whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY YOU BASTAGES!

Goin out to dump a big oak in one shot for a buddy. Thing is toast, so much so, that I expect it to explode into a million pieces when it hits. It has a back lean away from the LZ, just going to shoot a line, notch it and drop it. Da buddy has a shop on the river with 500ft of frontage. He asked how much, I asked if I could bring my boys down to fish, he said whenever ya want, make your self at home, so I told him I would do it for free. Private fishing spot, are ya kidding me! He is a super hi end wall and patio guy, sends me lots of work, so I would have done this for free anyhow, but I had to throw in the fishing thing! Now I just gotz to get sum dat good polluted Mississippi Catfish!

Planted 2 more apple and plum trees.
For fathers day, me thinks IZ gunza go get me dat Tactical Shotgun I have been eyeballing for a few weeks, ya know, for the zombie apocalypse. 10 round mag, red dot, pistol grip.

Happy Father's Day to youse two as well, Eddie & Beans.
Is raining here splendidly.

No Rest for the wicked. I have to be at the yard at 2:00 this afternoon for tomorrows job. Were convoying down to Newport beach for three days to do a land clearing job right on the bay. My expertise is needed so Im going too. Whats my main duty in this venture? They are short a driver. Oh well I take it where I can get it.
I'm loading my kayak on top of the crane. Maybe I'll take two kayaks. White seabass have been hitting pretty good and a friend of mine on the crew been wanting to go kayak fish. Wife is thinking its suspicious. She said,"why you loading up your boat and poles if your working?''.
We'll be staying at a hotel 100 yards from the water. I might offer to sleep in the truck to watch the equipment. Two of our temps are Policemen, great guys, father and son. I like every one on the crew. I feel like I'm going on vacation. The weather has been unbelievable down there. It's only 30 miles away from my house, but its like a different world there.$$$$$$$
I'll try to get some photos with eye candy in them to post.

Went and dumped the tree. Used a make shift fiddle block set up using my CMI SS blocks, some slings and biners to set it up. Busted out the I-Pad and took a vid of the set up, trying to explain what I did and why for the dudes down in 101, who think that u gotta tie it to a truck and use wedges every time ya dump something. They cant believe that ya don't need that stuff when felling, call it magic to dump a tree with out them,LOL! So I give a preachin on how to do it, then go back and watch it, I sound like a idiot, so there goes that idea! Bugger up the words and call things the wrong name! Go to cut and the tree is punky, so the saw was digging so fast that ya gotta hold it back, cut notch and then let fly. Hit so hard and exploded so much that you could just pull a truck up and start loading firewood. Caught it on vid from the side/behind the stump POV. So that vid didn't come out the greatest either. DAMN IT!
Oh yeah, when setting the bull rope, had to flip it over some branches, some where up to 6-7" dia, would get the rope up on the back side of them and yank real hard, popping off the whole branch! Bet we could have smacked that tree hard with a backhoe and half the thing would have come down, so when cutting it, I was pretty nervous about getting knocked out by a chunk busting loose while under it. Not a good feeling to have. Fun for a Sunday morning tho!

Been super busy the last month. Hardly anytime to post, but I still check in occasionally.
Sold the BMG a few weeks ago to a buddy and sold the Thomas 25g last Friday. (was only listed for 4 days). The Vermeer s600tx is amazing. Very happy with it.

Took the weekend off to spend with the family. Did nothing. It was difficult, but I promised them I wouldn't work on anything.

Taking the next two days off to work on various projects. Pick-up and dump trailer need their annual safeties, chipper needs a new throttle linkage and the knives changed, the wife's car requires a new window regulator and I have a ton of stuff to get done around the house.

Haha,, Just to make it clear, San Diego is not infested,,lol,,,My Dad brought us out here in 1975 from New Smyrna Beach,Florida.
That was a year when then moon was going to raise the oceans and my Dad thought Florida was going to be underwater. Really.
Anyway, back there I got everything thing there was to get. I used to rub poison oak on me to get out of going to school. My Dad was a machinist and we lived all thru the NASA Mercury, Gemini, Apollo program's with the windows on our trailer in the swamp shaking till they almost broke. All those satellite's, they shook too.
I can not name all the different bites I got living there. Rattlesnake, spiders, etc,,,
Anyway, the moral of the story is Scorpion bites are better than throwing your cat out of the car window on the freeway to California.
Jeff ;)
ps,,i feel better,,Jeff

Gee, when you actually say more than 5 words you kinda come off like a lunatic as you sound no crazier than The Dan.

