whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no excuse for that sort of behaviour and I would have been hard pushed to not respond in an insulting way.

Almost as bad as realising your climbing rope has run through wet dog **** as you move down and around the tree.
Lady threw dogshit at me today...not a good day. Wet, fresh dogshit. She claimed we were over pruning her crape myrtles.

You feel like it...the woman is just crazy. I actually got paid upfront from her sister about four times what the job was worth to work over there. That's the only way I would do it. Crew leader said he was never going back there. That was it for him at that dingbats house.

Close as I ever got (in recent memory anyway) to strangling a customer was the day I flipped my Giant on its side and this old (and rich) British sounding hen was out taking pictures of it for Facebook and giggling... while we waited for the tow truck to right it. Just picture not knowing how damaged your 93k brand new investment is with that going on! I didn't know if there was a rock through the side under there or what. There was more too, but yeah, that move, coupled with the fact that they were already on my top five most annoying customers of all time list, and she almost got it that day!! Lol. Probably a good thing I don't have a revolver.

Those used tires have literally been on my truck for 20 years, guessing the new ones won't last as long. Have a hard time picturing doing my job without 4x4 truck although I am pondering a used NiftyLift SD64 after I get my Giant paid off...

Attachments

• IMG_9134.JPG
    IMG_9134.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9135.JPG
    IMG_9135.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9136.JPG
    IMG_9136.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9137.JPG
    IMG_9137.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • Picture.jpeg
    Picture.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 34
Those used tires have literally been on my truck for 20 years, guessing the new ones won't last as long. Have a hard time picturing doing my job without 4x4 truck although I am pondering a used NiftyLift SD64 after I get my Giant paid off...

Those are sweet tires! What’d they set you back (mounted and balanced and all) if you don’t mind me asking?

If I remember correctly Continental owns Hankook. Continental started out making rubber pads to go under horseshoes. (I saw an episode of how it’s made on tires a few weekends back lol).

My bucket has the Continentals on it. The drivers side tire is already getting a little choppy (tread raised irregularly). I should check the air pressure, but I’m pretty sure the 4x4 buckets are known for that. My old one did the same thing.

Those are sweet tires! What’d they set you back (mounted and balanced and all) if you don’t mind me asking?

If I remember correctly Continental owns Hankook. Continental started out making rubber pads to go under horseshoes. (I saw an episode of how it’s made on tires a few weekends back lol).

My bucket has the Continentals on it. The drivers side tire is already getting a little choppy (tread raised irregularly). I should check the air pressure, but I’m pretty sure the 4x4 buckets are known for that. My old one did the same thing.
have had very good service from hankook tires on the cranes

that is a very solid truck

Yeah, my mechanic commented on how it's hard to find the older double framed trucks still solid like that. The new HD springs did wonders for it too. I'd probably never get rid of it if I had a bigger yard. That and I ordered a new trailer and money is a little tighter than it should be this winter after paying off the bucket.

It was just under $2500 for 4 tires, rims, valve stems and mounting. I do not typically balance the bigger tires on the rear of my trucks. This truck is not supposed to be driven over 55 mph anyway. I am assuming the choppy you are talking about is on front tire ? The older tires you see were originally on the front of my truck also and they too got "choppy" pretty fast. I tried a few different options but my latest that I am happy with so far is a 315/80R22.5 on front with solid outer tread. Not quite as aggressive for sure but hoping they will last longer without getting "choppy". The angry tires are 11R 22.5's which seem to match well height wise so as to not screw up 4 wheel drive.

Attachments

• IMG_9142.JPG
    IMG_9142.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Interesting. I saved a screen shot of that post for reference when the time comes. I’m thinking my best bet in the not too distant future would probably be to rotate the outer rear tires to the front and have them balanced/check air pressure. (Truck only has 6700 or so miles on it) I only have four Alcoa rims on that truck, which kind of pissed me off. The inner two rear rims are white painted steel. They kind of slipped that one by me. I guess that’s the way they do it generally though… or so I was told.

And yes, drivers front is the one getting choppy.

Interesting. I saved a screen shot of that post for reference when the time comes. I’m thinking my best bet in the not too distant future would probably be to rotate the outer rear tires to the front and have them balanced/check air pressure. (Truck only has 6700 or so miles on it) I only have four Alcoa rims on that truck, which kind of pissed me off. The inner two rear rims are white painted steel. They kind of slipped that one by me. I guess that’s the way they do it generally though… or so I was told.

I believe it is fairly common to have inner be steel. I have a roll-off truck with Alcoa on outer and steel inner also.

Secondary thought, I did add what I would call a steering stabilizer many years ago, basically a 50/50 shock attached to differential and drag link to help with occasional steering wheel wobble ? which seemed to help to a degree with front tire wear.

Are those buckets ya'll rocking full time 4WD?
I can shift transfer case from 2WD to 4WD, everything still turns but it won't bind up. Mine has no lockouts at wheels, actually has planetary gear set-up which allows my differential to be smaller which helps with ground clearance and I have never broken an axle up front I think because of it.

Mine has switches in the dash (assuming they power solenoids), one to engage the front axle, and one to go from hi to low range. Also has switches for the lockers. But you can run it as a two wheel drive in low range without engaging the front axle too if needed.

My 97 GMC (marmon Harrington conversion) had hyd brakes but a separate air compressor just to engage the transfer case/front axle using air actuated switches under the dash. Had real locking hubs in the front too which was cool.

Oh, and Jefferson is still available if anyone in a state that understands CT dmv doesn’t issue titles for vehicles 20 model years or older wants it. Turns out Alabama dmv is a pita lol.
That’s messed up that Connecticut doesn’t have titles for older vehicles. What proof of ownership do they give you? I know that would be a problem trying to get a title in Ohio, but I kinda want that old girl.

That’s messed up that Connecticut doesn’t have titles for older vehicles. What proof of ownership do they give you? I know that would be a problem trying to get a title in Ohio, but I kinda want that old girl.

It’s actually a pretty official looking, double sided form with a watermark like a real title and all that. It’s at my shop right now, I’ll put up a pic later, just for conversation.

This is what I got. The first letter explains things, and the second is the Q1 that replaces my title they nabbed when I bought it and transferred it from NY. Supposedly they still have the title and or record of it, just don’t issue new titles for over 25 year old vehicles. This is how they do it. I’m pissed, but whatever. I’ll keep it if it becomes too much of a pita to sell. It is pretty handy and I’m sure I have some space left somewhere lol.
2B0CD571-6541-4211-A996-0956C8091745.jpeg491D0C9F-9644-4AFF-932E-E406D06B1703.jpeg

Back