What do you think about lettering my truck this way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i saw your work i just cant hold back!!! just fill all them holes with bondo and spray bomb her:) what a joke man, iv seen nicer **** in the junkyard!!!. that truck is almost useless in the tree biz. i have taller ladders than that. you aint nothing but a inexperienced grass cutter. go post your crap on ************ tree men have pride and common cents. you prolly cant provide insurance on your vehicles so i doubt you have any for doing the tree work you post up:dizzy: looks like you just bought a few sawz and call your self a tree company. jack of all trades master of none:cheers:

you are retarded.

I bet we have more insurance then you, and guess what we are a registered business who pays taxes. by the way go look at the pics of our property. Yeah I know it is nice. That property is business owned property not just land at my house in the country. Take a look and see what an Acre of land goes for in St. Louis County, MO. And guess what we have almost seven and it payed off.

Sucks for you.

BY the way you can not be a certified pesticide applicator in the state of Missouri without proper insurance. Well check out kelly solutions I am on there.

Ignore list

you are retarded.

I bet we have more insurance then you, and guess what we are a registered business who pays taxes. by the way go look at the pics of our property. Yeah I know it is nice. That property is business owned property not just land at my house in the country. Take a look and see what an Acre of land goes for in St. Louis County, MO. And guess what we have almost seven and it payed off.

Sucks for you.

BY the way you can not be a certified pesticide applicator in the state of Missouri without proper insurance. Well check out kelly solutions I am on there.

Ignore list
I'm sorry, i took one look at your tree truck and dam near fell off my stoop:jawdrop: i like the truck ,its just the boom is so short!!by the time your finished getting that truck inspected and presentable you could have bought a good 55+ft bucket truck. i just feel like you are going to spend more on the truck/rag than its worth. did you get the truck for free:confused:anyhow I'm sorry for posting ignorant B.S.:chatter:,and i hope the truck works out for you and the biz.:)

Last edited:
don't think because I'm fat I can't chase you up that tree and throw you out..........lol:clap: I did lose five pounds...
there'd be gravy fer miles..."n" bacon fer dayz :smoking:

Last edited:
TKO I am ALL for starting from nothing and not using the nicest equipment and like you I am a "kid" in this industry with only a few trucks and a few employees. As, I am sure you did, I read all the post when I started at 17 about how.... "you NEED to work for someone for 5 years" "You cant safely cut trees down with little experience"...and all that other happy stuff. But I started with nothing, listened to these "old" guys (no offense guys haha) and now I have an extremely successful business. But unlike you I think I may have had a more open mind toward what they said.

A: Your truck minus the paint job, looks utterly unsafe! Can you even buy parts for that bucket anymore? I have no room to say any more as I dont have a bucket but I can tell you that my Geckos and my saddle are worth as much as that truck...scary? yes!

B: Your pics on your website lead most here to conclude nothing but, you have no idea what you are doing. The Oak in that pic? granted it is a take down...what were you thinking? If you fell it like that, you will be digging out 3 foot pieces of all those stubs and backfilling all the holes. no?

That spruce...why wouldn't you just climb it? 25 minutes tops! and 35mins raking and loading logs. Instead you have 25mins with a ladder/rope and 60mins raking the entire length of the tree.

C: Safety! Looking at that pic on your site...It looks like you and your guys should be drinking Pina Coladas not using chainsaws. Tee shirts, shorts and sneakers? I remember reading somewhere on the 100th something page of this thread that you are a safety stickler...

You can think and do as you please, I would only ask you take what criticism these professionals say with a grain of salt. Just remember that most of them of them have been where you and I are and have learned from their mistakes. Good luck man!

Last edited:
TKO I am ALL for starting from nothing and not using the nicest equipment and like you I am a "kid" in this industry with only a few trucks and a few employees. As, I am sure you did, I read all the post when I started at 17 about how.... "you NEED to work for someone for 5 years" "You cant safely cut trees down with little experience"...and all that other happy stuff. But I started with nothing, listened to these "old" guys (no offense guys haha) and now I have an extremely successful business. But unlike you I think I may have had a more open mind toward what they said.

A: Your truck minus the paint job, looks utterly unsafe! Can you even buy parts for that bucket anymore? I have no room to say any more as I dont have a bucket but I can tell you that my Geckos and my saddle are worth as much as that truck...scary? yes!

B: Your pics on your website lead most here to conclude nothing but, you have no idea what you are doing. The Oak in that pic? granted it is a take down...what were you thinking? If you fell it like that, you will be digging out 3 foot pieces of all those stubs and backfilling all the holes. no?

