buying it and Jeffery will spend his days rocking it out in Alabama. Hope for a few pics. That truck had become part of me. Good trucks are like good workers, they become friends, hard to just get rid of.

Looking like Luckydad is buying Jeffery. We’re just working out a titling snafu with ct dmv. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to be an issue though

I’m glad a good ole tree boy is buying it and Jeffery will spend his days rocking it out in Alabama. Hope for a few pics. That truck had become part of me. Good trucks are like good workers, they become friends, hard to just get rid of.

My old warhorse mulch truck, Thunder, is like that. Is a place of big machines, the old Scania draws respect.

1982. Big V8 with a 10 speed synchro, originally a prime mover (road train), done somewhere in the millions of kilometres, big engine ticks over everyday, pulls away from light vehicles on the highway, scares 4WD tracks, fancipants newer crane truck can't keep up with Thunder.

Had to put another gearbox & mirror on recently, but the old beast well & truly deserves it. Not saying it's ever happened, but in theory Thunder could run some of my undercutting, tree lopping competitors off the road in their light toy trucks....

My old warhorse mulch truck, Thunder, is like that. Is a place of big machines, the old Scania draws respect.

1982. Big V8 with a 10 speed synchro, originally a prime mover (road train), done somewhere in the millions of kilometres, big engine ticks over everyday, pulls away from light vehicles on the highway, scares 4WD tracks, fancipants newer crane truck can't keep up with Thunder.

Had to put another gearbox & mirror on recently, but the old beast well & truly deserves it. Not saying it's ever happened, but in theory Thunder could run some of my undercutting, tree lopping competitors off the road in their light toy trucks....
Any pics of the old beast?

Latest posts

Back