whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ut on Monday with plow and salt serving clients who need my services when there is an inch of snow on their driveways, need being the key word. Didn't do the full list by any means but still was business which is what I do. Tied up a big arb, pulled it back off the road so you could see coming out the drive. I heard the road plow coming and dove behind the tree which was buffeted by the wind from the thing.

So it was all well and good having a pretty good day, took four milk cartons of infected red oak up to Peabody and put them next to his stove to stink up. I forgot the thing that killed the tree, some disease I forgot it name, makes the bark grey , sap smell really pungent and turns older oak trees into firewood. He loves the milk cartons full of firewood and it make for easy delivery. He's 75 and a real kicker, used to play with the Rolling Stones at the Steel Pier. After I dropped the wood and cleared his 1/2 mile long, steep windy drive so he could get his Focus out I fed Flip and Rolly, the two penis draggin skwerels I have been nursing for a the last few days, then smoked a joint. They don't have their eyes open quite yet, they were crawling up on the dashboard sucking heat from the defroster lovin it.

Had a Jeff Lovstrom day today; you know - a beautiful day. At the the end I saw some jackwagon driving down the road with the lock pin for his pintle hanging from its chain and really did wonder how anybody who could drive such a truck could be so careless. ****ing jerk, ought to be written up. Well, it sure wasn't my lock pin dangling from its chain like that. I don't write people up for that. I scream at them.

I have been looking at property to buy and have found some things. As well as a new loader which I will post pics and gloat over. I can't wait to dig some holes and plant trees where we have been removing them all over. Luckily, this winter provided an easy fluid pace and a solid booking of work. Someone said to me today that he met a company from Vermont working down here sucking up our work. I said that it wasn't my work being sucked up. I have my client list locked up tighter than a 12 year old ( yeah I said that- but 12 year old what? ) and if you want to get on it I will get to you shortly and on my time, yer dime. I am just havin a ball.

Supposed to go up to Lancaster to really have some fun with those two lovable ****toons 2Tree and 101 from Jersey. Even though I rarely sleep and work my ass off doing God only knows I should be able to Wraptor up whatever and get it on the ground without to much trouble. I usually can hammer pretty much anything out with a 200 and 260 to where it can be handled with a bucket or by dropping somehow. We are good, trust me.

There was some talk of Blakes even coming which would be cool though I would think he would be busy enough himself. Alls I know is that I ain't dragging nothing, just to put it on the ground, you have machines to handle it then.
Can't make the great journey south this time. Seems like as soon as I make a plan to head out of town for a couple days my phone starts ringing. Gonna make a go of it next week. **** this winter, **** it all, **** your mother and the ****ing horse she rode in on.

Never mind, your mom and her horse are cool. But I stand by "**** this winter".

Man you sound like you need a release ! I don't know what you said! Heard a lot of cursing and assumed you had been drinking and thinking about wrapping yer nuts around some money making takedowns getting yerself a lil werked up. Well, that's good, just don't get to deep into the bottle, I guess I will be allright as long as those two hens don't chat and giggle my ears silly and we get some work done for what I am going to charge.

Going to be nice with the Wraptor , looking forward to it.

I

I've worked my arse off since the ice storm hit late December ! My spring present to myself ! Lol.... Been commuting down to the city for the last month and my other trucks getting tired.

Yeah, I think my Power Wagon feels a little in the loins but its a truck and will be a truck. Took a little damage- a factory fog light got ripped out of the bumper, broken rear hatch glass on cap, bent tailpipe, loud muffler, a few new buff-able scraped, etc. New truck too! Damn! I took out the rocker cover cover, lifted the rug and have been keeping dry towel under there to sop up the water and salt. Mainly on the driver's side, this is something one should do to prolong the longevity of a work truck. Look for spots where things don't dry and so something to dry it. Come spring I am power washing the chassis and coating it in oil.

Can't make the great journey south this time. Seems like as soon as I make a plan to head out of town for a couple days my phone starts ringing. Gonna make a go of it next week. **** this winter, **** it all, **** your mother and the ****ing horse she rode in on.

I agree! Enough of the ******** with this winter. I am firing up Monday as well. Can't sit around any longer or I will be jumping a plane south again. Got annual boom inspection done last month on bucket truck, it has all new filters and fluids and is greased ready to rock, chipper has all new fluids and filters, knives, flipped the bed knife, geased etc. chip truck, stumpers and skid steer have all new fluids, filters and are greased etc. took all saws apart, cleaned them, sharpened etc. Myself and the guys spent a couple days with my safety consultant up dating chainsaw operator certificates, fall arrest, whmis, chipper safety, Ariel work device, traffic control, first aid/ CPR tickets etc. I am just about out of things to do around the shop. I have a dozen stumps to blast out for the municipality along the road side that got covered in snow before we could get to them in December. Locates are in but will probably have to get them done again. Got about 3 weeks of work lined up, just waiting for the snow to melt so we can do a proper clean up on the job and not have to wear snow shoes while dragging brush!

Weather forecast up here indicates the snow ain't gonna do much melting for the foreseeable future. :(

Yummy........
Today, 19 March
Snow at times mixed with ice pellets and freezing rain changing to rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h. High plus 3.
Tonight, 19 March
Rain changing to snow before morning. Low minus 1.
Thursday, 20 March
Periods of snow. Amount 5 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late in the morning. High zero.
Friday, 21 March
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 7. High plus 1.
Saturday, 22 March
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of snow. Low minus 5. High zero.
Sunday, 23 March
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 14. High minus 7.
Monday, 24 March
Sunny. Low minus 19. High minus 5.
Tuesday, 25 March
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 16. High minus 5.

Yummy........
Today, 19 March
Snow at times mixed with ice pellets and freezing rain changing to rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind southeast 30 km/h. High plus 3.
Tonight, 19 March
Rain changing to snow before morning. Low minus 1.
Thursday, 20 March
Periods of snow. Amount 5 cm. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late in the morning. High zero.
Friday, 21 March
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 7. High plus 1.
Saturday, 22 March
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of snow. Low minus 5. High zero.
Sunday, 23 March
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 14. High minus 7.
Monday, 24 March
Sunny. Low minus 19. High minus 5.
Tuesday, 25 March
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 16. High minus 5.

I was in a good mood until you posted that!! Lol if this **** is gonna drag on it better be +20 in November still!

Latest posts

Back