That spruce...why wouldn't you just climb it? 25 minutes tops! and 35mins raking and loading logs. Instead you have 25mins with a ladder/rope and 60mins raking the entire length of the tree.

C: Safety! Looking at that pic on your site...It looks like you and your guys should be drinking Pina Coladas not using chainsaws. Tee shirts, shorts and sneakers? I remember reading somewhere on the 100th something page of this thread that you are a safety stickler...

You can think and do as you please, I would only ask you take what criticism these professionals say with a grain of salt. Just remember that most of them of them have been where you and I are and have learned from their mistakes. Good luck man!
good stuff man. well said:clap:

Well said, but you forgot the stump pic with the hmmm hmmm angled back cut. TKO ,don't back cut like that, its not proper and may come back to bite you one day! Other then that thats all and good luck! Not trying to knock you either as this is why I'm on this site to learn from others, but there's yours for today.

Last edited:

Thanks for writing actually that spruce got loaded onto a flatbed full length minus the few feet I cut off the top so it wouldn't hang off the back.

Someone wanted to dump a few loads at our property so I told them no problem, But you have to take this with it.

They didn't have a problem.

i left the oak looking as terrible as I could, to encourage them to finish paying their balance, I will get more pics when we go back to finish after all payment are made(in March( we gave them a payment plan) I even left a few full length branches on the backside of the tree I am not sure if you can see it in the pic.

So far all the payments have been coming in on time now that they realize that we are leaving it standing till we get all of our money. Yes I know it is kind of unprofessional( but we don't work for free).

So far everything I have needed for the bucket I have been able to get. Even a new bucket so far the best price we have gotten for the bucket is $850.00 So we are checking into a few more places before buying one.

Speaking of buckets anyone know what happened to the replacement buckets for sale on ebay that where from the $200-500 range depending on size and features?

Well said, but you forgot the stump pic with the hmmm hmmm angled back cut. TKO ,don't back cut like that, its not proper and may come back to bite you one day! Other then that thats all and good luck! Not trying to knock you either as this is why I'm on this site to learn from others, but there's yours for today.

i don't back cut like that on every tree. just that one and one other if you look at the few other pics I have they where all cut what you all call the correct way.

For me it has just worked better if I have the possibility of it going the wrong way if I make the back cut at an angle. So far it has gone exactly where I wanted it to with little or no assistance.

i don't back cut like that on every tree. just that one and one other if you look at the few other pics I have they where all cut what you all call the correct way.

For me it has just worked better if I have the possibility of it going the wrong way if I make the back cut at an angle. So far it has gone exactly where I wanted it to with little or no assistance.

If you use an angled cut like that and the tree does set back, wedges will be less effective than in a flat cut.

If you use an angled cut like that and the tree does set back, wedges will be less effective than in a flat cut.

Not only that,if the tree was not going forward as planned,and you started hammering on a wedge with an angled cut like that ,the force of the wedge would act to force the trunk inthe forward direction ,but not the top of the tree,possibly causing the trunk to jump off the stump,again probably in the forward dir.and then the trunk in the rearward dir.Do you see the problem there?
Anybody out there doubt me on this possible scenerio?
So there you kinda have it in a nut shell.
Yes ,it's bugging a few of us .Not because it's ugly,or different,but because it'sWRONG,AND IT'S DANGEROUS.

when i saw your work i just cant hold back!!! just fill all them holes with bondo and spray bomb her:) what a joke man, iv seen nicer **** in the junkyard!!!. that truck is almost useless in the tree biz. i have taller ladders than that. you aint nothing but a inexperienced grass cutter. go post your crap on ************ tree men have pride and common cents. you prolly cant provide insurance on your vehicles so i doubt you have any for doing the tree work you post up:dizzy: looks like you just bought a few sawz and call your self a tree company. jack of all trades master of none:cheers:

:yourock:

you are retarded.

Sucks for you.

Ignore list

You wanna bet with me?!
Jeff Lovstrom
www.urbantreecare.com

You wanna bet with me?!
Jeff Lovstrom
www.urbantreecare.com

You also don't spend 90% off your life on here either do you. But the ones who have 8million posts and never leave the computer to go get jobs do.

If you look at the post it was directed to the same person/persons that are doing all the bashing, But thanks for not reading the entire post and joining in.

Hear,Hear, Almost to the end of this thread- like a soap opera ending.
Jeff Lovstron
Good Read!:clap:

Back