What chainsaws do you have (or, why are you here?)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only saw that runs at the moment is my craftsman (49cc I believe), but I have a homelite xl850 that I'm pretty sure will finally run after I get the fuel tank sealed up(it leaks out the seam between the case halves as fast as I can pour it in) and an 031av that has no spark that I haven't really had the time to tear into yet.

I'm hoping to get the homelite up and stick a 25" or so bar on it because I don't need a big saw that often, and I'm not sure what bar I'll put on the stihl, I believe it has a 20" bar on it now.

I came here because I got interested in saws a bit and I wanted to get the homelite running because it's been in the family since it was new. The forum has been a great help for that.

It"s kind of nice being around people who you feel like are on the same team. Even members with many 1000"s of post will try to help newbie and uniformed. One Echo and Four Stilhs all run great. Just one more, I mean it, only one.

I own my signature line, plus use MS390, MS441 or MS440, depending on what engine I might be on or which saw I take on fire assignments.

As to why I'm here.... learning! I have picked up a great deal of knowledge just reading posts! Thanks to all, the experienced for sharing and the inexperienced for asking, which brings out the experienced sharing!

For right now, I only have a MS460. Already making Near future plans for a MS261, and a 2 saw plan should be all I need. I do have a mild form of cad, but nothing like what some here have.
I ventured over here from forestry forum when I was looking for info for a saw. Forestry forum is rich in info pertaining to owb's, but I had a hard time finding and getting info when I was looking for my first major saw purchase.
I'm just a firewood hack- and a very novice one at that- but I love going out and cutting. It's a major stress reliever as well as a workout- and most of the time I prefer spending my time outside cutting than sitting inside in front of the tube.
Edit: I did forget I have a 42cc craftsman with an 18" bar that I started my wood cutting career with- I don't use it as much anymore but I do drag it out for limping when the 460 gets too heavy to swing. It does the job, but it sure doesn't run like a stihl.

Adam

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back