whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh dude?

He asked what should he spend all his loot on , and after reading several previous posts from aerial angina I thought a dictionary would be a worthwhile investment , WHY YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT , because its too damn hot to take any #### lately ...... Besides the SERVICE STAR can't take any more wheels on it and the Colorado already looks pretty pimp and he's got a Lambo so whats next .....

Last edited:
He asked what should he spend all his loot on , and after reading several previous posts from aerial angina I thought a dictionary would be a worthwhile investment , WHY YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT , because its too damn hot to take any #### lately ...... Besides the SERVICE STAR can't take any more wheels on it and the Colorado already looks pretty pimp and he's got a Lambo so whats next .....

I was thinking that the last thing we need is more words from this guy.. but fair enough.

I got a lambo too, its 1:18 scale. Lol. Anyone who has enough cash they earned, to buy a lambo, won't, not new anyway. Show me a scanned title, and a certificate from the buy, and I'll believe it, maybe.

I'll chip in for a dictionary though...

I was thinking that the last thing we need is more words from this guy.. but fair enough.

I like the guy he's a willing target and an easy one at that so whenever I feeling down I can just come watch some of his videos to laugh and feel better about myself .. So I don't mind him much at all ....

Well back to the topic at hand this morning we removed a dead ash , and replaced it with a swamp white oak , then we knocked a little cherry , than we worked for my neighbor getting paid to trim my trees overhanging his yard , which really sucked because there huge and hard to trim because there covered in ivy and lean out over his open yard which is almost 20ft. lower than mine .... So we boiled til 2pm and wrapped it up ...... I took some pics but last the ones I posted apparently sucked so I won't waste my or your time ....

Landed a dream job in Sewickley today...

After two days down because of the heat I did a small brush clearing job in the late afternoon. $600 for a couple of hours chipping a hillside of Sumac trees up. Still hot as hell though, even in the late afternoon.

What was really great was an evaluation I made after that in an extreemly wealthy part of Pittsburgh. Driving up his long private road I knew I was definitely in the right neighborhood. There were no neighbors, at least any you could see. Situated in a forrest of old growth trees, mostly Oak, the guy's mansion was old money, impecably maintained and landscaped.

Retired from the printing industry (he must have been printing money) the guy let it slip that he was a pilot and owned two airplanes, a Piper Cherokee Six (like a limo) and a more sporty Piper 140. I revealed that I was a commercially rated pilot and we talked flying more than trees.

It started to rain and he invited me into his palatial home and offered me a beer. More flying talk and eventually I moved the conversation back to his trees of which there was a forrest of mostly old growth Oak. Impossible to bid a job like that, I said I'd offer him my "estate rate" which was $600 for a six hour day cavorting through his trees. We shook on that and he said I could come whenever I liked if I needed to fill a gap in my work schedule, Winter time included. He said he'd give me the keys to his Kubota if I wanted to use it to move wood around. It has a front end loader on it. I can take whatever I want but could leave whatever I want as well, building an ecologically sound wildlife habitat for the numerous deer he has on his property.

So whenever I need to fill a gap in my work schedule I'll go visit Tom and hang out in his trees. He wants me to go flying with him, that should be a blast, I'll show him how to roll that limo with wings.

Last edited:
Did a really nice bid today. It's at a well known Historical home in Birmingham for a doctor. The house is on the historical register and has the historical landmark in the front. Would be a great job for me for the kind of clientele I am targeting... Hopefully it works out. There is one more to bid behind me but I gave a pretty good price. I love it. I'm going straight to the top in this town.

Good on you tree md ...

Did a really nice bid today. It's at a well known Historical home in Birmingham for a doctor. The house is on the historical register and has the historical landmark in the front. Would be a great job for me for the kind of clientele I am targeting... Hopefully it works out. There is one more to bid behind me but I gave a pretty good price. I love it. I'm going straight to the top in this town.

And I hope you get it. Getting a job with a prestigous account will help you gain more work with upscale clientele.

Heres mine ext cab long bed.View attachment 191599

Do you ever go to DMoines for work? I have one for ya, if ya do, lowest bid so far is 3g's, big tree next to house is all the info I have, local business owners sister, wanted to know if I had a connection over that way, couldnt remember how close you are.
let me know and I will get yo the info

Do you ever go to DMoines for work? I have one for ya, if ya do, lowest bid so far is 3g's, big tree next to house is all the info I have, local business owners sister, wanted to know if I had a connection over that way, couldnt remember how close you are.
let me know and I will get yo the info

I have worked DMoines its been a couple years. Dmoines is about 3 hours from me, Im three weeks back right now. The people that have called me from there I refer to Johns tree service. Me and his best climber did one and he was vary professional hes been with him 15 years. It would be awhile before I could get out there and probly cost a little more. I appreciate you thinking of me.

Wrenched on 95 Honda Civic for my friend most of today. Repaced upper ball joints when I should have saved myself the trouble and done the whole upper control arms. The really big PITA was replacing the windshield wiper motor and resetting the wipers, esp when I squirted myself in the eye with washer fluid. Car is 5 speed and fun to drive but I stopped using it to do estimates because of customer perception. Kept getting asked if I have a truck for treework. I roll up in my F350 crewcab longbed diesel and no question cept for the occasional "do you have a brush chipper?"

Going back down to Louisville next week for more work and more of those Buckeye Wings!!!

Sold a whole schit load of work today and in the last 3 days every big job I bid that I was disappointed in not getting.....came through. We are buried in high quality high dollah bidness. :rock:

Man work is easily to sell when you booked.

Some times its kinda weird, I will go and bid a bunch of stuff, weeks go by, then all of a sudden, I will get a bunch of calls, on the same day to go ahead, like a flood!
I am out an easy 6 weeks, maybe more, starting to sign a bunch of oak skips too! seems more and more are getting the word. Now I am getting to the point of hiring another climber again, not sure that I want too, but I need too, have been doing all myself again and the injuries are getting really pissed, so is my wife, I get home, shower, then drop!:cool2:

Aww man, we were just getting started over there!!

Looks like we lost a good amount of this thread too. Just when this site was starting to REEEEAAAALLLLLY suck, they found a way to make it worse. If they want good content, they need to kick off the posers like FTA and AA and quit busting the balls of guys like vet and OD. Lame.

Back