What do you call yourself???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah....
Sure you don't....
I'll see you in Grantsburg next week... Sharpen that chain!!!
Then Jasper AR next fall Steve...
:msp_wink:

What am I gonna need a chain for? I'm just gonna hang with Jon at the bar...

Don't forget Iowa in between.

What am I gonna need a chain for? I'm just gonna hang with Jon at the bar...
What about the old magnesium race??? Big Homelite's time to shine baby!!!!

Don't forget Iowa in between.

Oops... Forgot about that one...
And the Burnett Co. Fair in August...

Last edited:
"normal"...but then again, it's what I grew up with

the process is called "making wood"...I'm training myself to say "cutting firewood" though...

In all seriousness, I use a few terms to describe myself and others like me.

Firewooder. I guess if I ever moved to New England, I'd start calling myself a woodbooga.

Firewood junkie - you know you fit into this category when you realize that you're not being a safe vehicle operator because you keep getting distracted by wood (dead standing, blowdowns, deadfall, tree cutting in process, wood stacks, etc.).

Tree junkie - I think trees are interesting, and I like to share my appreciation of them with others. I've been known to talk about nearby trees and point out their various interesting aspects-- TreePointing, LOL!

Not Lazy. Try to streamline the operation as much as possible over the years though. I guess it's a work smarter , not harder thing. 7 years ahead on wood supply for 2 homes and it's a nice problem to have.

I've always said, I rather pay a German for a saw and an American for a Boiler. I'll Throw an Arab or Texan a bone for a little fuel rather than pay for his child's college fund. It's a nice WARM, feeling. ;)

Latest posts

Back