Seriously, isn't there an ocean over there that could rise just the same? Did he think it would be better to die in an earthquake over drowning? Do you miss yer cat? Meow!

Anyway:

600 DOLLARS BEFORE LUNCH! Boy, you tell the wrong person that and he will grab his Wild Thing, hook his team of Mexicans to his trailer and be off and running in hopes of winning those big bucks without waiting to hear the rest of the story which is the important part.

I just got back from removing a small elm. I was able to dig out a rose bush, hook it to the Power Wagon to tug it over then back my chipper up to it to run it through. I even put a tarp down to catch the dust as I was bucking the log.

I was supposed to grind the stump for another buck fifty but there were so many marks from the utility finders ( PA-1) that I couldn't. The gas line ran right through the stump.

I must have been the low bidder cause these are new clients. Even so, I was able to do the job myself for what seemed to me to be a decent enough price.

I think we all do need a new bidding strategy. Like we all show up at the same time to bid the job , someone brings a big wheel with numbers on it, and each bidder gets a spin. Or maybe each guy just has his own wheel and does a confidential bid? To me that seems to be the fairest and the most comprehensive way.

So I am off to dump this small load of elm logs up by the firewood pile and then wersh my truck so I can see out the winders.

I ran into John Westerman at the pool yesterday, it was about a minute before he got onto his " everybody is on smack" spiel to which I replied " John, that is why I work by myself."

Last edited:
Gee, when you actually say more than 5 words you kinda come off like a lunatic as you sound no crazier than The Dan.

Seriously, isn't there an ocean over there that could rise just the same? Did he think it would be better to die in an earthquake over drowning? Do you miss yer cat? Meow!

Anyway:

600 DOLLARS BEFORE LUNCH! Boy, you tell the wrong person that and he will grab his Wild Thing, hook his team of Mexicans to his trailer and be off and running in hopes of winning those big bucks without waiting to hear the rest of the story which is the important part.

I just got back from removing a small elm. I was able to dig out a rose bush, hook it to the Power Wagon to tug it over then back my chipper up to it to run it through. I even put a tarp down to catch the dust as I was bucking the log.

I was supposed to grind the stump for another buck fifty but there were so many marks from the utility finders ( PA-1) that I couldn't. The gas line ran right through the stump.

I must have been the low bidder cause these are new clients. Even so, I was able to do the job myself for what seemed to me to be a decent enough price.

I think we all do need a new bidding strategy. Like we all show up at the same time to bid the job , someone brings a big wheel with numbers on it, and each bidder gets a spin. Or maybe each guy just has his own wheel and does a confidential bid? To me that seems to be the fairest and the most comprehensive way.

So I am off to dump this small load of elm logs up by the firewood pile and then wersh my truck so I can see out the winders.

I ran into John Westerman at the pool yesterday, it was about a minute before he got onto his " everybody is on smack" spiel to which I replied " John, that is why I work by myself."

L
o
w
b
a
l
l
e
r
:poke:

I am truly beginning to think that Poison Ivy was put on this good earth to test my resolve....

and stupid idiot groundies to just p--- me the f--- off!!!!

Nothing of note in upstate ny. Just plugging on through. Got some nice jobs booked out a ways but have been dinking around with trim work for the most part. Got about 8 hours of hedgework lined up for tomorrow. Whatever, pays the bills. #### you guys lucky enough to be slammin out the nasties.

Nothing of note in upstate ny. Just plugging on through. Got some nice jobs booked out a ways but have been dinking around with trim work for the most part. Got about 8 hours of hedgework lined up for tomorrow. Whatever, pays the bills. #### you guys lucky enough to be slammin out the nasties.

I ain't swamped eiver but I am still living the dream , this weekend I drank enough alcohol to stay drunk from Friday nite til yesterday around 4pm , played ball tanked passed out briefly In the dugout played kick ball with strippers and broke a toe .

I ain't swamped eiver but I am still living the dream , this weekend I drank enough alcohol to stay drunk from Friday nite til yesterday around 4pm , played ball tanked passed out briefly In the dugout played kick ball with strippers and broke a toe .

Those would be cool pic's!
Got pic's??
Jeff :msp_biggrin:

Latest posts

Back