What brand of 2 stroke oil are you using ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of 2 stroke oil are you using ?

• Echo Red Armour

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Stihl premium 2-stroke oil

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Motomaster 2 stroke oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Echo Power blend 2 stroke oil

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Trufuel 50:1

• Trufuel 40:1

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Stihl motomix

• Other

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
holeycow

holeycow

Dirt, Air, Water, Sun; Seeds.
. AS Supporting Member.
What brand was showing the carbon.
I forget. Sad, I know.

I just mixed up a couple of 5 gallon cans or so and tossed the container and voila! History. Rejected data. Done. Oops. If it comes back to me I will post it here. I kinda want to know myself. :oops:
could have been yamalube, castrol, or maybe something else. I was using up "old stock"...

ladnar

ladnar

ArboristSite Member
Well I am searching for alternative 2cycle oils, I used Opti2 2 for years in everything (no problems) Husqvarna, Homelite and now Stihl HP, anybody know anything about or used Motul 800 for a chainsaw?

sand sock

sand sock

ArboristSite Operative
I have run stihl 50:1 almost exclusively orange bottle then the silver bottle. I have tried husqvarna 50:1.
I'm pretty anal over being exact on measuring gas mix. I rinse the bottles and error to the side of just shy on gas.

My dad mixed up a tank and burned up a saw of mine . i dont rememer the exact mess up. Maybe 1 gal mix to 1.5 to 2 gal. Since then i keep the mix tanks filled and labled. Saws are expensive and proper gas mix is dirt cheap.

ShermanC

ShermanC

ArboristSite Operative
Mountain View, AR 2-1/2 hours north of Little Rock
Almost all threads about 2 stroke oils you use are outdated that's why decide to update. Need this information to understand which oils are most used in 2 stroke handhelds to test on my device, yesterday analyzer ran out of memory had to optimise the code. Last option will be to drop accuracy to 10:1 increments which will give me more room to maneuver i.e. from 30:1 all the way up to 55:1 but with 10:1 increments up to 50:1 then 5:1 increment to 55:1. And transitions i.e. below 30:1, 30-40:1, 40-50:1,50-55:1 and above 55:1. Thanks for your participation in the poll.
I use STIHL Ultra Premium

ladnar

ladnar

ArboristSite Member
I have read this thread and asked some questions, I have a new question, anyone know anything about Echo 2 stroke oil? Red Armor or Power Blend Gold? Any experience? Good or Bad.
Thank you

Ted Jenkins
I would bet more saws are injured by too lean of a mix than by what brand of mix they use.....
I would bet Barnie is correct. About twenty or thirty years ago when i was racing dirt bikes I could get Maxima M pretty much free so I always had a five gallon bucket of it. When that ran out I got Lucas Oil free and then that ran out and finally I got Yamalube free. Well I used the last of that two or three years ago and bought Walmart Supertech. I can not tell the difference at all. Since I have not had any engine failures in fifteen hundred cords of wood I think that my oil combination is usable. As long as the stuff is slippery it should work fine. Thanks

Latest posts