What do you think about lettering my truck this way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My, my...lots of attitude.....I like it!!

as far as your avatar goes & that being you.............good for you!

I went to the gloves too & won!!......I use to hit like the Hulk on a bad day!! guess what?.........always someone tougher!!, one should be careful their big mouth doesnt write a check their but cant cash.

other than that good luck, be safe & take care your other half loves you!

LXT............

Hey Tko

My cousin started out in a dodge pickup running his ars off. can't say that it looked that bad but he had one truck and now..holy hell..I couldn't tell you what he has. Has anyone here looked at the local utility( telephone, power, gas, and water) company trucks. I work for a local phone company and we are not allotted time or products to wash and clean our trucks. For the first 3 years I had customers comment on my service van..How crappy it looked..the front bumper was held on with lashing wire..wtf..but all in all.. I did the best job I could do..I looked each and every customer in the eye...I shook the hands of the people that weren't in too much of a hurry... Do good work for a good price and everyone is happy. The most important thing is..Can you sleep at night? If you can and run old equipment and cut customers a better deal because of it. My hat is off to you. I would rather cut my rate and run a job for a less fortunate person than have some rich pants mo-fo give me the runaround after the job is done. I found that the less fortunate people are the only ones that give you all that you give them. Best of Luck.

Don't forget changing light bulbs...hanging x-mas lights...cleaning gutters...shearing hedges..

I'm sorry but, is this for real?? Its like the other guy with the fifty footer that he picked up for six grand! I mean if your that desperate wouldn't it make sense to REALLY learn to climb instead?? And before you even say anything, yes I know you cant climb for s#1t! How? because no self respecting climber would be seen with that piece!

"oh my God, look what they've Dunn to that tree!" lol

ben1.jpg

Yeah, that's vintage. 400 dollar chevy. sure I put the rocker panels on and rebuilt the stuff that makes it go. ( It did go real nice), I never painted the junk yard drivers door, it was brown.

My, my...lots of attitude.....I like it!!

as far as your avatar goes & that being you.............good for you!

I went to the gloves too & won!!......I use to hit like the Hulk on a bad day!! guess what?.........always someone tougher!!, one should be careful their big mouth doesnt write a check their but cant cash.

other than that good luck, be safe & take care your other half loves you!

LXT............

safety is always my number one priority. I have two very important reasons for being safe. and then of course my other half aint to bad of a reason either, But now shes is more like a quarter of me. I still love her and all but I don't think I could love anyone as much as them.

I definetly know there is always someone tougher I grew up a good portion of my child hood in childrens homes. But that part of my life definetaly took me near the top of the heap as far as toughness goes.

Last edited:
safety is always my number one priority. I have two very important reasons for being safe. and then of course my other half aint to bad of a reason either, But now shes is more like a quarter of me. I still love her and all but I don't think I could love anyone as much as them.

I definetly know there is always someone tougher I grew up a good portion of my child hood in childrens homes. But that part of my life definetaly took me near the top of the heap as far as toughness goes.

that's good. Stay on top of the safety stuff, tons of guys around here have old trucks, they are the best. You paint a tree truck with a brush and in a week you can't tell cause of the dust and mold growing out of it, on it and in it.

perfect for doing hegdes. maybe shaping ornamental tree's with it but if you are going after takedowns with that thing.....

cmon.

the thing would be in the way the whole time.

do you get yourself up to the first branch and then have the helper drive out the way?

If i were you i would not put any information on the truck at all. Not all advertising is Good advertising. Run the truck incognito, make some money with it pruning hedges, and topping bradford pears etc. Save a little money from every job you get and put it towards a more appropriate and Safer truck. The sooner the better....

Good advise, name and number is all you need, so the drive by can get it when they want to call.

Font should be large enough so that the neighbors can read it across the street.

Maybe the URL under the name the rest is good as an after thought. Maybe as a bumper sign, you want the truck as your main advertising, so the phone number is more important than anything else

+1 :clap: go make more money with that bucket!:clap:

it is not like this is the truck I will be driving to estimates.

I usually drive this one sometimes one of the other two, or the SUV.

I would like to get one that is like this one that is logo'ed for the tree service but what I have now works fine.

Not bashing, not taking sides, just throwing my two cents in. I support my family and the families of my employees by doing dangerous, risky, technical and hard work. The only way we can support all of these people is by being one of the most expensive around. The only way I can be one of the most expensive is by doing an excellent job EVERY time. Excellent job starts with a professional phone call, followed with a professional visit (in a clean truck, clean shaven, uniform, ect.) If we are awarded the job, we show up in clean trucks, everyone in uniform, newer equipment, no leaks on the driveway, no, "sorry about the fence", clear and professional comunications throughout the workday ("Clear?", "All clear"), ect. Our clean-up goal is to make it look like we were never there except the missing tree(s). Yada, Yada, Yada.

Showing up to the job in that piece of crap will not help to grow your business.

Not showing up to a job at all or showing up with no equipment would be worse. Come on, we all have to start somewhere with something.

Hes starting small and cheap, getting a foot in and working up from there. In the current climate buying all new gear could sink him, and being the more expensive company could be your downfall. Who knows. Most of us do dangerous, risky, technical and hard work with good gear and uniforms, we dont all have to charge the most to do it either.

With the economy the way it is,his old truck makes sense.A lot of the reason this country is in trouble is because too many ppl buy beyond there means to repay. What good is a new bucket truck if you cant afford to pay for it.

I got in on this late but the thought of that little old cable TV unit pulling up to do a take down is too much. What is that thing? A 3/4 ton?

Don't forget to put your phone number and logo/company name on the back of the truck. You'd be suprised how many people notice that, especially if you make a driving error. A good paint job would really make your signs pop. And keep it simple, too much info and potential clients will miss the important parts, like phone number and business name. But, if you store your equipment in a high-visibility area, a little more info may work in your favor, you've actually got a little billboard, there, 2kid.

Everyone on here has tools that are not new and some that are that don't even look like it. Like treemandan said, an hour into every job, that thing will look like a pile of saw dust. I have a 02' zr2 that i drive everyday to bid in and a 03' ford super duty dump that is my chip truck. Just cause they are 7 or 8 years old does that mean their not nice, no way. The super duty still only has 20,000 miles and just like everything i own, i take care of it. Make the bucket truck look great and no client will care what year it is. I'm sure most people on here clean their equipment, make themselves look neat, and tuck in their shirt tail. Being professional is the way that i've found to get called back again and to be refered again. Also, one thing i have seen before that i really like is to do the spray on bed lining on areas of the truck that have the possiblilty of getting hit with fallen branches. good luck

I know a couple of guys running small buckets for ease in getting the big wood down in tight backyards.

You know though when you get right down to it there is somebody, somewhere trying to do something with anything. I bet somebody, somewhere, sometime in 2008 tried to grind a stump with an eggbeater.

With the economy the way it is,his old truck makes sense.A lot of the reason this country is in trouble is because too many ppl buy beyond there means to repay. What good is a new bucket truck if you cant afford to pay for it.
You got that right.ther are some guys around here with 200k in equipment,cant get 15-20 hrs of work to use it .Now they are what they always claimed to hate :

dirty low ballers

You know though when you get right down to it there is somebody, somewhere trying to do something with anything. I bet somebody, somewhere, sometime in 2008 tried to grind a stump with an eggbeater.

:agree2:

How did you know what i was doing?It would've worked if the carbide teeth woul have stayed on.

I think his truck will be fine after it's painted...........

the difference between those who have shiny brand new trucks with payments and the people who have old shiny trucks is, the ones with the old shiny trucks have more money at the end of the month................HATERS

Back