What do you do thanksgiving morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far listen to my wife chat on the phone with her sil for about an hour. Also our 17th wedding aniv. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.:cheers:

At work, stressed out dealing with problems and conference calls from Ireland to India... I need a new line of work and less bills. At least no one is shooting at me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

2Door

Leave the house around noon for the 45 min. drive to the parents house.

Get the feast set up, grab a bite and then drive an hour to go look at a job.

11 Bradford pears, 4 Holly trees, 1 small Oak tree and 21 Leland Cyprus
It's a contract job for a ROW clearance company, just drop them and leave'em.

Then back to the parents for more of the feast. :cheers:

Still the same plans, but it's 10:35 and I haven't done squat yet! haha

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :greenchainsaw:

Well I got up early after a late night of washing my new free 024 in the kitchen sink:) Wife was a little pissy about the saw dust left on the counter were I didn't see to clean up:) 7:30 this morning I went down to the neighbor/buddies house and tore the carb off the 024 and put one of his 024 carbs on it and it ran fine, so I tore the carb down and blew it out and reassembled it and took it ot the wood:) Now, the wife had to work from 11:00am to 2:00pm so I have cooking the turkey duty, every half hour I have to baste the damn thing and make sure it doesn't burn, God I hate cooking:cheers:

Benn hunting with my dad for so many years on Thanksgiving morning that I wouldn't know what else to do.

I slept until noon, now I'm going to go EAT!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I slept until noon, now I'm going to go EAT!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

glad you having a good day i know im not already 2:27 been not feeling well at all today not sick or anything just am hurt inside by some peoples comments in the politic forum and also no orders came in in the last few days matt i wish i knew where to find people in this world that own homelite saws and mcculloch saws and poulan saws that would be more than willing to use me as there parts center wish people were as tender hearted as i am

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!
We're already at my parents and just ate. Before we left this was the checklist: chainsaw, chaps, premix, bar oil, scrench, fast tach, small screw driver, carlton file o plate, file, baked beans, apple pie.:chainsaw: :cheers:
attachment.php

Cut wood

Took the day off elk hunting. Normally sit around watching football but my grandaughter has set up camp in front of the TV so Idecided to get a load of wood. Took a whack at a big Fir log but I had more log than I had bar with me so I downsized and cut up a load of smaller stuff.
Felt kind of overarmed whacking up a 16" Alder with the 757.

Slept late.
Split a rick of wood until I broke a bolt in the splitter.
Bucked up some ash logs with a variety of chainsaws just to "stretch their legs".
Surfed AS
Drank coffee
Enjoyed LIFE!!!!

Mike

My plans changed...

I was asked "what are you doing this morning? My defenses were down... and I stupidly told the truth... "I have a couple or saws to tune up and a log to cut up..".. I got "the look"....

1) "The washing machine is broken" - true, but I can't get parts today (whew..). "but it was broken yesterday". Damn, she's quick today...

2) The cat needs a ramp to get into her dirt box (long story, but she's 21.6 years old, has had two recent strokes, and is in her last few days...). Built that... Wife is impressed, cat isn't.

3) ... and just in time my buddy turns up at the door with two parts he "needs" machined for his snowmobile... Off to the shop... I did hear a veilded threat that if I didn't surface in time for a shower before dinner...

attachment.php

Damn, I'm hungry ....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back