whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy ####! Is that a spankin new Bandit chuck and duck!!?? And what the Hell is up with Pedro? Nice shirt, top button buttoned. What is Hell is that?

Anyway:

Black Oak - You want me to measure my chipper's axle to see how wide it is? Are you nuts? Come on man, I really don't have time for that but if you really need me too I guess I will.

What are you trying to do anyway? Its about as wide as a pickup truck. That help?

Anyway:

Sundays are always the toughest days. I am exhausted.

Little man dan, just measure from center of left tire to center of right tire, should be around 60 to 70inchs...be on the money, dont goof up:msp_rolleyes:...dont make me come over their lol

Thats the sort of work we do most of the time. It's all tight access residential, in the city. It's all over property, tiny little back yards, sometimes you can touch both sides of the yard with your hands at the same time. We've taken some trees out through houses, taken some out through elevators. Some of the town houses are only 12' wide. Seriously. There's no parking, tiny streets, one way streets, no room to stack. You've got to get creative. And you've got to put cones out a day or two before to secure space. Then stack where you can, and do drive by chippings 4 or 5 times to get the tree done ;-)

I look at the stuff you guys mostly seem to do stateside, and you just get so much access! Enormous yards! Minis! we've got to buck branches up to 3' lengths sometimes, just to get them out. Did a property clearance on a gum last week where the access was a foot wide. Two lower branches off, took us 3 hours to get the job done! 15 minutes climbing, and 2 and a half hours getting it out of there! Had to buck that stuff up to nothing, then kind of throw/pass it down the 1 foot wide side access that was 20 feet long.

Shaun

F-that! Time to make a little squirrel sized machine that starts out at the leaves and works its way back making sawdust as it goes!
I had to laugh at your "drive by chippings" comment... was thinking something else entirely. Ha Ha!

You guys found rain gear that actually holds up to tree work for more than a few use's? Please elaborate!

I got cabelas guide gor-tex bibs and jacket. I have had the same pair for 5 years. You gotta be a little careful while wearing them but them seem to hold up pretty good.

I got cabelas guide gor-tex bibs and jacket. I have had the same pair for 5 years. You gotta be a little careful while wearing them but them seem to hold up pretty good.

Thanx for the advice. Ive been using the carharrt stuff, which holds up ok, but its so heavy you get just as wet from sweat as if you werent wearing it at all. Ive been wanting to try that stuff the crab fishermen use, I cant spell it but its something like Grundholtz or something. That seems to hold up good in an abusive environment.

Thanx for the advice. Ive been using the carharrt stuff, which holds up ok, but its so heavy you get just as wet from sweat as if you werent wearing it at all. Ive been wanting to try that stuff the crab fishermen use, I cant spell it but its something like Grundholtz or something. That seems to hold up good in an abusive environment.

Stuff is made of rubber and doesn't breath worth ****

I try not to drop trees on my customers houses. Just saying. Lol

Yeah man, I wasnt trying to hit the house man , it just kinda rolled on the stump ( I think I cut into my box and took away some holding strength ) So then of course Ya cant just change the direction the tree is already falling in right? And Man my first big claim smashing the whole house, that really stunk man. :dizzy:

Yeah man, I wasnt trying to hit the house man , it just kinda rolled on the stump ( I think I cut into my box and took away some holding strength ) So then of course Ya cant just change the direction the tree is already falling in right? And Man my first big claim smashing the whole house, that really stunk man. :dizzy:

Shouldnt you be posting pics of smashing a customers house in 101? Got more balls than I do, nothing wrong with mistakes as long as you learn from them and nobody gets hurt.

You guys found rain gear that actually holds up to tree work for more than a few use's? Please elaborate!

Cabela's has different lines of rain gear. I've had one Guidewear set for 7 years. Just bought the new version of the jacket. Don't pay full price for it. It will go on sale at different times of the year. Also look at the gortex socks. They will keep your feet dry. If you wash and retreat the material, it will last you years. IMO.

Cabela's has different lines of rain gear. I've had one Guidewear set for 7 years. Just bought the new version of the jacket. Don't pay full price for it. It will go on sale at different times of the year. Also look at the gortex socks. They will keep your feet dry. If you wash and retreat the material, it will last you years. IMO.

I have the guide wear also

Shouldnt you be posting pics of smashing a customers house in 101? Got more balls than I do, nothing wrong with mistakes as long as you learn from them and nobody gets hurt.

Very cool, Hey I was being a wise ass kind of responding to 2treeornot2trees response to some pics. I had a storm damaged tree that fell on the house so I saw this site and topic whadja do today, so I thought to share some of my work. So 2tree saw the pics and wrote his comments I had to come back with that to stay in the happy zone. :msp_w00t: Nice of you to actually care and such. I wanted to respond to another one who saw some pics of the IRON MAIDEN show I went to man that was EPIC so I thought to share as well. Thought I might find some other Maiden Up the Irons Fans out here and yeah they still rock like the 80's I love the 80's! So how about it??? Any IRON MAIDEN Fans out there or what? :rockn:

I have the guide wear also

Man you guys spend a lot of money to be miserable toughing out the rain , my best rain gear is a bar and about half a case of beer ! I wouldn't spend 20 minutes in the kinda rain we had today nor would my customers wanting us tearing up there #### because we are too stubborn to know when enough is enough ! I envy that you guys love to tree work in the rain though ....

