What do you think about lettering my truck this way

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You also don't spend 90% off your life on here either do you. But the ones who have 8million posts and never leave the computer to go get jobs do.

If you look at the post it was directed to the same person/persons that are doing all the bashing, But thanks for not reading the entire post and joining in.

OK TKO- Listen to a guy that started climbing when Jimmy Carter was President. Your heart is in the right place, but you screwed up when you realized it and "posted it" and felt good and you really handled yourself diplomaticly but you need to understand the reach of experience you are addressing. This is not the Jerry Springer show and for you to suggest that OUR participation on this or any other site as compatible to a lazy azz that post all day is showing your idnorance and dis-respect for those of us who have earned the time to answer "YOUR POST"===Buy-BY== the way way , Where are the "outriggers" , "chock blocks"
Jeff Lovstrom

OK TKO- Listen to a guy that started climbing when Jimmy Carter was President. Your heart is in the right place, but you screwed up when you realized it and "posted it" and felt good and you really handled yourself diplomaticly but you need to understand the reach of experience you are addressing. This is not the Jerry Springer show and for you to suggest that OUR participation on this or any other site as compatible to a lazy azz that post all day is showing your idnorance and dis-respect for those of us who have earned the time to answer "YOUR POST"===Buy-BY== the way way , Where are the "outriggers" , "chock blocks"
Jeff Lovstrom

You don't need outriggers for 28 feet. Heck, I can get that high on a pogo stick.

Jeff Lovstrom

you can kind of see them in the pic of the sweetgum with me in the tree.

like I said before we don't always have the camera with us, or the batteries die, or just get busy and forget to take some more. We don't usually take the time to get up close pictures of our rigging gear, because customers don't really know what it is or care.

All they care about is 1: Insurance,2:price,3 job gets done with no damage and a good clean up is done,4: appearance of workers,

Not necessarily in that order or if all four are met.

Thanks again Jeff

Last edited:
SSSSHHHHH........ quiet TKO,i think i here a knock!:laugh:

i left the oak looking as terrible as I could, to encourage them to finish paying their balance, I will get more pics when we go back to finish after all payment are made(in March( we gave them a payment plan) I even left a few full length branches on the backside of the tree I am not sure if you can see it in the pic.

So far all the payments have been coming in on time now that they realize that we are leaving it standing till we get all of our money. Yes I know it is kind of unprofessional( but we don't work for free).

"kind of unprofessional"? Either you do a job right or you don't do it at all. It's something called 'ethics'. Leaving a tree hacked up like that while you wait for payment makes it look like you intended to just top it and leave it. So, what is your plan if they don't pay? Just leave that horrible stump of a tree standing and let it resprout into a horrible looking hazzard tree?

Quite apparently, you have no problem operating "kind of unprofessional" equipment, you have no problem using "kind of unprofessional" cutting techniques and, from what you just said in the above quote, you have no problem conducting business in a "kind of unprofessional" manner. Your "kind of unprofessional" attitude is the 'black eye' of tree care that AS members have been referring to.

This thread started out with you asking what other listers thought about the lettering on your truck. It quickly evolved into a discussion about business marketing and management, safe working practices, proper work technique and business ethics. 130 posts worth of critical business advice for free. Don't waste it.

Last edited:

Please see my previous post. I edited it but not before mckeetree could quote the original. I felt it lacked the constructive criticism that I've been preaching about.

Last edited:
I don't care what you think, there payment was due that day and they didn't have it, when they said they would. So we stopped working maybe you don't pay your employee's anything but we do pay ours and the labor cost ads up quick especially when you haven't received all the money you are owed.

I am not in the business of giving credit out.

when i saw your work i just cant hold back!!! just fill all them holes with bondo and spray bomb her:) what a joke man, iv seen nicer **** in the junkyard!!!. that truck is almost useless in the tree biz. i have taller ladders than that. you aint nothing but a inexperienced grass cutter. go post your crap on ************ tree men have pride and common cents. you prolly cant provide insurance on your vehicles so i doubt you have any for doing the tree work you post up:dizzy: looks like you just bought a few sawz and call your self a tree company. jack of all trades master of none:cheers:

+1 stick to weed whacking. I saw this from the beginning of this thread - what a joke. Just what we need some arrogant lawn jockey with an old cable truck reminiscent of Cooter's wrecker, lol.

I am not in the business of giving credit out.

You aren't expected to work for free but, you are now liable should that tree resprout weak branches due to your 'topping' job and one of those branches break off and hit someone or something. It could easily be proven in court that your improper pruning/removal practices were detrimental to the tree's health. It doesn't matter if you left the tree because you didn't get paid when you expected to. You left the tree in a hazzardous condition. You should have gotten paid up front if you were worried about it. Once you start a removal, you finish a removal. Leaving as is doesn't fly in court should someone get hurt.

