What are your thoughts on the Husqvarna 365?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to run and cut good, but it is idling too high. It is idling at about 3400 rpms and I do not think it is due to an air leak. If I remove the air filter and push on the throttle rocker, it will drop down to around 2700 rpms. Any thoughts? Binding throttle cable or linkage

I also noticed that the kill switch does not work. I know that I can use the choke to kill it, but want to fix the switch right. Are these readily available and easy to change? Yes

The other thing is the top lever that you have to depress before you can squeeze the throttle revs the saw when you push it down without squeezing the throttle trigger. What gives? See the first question [/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That is what I figured, but it feels smooth and not grabby. When I inspected it, I do not see anything wrong.

One of Husqvarna's most underrated saws, no doubt about it. Long production run, tons of used parts and AM parts out there. I personally would never spend much money to bolt on a 372 cylinder. One of the best running sub 75cc saws I ever ran, was a 365 (ported) with the 65cc jug. Heck, it STOMPED a 385 in the same wood (+20").
Good luck with it, they are goodin's.
I don't know what got your 365 STOMPING your 385, but I would guess your 385 was out of gas or the chain was on backwards. I have a 365 xt ported and converted to 371 by Mastermind. It is a very strong saw. It can not out cut a 385 ported by Terry Landrum. Two completely different animals. The 385 will run full comp 3/8 36" and keep the oil flowing while buried in hardwood.

I don't know what got your 365 STOMPING your 385, but I would guess your 385 was out of gas or the chain was on backwards. I have a 365 xt ported and converted to 371 by Mastermind. It is a very strong saw. It can not out cut a 385 ported by Terry Landrum. Two completely different animals. The 385 will run full comp 3/8 36" and keep the oil flowing while buried in hardwood.

Who said either saw was mine? When did I say the 385 was ported (it was stock)? I stand by what I said, but thanks for the wise ass remark anyway.

[QUOTE="but thanks for the wise ass remark anyway.[/QUOTE]
Any time.:)

Seems to run and cut good, but it is idling too high. It is idling at about 3400 rpms and I do not think it is due to an air leak. If I remove the air filter and push on the throttle rocker, it will drop down to around 2700 rpms. Any thoughts? Binding throttle cable or linkage

I also noticed that the kill switch does not work. I know that I can use the choke to kill it, but want to fix the switch right. Are these readily available and easy to change? Yes

The other thing is the top lever that you have to depress before you can squeeze the throttle revs the saw when you push it down without squeezing the throttle trigger. What gives? See the first question
[/QUOTE]

That is what I figured, but it feels smooth and not grabby. When I inspected it, I do not see anything wrong.[/QUOTE]

Check where the throttle cable's plastic sheath attaches (goes into) to the plastic part of the throttle assembly on the tank. If that makes sense, hard to explain without a picture...
I've seen the plastic sheath pop out of there, and the end rides up where it should be stuck into. Also check the cable for holes worn into the sheath, usually underneath by the fuel tank.

I am looking around for another saw and I read here in this thread about the wonders of the 365. I also read about so called "fake" 365's that are out there in the great beyond.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...456727407?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item338fd97d6f

Is this considered a fake? New with a price of $669.99! Heck, there is a Stiihl 056 that appears to be in great condition with an asking price of over $1000 and that saw has not been made in over 20-25 years.

Surely, there seems like greater bang for your bucks with a Husky than sticking with a Stihl. I am going to give some more thought on what I want to purchase.

Foggy

I could be wrong, but I think the "fake" models were the older 365-372 series saws from the late 90's.

What you are looking at is the newer 365 X-torq series, so you should be good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I am looking around for another saw and I read here in this thread about the wonders of the 365. I also read about so called "fake" 365's that are out there in the great beyond.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-3...456727407?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item338fd97d6f

Is this considered a fake? New with a price of $669.99! Heck, there is a Stiihl 056 that appears to be in great condition with an asking price of over $1000 and that saw has not been made in over 20-25 years.

Surely, there seems like greater bang for your bucks with a Husky than sticking with a Stihl. I am going to give some more thought on what I want to purchase.

Foggy
This saw is not a fake. It is a 365 X-Torq which is actually a 372 with the baffled transfer covers.

What max rpm would you recommend setting the saw too?

Would it be 13,500-13,800?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back