Little man dan, just measure from center of left tire to center of right tire, should be around 60 to 70inchs...be on the money, dont goof up:msp_rolleyes:...dont make me come over their lol

Sure, come on over... bring a tape measure with you.

I up to my eyeballs in it , I'll try to get the measurement soon, I did look in my manual but it didn't state axle width.

Whatever yer up to I not sure I wanna know but if you get to talking to people about whatever it is be sure to keep in mind that axle width is just that and WHEELBASE is the measurement from the front axle to the back axle. My chipper doesn't actually have a wheelbase because it only has one axle.

Anyway:

Was at my auto shop this morning with my wife's car. I would say its my friend's shop but that guy surely ain't no friend of mine and besides; Who needs friends anyway? Nah, strictly business but they let me fondle up on their tools and they know I know. Its always a pain in the ass, never under a few hundred, they make fun of me ( to my face and behind my back), and if I ever took my eye off of them who knows what them retards are liable to try.

I was thinking it was the timing chain but we messed around and found out it was just the serpentine belt tensioner.... well a 400 dollar serpentine belt tensioner. I would do it myself, its something I could handle but I would rather pay them and stand around "helping". Boy, I can see how things are gonna be when I get old. If these guys go out of business I don't know what I am gonna do... I mean am about ready to shoot pretty much anyone else who touches my car. Don't get me started.

The guy who owns the shop runs a clean operation. That means he charges me accordingly and doesn't say " have a seat in the waiting room'"... at least to me he don't. The Matco guy came in trying to sell but we just looked at him and thought, " Thank God we don't need no more ####ing tools" and felt bad for this schlepp driving around at 6 miles to the gallon with 100k in inventory. I hoped he'd find a dealership with a couple enthusiastic tech schoolers all hopped on buying a 400 dollar 3/8ths air ratchet. That'll break some bolts!

Anyway:

I have that scheduled for Weds. Tommorow I am headed off to The Wayniac's Shop so he can hammer a plow onto my Power Wagon... which my wife drove today... she is so cute driving that monster... almost as cute as me but you boys better keep yer ####'s in yer pants cause I ain't putting out fer you dirty bastards unless the money is right.

Anyway:

Hopefully The Wayniac can get it done pretty quick. This guy just might be crazier than me. His poor wife runs the office phones and whatnot, I know she got shellshock. The guy won't put my old plow frame on my Power Wagon because it will compromise the crumple zones. He was hollering at me about it. He told me he might need a couple days to get the plow on, I am wondering why I don't go out and weld the old plow frame on myself... well maybe not.

It might sound strange that I am doing this now but I need to be ready for winter. I have a plow ready for my tree truck but would really rather not drive that unless I needed too.

I dropped one of my bigger accounts due to liability. I don't have snow removal ins and I can just see some mommy in flip flops dropping off her kids at the daycare center suing me. Beside, they have been building over there lately and the whole place is a freaking mess. It was OK when my kid was enrolled I was just doing it for a couple bucks. They got mad at me when a "couple bucks" turned into a " whole lotta bucks" but I mean you get what you pay for and I doubt the scraper in there now has snow plow ins but he can deal with it now.

I am getting a real swank plow though. Don't want to spend the 2500, don't want to try to sell my old one but I am biting the bullet. I gotta say for 2500 this guy can't be beat. I really doubt he will pull and funny ####.

The Wayniac is actually a guy named Wayne who comes highly recommended. I haven't the nerve to #### with him as he seems a little high strung and very serious about everything and contests to his word. I am actually very serious about everything and contest to my word just as well... which is why I don't tell somebody I am coming to flatten their tires without actually doing it . Savvy? Boy you should have yer head checked, I'll do it for free.

Last edited:
Man you guys spend a lot of money to be miserable toughing out the rain , my best rain gear is a bar and about half a case of beer ! I wouldn't spend 20 minutes in the kinda rain we had today nor would my customers wanting us tearing up there #### because we are too stubborn to know when enough is enough ! I envy that you guys love to tree work in the rain though ....

Do you know what happens when a treeguy gets wet?

My answer:

I don't know and I ain't looking to find out.

But really, after awhile underneath the rain gear you end up sweating enough to make it just as wet. So if you are going out in the rain I say yer gonna get wet.

Its not that I get wet so much as it is everything else gets wet and how much more dangerous it is. I have no problem going out and doing storm work, getting myself and my equipment soaked as I am getting paid for it. Its the normal work that is that much more difficult to do in the rain that burns me. And if anyone wants to yap about people who say they made good money during a storm well I would just like to welcome them to Capitalist America and wish them to #### off. Hell, look around, half the people making money selling bull#### toys, the other half making making money on people's misfortunes and that's all there is.

I just buy cheap clothes. I have a pair of Old Navy plastic pants that I haven't washed in years and will repel rain just fine. 5 bucks. When I lean my saw against my leg and melt them I won't feel bad... but I do know that EMS sells waterproof iron on patches for 6 bucks.

