whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA! I told you timbs SUCK FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT RAP VIDEOS!!!!!! Get a pair of ASOLO's next time.

Once had a pair of Timbs, and I'm up in Vermont after a ski day, get back to take the ski boots off, put on the timbs, go off walking in the snow, and suddenly I'm wondering "what the f's this cold wet stuff? .... aww fek!" ... the soles were falling apart as I walked. Unbelievable after only a few years.

My present Caterpillars have 10 years and a zillion miles on them, but I kinda really messed 'em up in some post-Sandy work kicking a giant crowbar breaking up flooring, and am ready to have a backup for sawing and I'm looking for a good pair of steel toes.

Last edited:
Chiropractor

Killed some white pines. people really tend to hate those.

Question for the bad back guys. Any luck with chiropractors? Been having some pains lately, wife insists I see a chiro. It helps her, but she's a dental assistant so success for her doesn't necessarily translate to this job.

Chief: Yep, depending on whether you have spinal, hip, rib, or other dislocation, or misadjustments, for me it's always beneficial going! I'm sure there are some quacks out there, but mine has a number of treatments that help me limber up and feel great!:clap:

At least you're not in MA...... Women own your efing ass in this state when there is a split.

I am under the impression that Jersey and its no fault bs is the worst. No where else have I seen a woman do absolute wrong to her family and be rewarded heavily for it. I can only hope that things go well in the next hour.

HTML:
[QUOTE][/QUOTE]
I am under the impression that Jersey and its no fault bs is the worst. No where else have I seen a woman do absolute wrong to her family and be rewarded heavily for it. I can only hope that things go well in the next hour.

There is always a shovel and lime....

HTML:

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

One of my best friends is marrying this broad that actually has a top like the hooters girls have. It says "Gold digger" across the front. I guess maybe he figures she only has that as a gag or something. He bought her this hideous four carrot engagement ring. All a friend can do is shake his head and laugh. :laugh:

HTML:

I had a good bud in the USMC from NJ who got the royal shaft with his ex in court. He was allowed a few weeks a year in visitation, so she would go off to Aruba for a month, drop the daughter off with ol' Brud and his lady, then get 100% of the alimony/child support for the month in the sun.

Seemed like she was back in court every few months to get something more; him being the biker type did not help. When she found out he was getting hazard pay while deployed, she tried getting him penalized for not telling the court....:msp_ohmy:

My boots came back yesterday from getting re-soled at Viberg. They look like new.... Well almost.:)
Spent the morning (pouring rain) quoting a dozen jobs with a friend, who owns his own tree company. A few removals and a lot of pruning. We've worked quite a bit together last year.
Got the confirmation on a few of them, the rest I'll have to call tonight, when the homeowners are home.
We're supposed to get freezing rain tonight and maybe some snow. This season is a starting off late. Last year was early and we were already doing removals up north by the end of March. They are supposed to get 3-4" of snow tonight.:dizzy:

I had a good bud in the USMC from NJ who got the royal shaft with his ex in court. He was allowed a few weeks a year in visitation, so she would go off to Aruba for a month, drop the daughter off with ol' Brud and his lady, then get 100% of the alimony/child support for the month in the sun.

Seemed like she was back in court every few months to get something more; him being the biker type did not help. When she found out he was getting hazard pay while deployed, she tried getting him penalized for not telling the court....:msp_ohmy:

Sounds like he needs a better lawyer.............................

Or better aim.:hmm3grin2orange:

I woke up at 4:15 and got on the road to Lancaster by 5:30, I guess it was close to nine when we got to this monster of a tulip and I didn't want to be friends with Jared anymore. But he talked me into it by saying he was gonna buy me a candy bar if I went up there and hucked it down to where to could get at it with his 88 and the bucket truck cause lawd nose eyes waznt gonna be up there blocking down no 4 foot wide trunk.

This may not be the biggest tulip I have taken down but it was the biggest one in the tightest of quarters. I am a little tired from hauling that huge ass rope around that tree. We got it topped out with pulleys to where the crane could barely reach it; it was no fun watching the crane op max out his lift while still needing more. It was close and thank God it was a tulip cause anything else would have weighed to much.

Maybe Jared has some pics from today because those pics do not do this tree any justice. It did come down nice enough; I used about 1 tank of gas in my 20, two cuts with the 26, maybe 5 with the 44 and flushed the stump without gasing the 88 back up after 5 or 6 trunk picks with it.

Hey Dan, you took your photos down. Why ?

Couple pics from the last couple days. The tree was 36" diameter at the first branch, which was 55' off the ground.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

SRT Baby!

Iv been doing this big a## sycamore for the fire Captain up in mount baldy for years, but haven't climbed it in three years. It's huge. Normally we'll have three or four climber up there. The tree is infested with mistletoe. Lots of it is way out on the ends, and in the tip top. The tree has a weird shape from being topped many years ago. The branches growing from the old topping cuts are now 18in and 40 ft above them old cutsView attachment 289777View attachment 289778View attachment 289779 anyway today me and one other climber did the mistletoe removal. I did most of it by my self in about 5 hours using SRT. I not as fast as I was 3 years ago but the SRT made me shine in that tree and I was able to do what took 4 climber a long day to do in less time by my self today(OK me and one scared climber) I'm not patting my self on the back, I'm giving credit to the SRT Baby!

Latest posts

Back