whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the real trick any more is finding the work for it ... You'll be grabbing some wood now , I agree that truck would be nice with some bunks , what engine is it ? Can you use the bucket or do you need a license like over here... Trees are exempt but no construction material or a man cage ...

We usually leave it to HO - unless theres a lot of brush(trees)- then the energy company will come out and pay us for chipping for all of it! - aint that sweet!

I got in disagreement over some tree names in latin today - are you guys can name them for shure- if you do i'll have to know most of them too- but I dont think I will be able to name them as well as OD and Jeff-just dont have the drive right now-making a living is no 1 right now!

Botanical names are best learned by using them often. Don't let it get you worried. Besides, knowing the common names enables you to get the botanical name. You'll be fine.
Jeff ;)

Now the real trick any more is finding the work for it ... You'll be grabbing some wood now , I agree that truck would be nice with some bunks , what engine is it ? Can you use the bucket or do you need a license like over here... Trees are exempt but no construction material or a man cage ...

You know I try to do things strategically 101. I bought the big chipper and set up the big chip truck and have a big picker. Now a capable 25 ton 140' crane. All this basically in lieu of EAB slamming this area soon. We get more and more violent storms around here these days too. It has a 350 hp Cat....and you better believe I will be using the bucket sometimes.

Thanks guys for the compliments on this truck. I am old and earned it and you all will get what you want if you want it bad enough.:cheers:

You know I try to do things strategically 101. I bought the big chipper and set up the big chip truck and have a big picker. Now a capable 25 ton 140' crane. All this basically in lieu of EAB slamming this area soon. We get more and more violent storms around here these days too. It has a 350 hp Cat....and you better believe I will be using the bucket sometimes.

Thanks guys for the compliments on this truck. I am old and earned it and you all will get what you want if you want it bad enough.:cheers:

AH YEA THE EMERALD ASH BORE HUH, thats not a far shot from either of us now , we only need some bad mulch to be moved down this way and thats all she wrote ... Would be a shame though to lose upwards of 10k trees a year , thats alot of missing work for the next generation ...

AH YEA THE EMERALD ASH BORE HUH, thats not a far shot from either of us now , we only need some bad mulch to be moved down this way and thats all she wrote ... Would be a shame though to lose upwards of 10k trees a year , thats alot of missing work for the next generation ...

If you had euc's, there would be work for centuries!
Jeff :cheers:

The obvious strategy there is start planting trees. We probably planted 40 trees last week (some with the crane with a 5" caliper and over 30' tall).

Real good money. Way back in the day, you could not possibly be competitive without a high gpm output spray rig....I had one. Now there is other stuff you gotta have and gotta do.

Had to meet with the power company rep today, apparently they don't wrap wires anymore due to liability concerns.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bid myself out of this one today..

look at you posting pics! whats next you going to show AS your secret handshake?!

sub in TV's new crano!

what highball kinda number you throw at that thing?! lol.

look at you posting pics! whats next you going to show AS your secret handshake?!

sub in TV's new crano!

what highball kinda number you throw at that thing?! lol.

It sure is something different seeing the pics next to his name. he must have got hit in the head at work which knocked something loose so he could think enough to figure out how to do it . Either that or he finally came across a girl that gave crap enough to show him how.
its always good to see something new here, maybe we can get through this winter on MDS pics alone.

So, I got the guy's on a big job and one my guy's calls me to tell me that he see's a guy watching us and taking pic's and observing us for about 30 minutes. Turn's out to be a company that is new (3 years old and rookie managers) ( I know them). I will say this, Adam is an armchair arborist and a guy who thinks he's all that. I know the guy and felt like calling his boss ( I also know) and asking if he pay's a guy to watch us. They have been "buying job's" to keep their guy's busy and it must be draining to them. This company is barely 3 years old and I trained them both. Desperation is what I see. Two guy's start a company after I train them and then try to look for something on me to report? Idiot's. I wonder how long they will last even tho their Daddy's invested in their dream. Neither one has any climbing experience or knowledge of tree work. They are book smart and have the nicest hands you ever saw on a guy. Whew!, Thanks, had to say it as they are ' lurker's'. So, F-U Adam! Dope!
Good luck in your dismal future!
Jeff ;)

So, I got the guy's on a big job and one my guy's calls me to tell me that he see's a guy watching us and taking pic's and observing us for about 30 minutes. Turn's out to be a company that is new (3 years old and rookie managers) ( I know them). I will say this, Adam is an armchair arborist and a guy who thinks he's all that. I know the guy and felt like calling his boss ( I also know) and asking if he pay's a guy to watch us. They have been "buying job's" to keep their guy's busy and it must be draining to them. This company is barely 3 years old and I trained them both. Desperation is what I see. Two guy's start a company after I train them and then try to look for something on me to report? Idiot's. I wonder how long they will last even tho their Daddy's invested in their dream. Neither one has any climbing experience or knowledge of tree work. They are book smart and have the nicest hands you ever saw on a guy. Whew!, Thanks, had to say it as they are ' lurker's'. So, F-U Adam! Dope!
Good luck in your dismal future!
Jeff ;)

You need a hug, Jeffers? You sound a bit wound up.

You need a hug, Jeffers? You sound a bit wound up.

Nah, but thanks. Just irks me. Little young book smart punks that read books and think they are tree guy's. Adam is the guy that wanted to try to ascend a tree with a belay and he wrapped his rope around his hand and had a couple guys help belay. Yup, broke his hand. (crushed, actually). I know money is important but money is all they focus on. They do charity work and go to church, and that makes it ok. "Daddy, I want a tree company". OK son.
Jeff ;)
BTW, You are to far away to hug me.:laugh:

Nah, but thanks. Just irks me. Little young book smart punks that read books and think they are tree guy's. Adam is the guy that wanted to try to ascend a tree with a belay and he wrapped his rope around his hand and had a couple guys help belay. Yup, broke his hand. (crushed, actually). I know money is important but money is all they focus on. They do charity work and go to church, and that makes it ok. "Daddy, I want a tree company". OK son.
Jeff ;)
BTW, You are to far away to hug me.:laugh:

Don't worry, I got long arms. lol. I almost started a long gripe on booksmart tree guys on another thread earlier. Funny when you meet some of these guys in person. Nothin' but a bunch of fluff.

Don't worry, I got long arms. lol. I almost started a long gripe on booksmart tree guys on another thread earlier. Funny when you meet some of these guys in person. Nothin' but a bunch of fluff.

yeah but they gonna stick out like a sore thumb on here and we love playing that game.

nice picts mds.

Back