What brand sharpener is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't look real good!

I have an Oregon one and from experience I can say that you'll have it running for hours so cooling on the moter is important.

Mine also has a light so you can see the chain better.

And vibration and balance is real important.

And there doesn't appear to be a nice handle on the front to use, it looks like your left hand has to move it up and down on the motor. :dizzy:

It looks like junk to me.

It is what Harbor Freight Tool Company sells for $65, so with shipping, about the same. I have not looked at one, but I hear that they are chinese junk.
I would recommend you invest the bucks for a Efco/Oregon grinder.

Its garbage, I gave one a try and have gone back to a file now. The thing didnt last at all, to much play in it. Besides with that guys track record I wouldn't want to buy from him.

Got a reply back from the seller about shipping, as in I don't want to cross border with UPS. They want ten dollars extra to ship post office, as in airmail. Puts shipping up to 39.99, plus at least another 15% on this side of the border and 5 bucks for the post office to clear it through customs. Tack on the exchange rate too! Between that and what I'm reading here, I'll pass.

If the thing was tight, it might be worth a try for someone just sharpening his own. With the feedback I'm seeing here, why bother?

Back