whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SO how do you get more opportunities to bid on that kind of work? What steps does a company take to increase their percentage of commercial work and decrease residential?

Have someone dedicated to chasing the contracts & working through the mountain of tape & paperwork….

Have been progressively increasing commercial work, which has a direct correlation with my decreasing sleep hours!!

SO how do you get more opportunities to bid on that kind of work? What steps does a company take to increase their percentage of commercial work and decrease residential?
We have business developers (salesman) that market us and know how to make the right contacts. Being a TCIA Accreditted Company helps a lot.
Jeff

Put the kid up in the air again today. He did good. Just a few relatively easy trees “just get ‘em on the ground” type deal. Perfect practice trees, plus it freed me up to make some calls.

A days pay and we still had time to drop the giant and lift #1 at a crane job (ins job, tree on house) and got things all set up for tomorrow. Should be a good end to the week.
81C2D04A-BA08-4389-83D3-73450E376434.jpeg
EA8CBE23-A3B0-428F-95A8-AA4F91F2A541.jpeg
829B352C-B8AC-40C4-960C-115B6BC01DC6.jpeg

Went out and picked up one of the spider lifts from yesterday’s crane job. Then I went back and brought home the rest of the wood with the log truck, (topping it off nicely for the week) … in the rain.. on a Saturday. Cuz that’s generally how the MDS rolls, baby. :cool:

I’m actually really starting to enjoy this truck finally. Just get better and better with it as time goes along too.

So nice to say goodbye to so many aspects of the old days!
52DBBB86-6005-43DC-9D55-144E50C33C68.jpeg

Went out and picked up one of the spider lifts from yesterday’s crane job. Then I went back and brought home the rest of the wood with the log truck, (topping it off nicely for the week) … in the rain.. on a Saturday. Cuz that’s generally how the MDS rolls, baby. :cool:

I’m actually really starting to enjoy this truck finally. Just get better and better with it as time goes along too.

So nice to say goodbye to so many aspects of the old days!
View attachment 949289
That truck is slick! Tandem axle?

That truck is slick! Tandem axle?

Thanks. Tandem axles with a pusher. Truck has a 77k + gvwr. No worries about ever being overloaded really… at least I seriously doubt it. Cruising right up these hills fully loaded is pretty wild too.

Things are definitely coming together. With the last few weeks of good jobs done and in the bank, I’m comfortable enough to pay off the bucket right now. Probably do that next week (got the payoff quote yesterday). So the new lift is just more capabilities and only like $250 a month more than the bucket was. Wasn’t easy, but looks like I accomplished what I set out to do this year. Can hardly wait for spring.

Thanks. Tandem axles with a pusher. Truck has a 77k + gvwr. No worries about ever being overloaded really… at least I seriously doubt it. Cruising right up these hills fully loaded is pretty wild too.

Things are definitely coming together. With the last few weeks of good jobs done and in the bank, I’m comfortable enough to pay off the bucket right now. Probably do that next week (got the payoff quote yesterday). So the new lift is just more capabilities and only like $250 a month more than the bucket was. Wasn’t easy, but looks like I accomplished what I set out to do this year. Can hardly wait for spring.
just wondering, does the trevet have a log truck?

Hectic recently having to move & set-up new yard then a nasty bushfire tore through a large section of national park, including the big tall karri's, so some hail mary work coming up getting a lot of sites open again. Parents place was in firing line, have been working on defences around residence for some years, being up against 25,000 odd acres of national park, but was driving down there on the second night with a team & gear ready to help parents stay & defend, pyrocumulus was terrifyingly towering, hot low RH northerly, thought the time might have come for the family home. Fortunately conditions eased.

Just quoted a fun ninety tree removal for some stand thinning, with stump grinding. Hoping the job will facilitate the arrival of the new Vermeer 852 grinder.

Couple nice takedowns today. Nothing exciting. Very chilly day in the 20's this morning.

Just heard back on 2 $20k+ jobs today. Grateful for a lot of work going into the winter. I'll be using my uniforest winch to move around the chipper in the snow. I was thinking of having a removable ski-like slider to put on the bottom of the jack stand so it doesn't dig into the dirt. Any of you guys use anything like that to move a chipper around with a winch?

1640051843687.png

Latest posts

Back