Last time I worked in heavy rain I have stripped down to shorts... yoga pants actually !:msp_rolleyes:

Its a little bit flooded around here. If I didn't ache so much I take a boat out and try to kill myself but I have to much work to do for that kind of horse####.

I woke up today thinking how mad my wife would be if I took our chitlin out in the canoe. I even thought about her drowning. Got to play it safe at my age. But that moving water makes me wanna jump!

Anyway:

The name of the contractor in Phoenixville is Barry Cheddorain, he is drunker than I am and has been since 2 O'clock. That is the difference between him and me.

You can tell him I said so cause I believe in the" Stand Your Ground" deal and am just itching to flex it.

Last edited:
Had to Sloth climb out a leader over a fence and pool, was kinda fun, HO kids were trippin'. Could only stay there for a couple of minutes, blood rushing to the brain, so I flipped over and stood up on the branch, BIG NO NO. Just about passed out, had to sit there for a bit so everything went back in the right place, kinda like a welding tank after ya lay it on its side.
I'm tellin you guys, if you have not tried one of those Caterpillar cambium savers, ya gotta, thing is wonderful. Was in a ash with lots of super tight crotches, that thing takes care of that real quick. It does get in your way when bucking down a log and your tied in under your buck strap. But easy to get it out of there when ya need to.

hey springbeans, is it much of a pita trying to retrieve the Caterpillar after your weight has jammed down into a tight crotch?

Sure, come on over... bring a tape measure with you.

I up to my eyeballs in it , I'll try to get the measurement soon, I did look in my manual but it didn't state axle width.

Whatever yer up to I not sure I wanna know but if you get to talking to people about whatever it is be sure to keep in mind that axle width is just that and WHEELBASE is the measurement from the front axle to the back axle. My chipper doesn't actually have a wheelbase because it only has one axle.

Anyway:

Was at my auto shop this morning with my wife's car. I would say its my friend's shop but that guy surely ain't no friend of mine and besides; Who needs friends anyway? Nah, strictly business but they let me fondle up on their tools and they know I know. Its always a pain in the ass, never under a few hundred, they make fun of me ( to my face and behind my back), and if I ever took my eye off of them who knows what them retards are liable to try.

I was thinking it was the timing chain but we messed around and found out it was just the serpentine belt tensioner.... well a 400 dollar serpentine belt tensioner. I would do it myself, its something I could handle but I would rather pay them and stand around "helping". Boy, I can see how things are gonna be when I get old. If these guys go out of business I don't know what I am gonna do... I mean am about ready to shoot pretty much anyone else who touches my car. Don't get me started.

The guy who owns the shop runs a clean operation. That means he charges me accordingly and doesn't say " have a seat in the waiting room'"... at least to me he don't. The Matco guy came in trying to sell but we just looked at him and thought, " Thank God we don't need no more ####ing tools" and felt bad for this schlepp driving around at 6 miles to the gallon with 100k in inventory. I hoped he'd find a dealership with a couple enthusiastic tech schoolers all hopped on buying a 400 dollar 3/8ths air ratchet. That'll break some bolts!

Anyway:

I have that scheduled for Weds. Tommorow I am headed off to The Wayniac's Shop so he can hammer a plow onto my Power Wagon... which my wife drove today... she is so cute driving that monster... almost as cute as me but you boys better keep yer ####'s in yer pants cause I ain't putting out fer you dirty bastards unless the money is right.

Anyway:

Hopefully The Wayniac can get it done pretty quick. This guy just might be crazier than me. His poor wife runs the office phones and whatnot, I know she got shellshock. The guy won't put my old plow frame on my Power Wagon because it will compromise the crumple zones. He was hollering at me about it. He told me he might need a couple days to get the plow on, I am wondering why I don't go out and weld the old plow frame on myself... well maybe not.

It might sound strange that I am doing this now but I need to be ready for winter. I have a plow ready for my tree truck but would really rather not drive that unless I needed too.

I dropped one of my bigger accounts due to liability. I don't have snow removal ins and I can just see some mommy in flip flops dropping off her kids at the daycare center suing me. Beside, they have been building over there lately and the whole place is a freaking mess. It was OK when my kid was enrolled I was just doing it for a couple bucks. They got mad at me when a "couple bucks" turned into a " whole lotta bucks" but I mean you get what you pay for and I doubt the scraper in there now has snow plow ins but he can deal with it now.

I am getting a real swank plow though. Don't want to spend the 2500, don't want to try to sell my old one but I am biting the bullet. I gotta say for 2500 this guy can't be beat. I really doubt he will pull and funny ####.

The Wayniac is actually a guy named Wayne who comes highly recommended. I haven't the nerve to #### with him as he seems a little high strung and very serious about everything and contests to his word. I am actually very serious about everything and contest to my word just as well... which is why I don't tell somebody I am coming to flatten their tires without actually doing it . Savvy? Boy you should have yer head checked, I'll do it for free.

Is that the same Wayne from Perkiomen Performance? If so hes a really good guy who knows his stuff.

Latest posts

Back