Do you have a contract for the work? If so, all you have to do is finish the job and submit it to small claims. You'll likely get paid before it goes to court but, if not, you'll get a judgement against them and a lien on their property. Eventually, you'll get paid and you won't have a liability hanging over your head.

Not getting paid is the risk you run when you're in business for yourself. It's part of the game. Use contracts, get payments up front when you feel the need and go talk to the customer to work something out when payment is not made on time. By the way, why aren't they paying?

+1 stick to weed whacking. I saw this from the beginning of this thread - what a joke. Just what we need some arrogant lawn jockey with an old cable truck reminiscent of Cooter's wrecker, lol.

That's funny. That could not have been said any better.

You aren't expected to work for free but, you are now liable should that tree resprout weak branches due to your 'topping' job and one of those branches break off and hit someone or something. It could easily be proven in court that your improper pruning/removal practices were detrimental to the tree's health. It doesn't matter if you left the tree because you didn't get paid when you expected to. You left the tree in a hazzardous condition. You should have gotten paid up front if you were worried about it. Once you start a removal, you finish a removal. Leaving as is doesn't fly in court should someone get hurt.

Do you have a contract for the work? If so, all you have to do is finish the job and submit it to small claims. You'll likely get paid before it goes to court but, if not, you'll get a judgement against them and a lien on their property. Eventually, you'll get paid and you won't have a liability hanging over your head.

Not getting paid is the risk you run when you're in business for yourself. It's part of the game. Use contracts, get payments up front when you feel the need and go talk to the customer to work something out when payment is not made on time. By the way, why aren't they paying?

leins do not get you paid unless they try and sell, and then if their realtor knows the game well enough the can get past the lean by just paying the administrative fees of the court.

small claims does absolutely nothing, except waste your time, the collection agency only help if they care about their credit and most peopl who won't pay don't care.

Like I said before they did not have the money,so we stopped working got it to a safe height did as enough clean up to make it look somewhat presentable.so they are now on a payment plan when the last payment comes in on march 15th the rest of the tree will be removed stump and all.

Thanks for playing.

I am done with this thread now so have fun talking to yourselves.

Thanks for all who responded with legitimate complaints/suggestions/questions.

For the others I again wish you a better year and may something light a fire under you to help you get out there and reach for the stars and market yourself and your company everyday. So you can get to the point where you do not have to get up in the tree's yourself anymore.

Good luck

Thanks for writing actually that spruce got loaded onto a flatbed full length minus the few feet I cut off the top so it wouldn't hang off the back.

Someone wanted to dump a few loads at our property so I told them no problem, But you have to take this with it.

They didn't have a problem.

i left the oak looking as terrible as I could, to encourage them to finish paying their balance, I will get more pics when we go back to finish after all payment are made(in March( we gave them a payment plan) I even left a few full length branches on the backside of the tree I am not sure if you can see it in the pic.

So far all the payments have been coming in on time now that they realize that we are leaving it standing till we get all of our money. Yes I know it is kind of unprofessional( but we don't work for free).

So far everything I have needed for the bucket I have been able to get. Even a new bucket so far the best price we have gotten for the bucket is $850.00 So we are checking into a few more places before buying one.

Speaking of buckets anyone know what happened to the replacement buckets for sale on ebay that where from the $200-500 range depending on size and features?

I tried to help you out and tell you to just let this thread die but now I need to say something in regards to leaving the tree as is due to non payment. If you started the job with no check then you should have finished it...period....you are acting like a hack. Finish the job and collect. Why did you start it without payment? How long did it actually take to get to that point? If I ever worked an hour and had to stop because of non-payment then I would quit the business. That is a 2-hour job...tops...with stump....you could not float a $500 job? Getting back to the idea that you started without payment, was the terms due upon topping it but not finishing the job? Have you heard of working capital? Don't get me wrong, I like to get paid when I finish the job but sometimes you have to float the work. Do you have commercial accounts? I am sure they are not cutting a check as soon as you finish.

Last edited:
I tried to help you out and tell you to just let this thread die but now I need to say something in regards to leaving the tree as is due to non payment. If you started the job with no check then you should have finished it...period....you are acting like a hack. Finish the job and collect. Why did you start it without payment? How long did it actually take to get to that point? If I ever worked an hour and had to stop because of non-payment then I would quit the business. That is a 2-hour job...tops...with stump....you could not float a $500 job? Getting back to the idea that you started without payment, was the terms due upon topping it but not finishing the job? Have you heard of working capital? Don't get me wrong, I like to get paid when I finish the job but sometimes you have to float the work. Do you have commercial accounts? I am sure they are not cutting a check as soon as you finish.

FINALLY!--Thank-you Teamtree!.
Jeff Lovstrom

lol

So you can get to the point where you do not have to get up in the tree's yourself anymore.

not even close to the reason why i play this game tko. i plan on getting dirty for the long haul.

if you dont even want to be in the tree why you in the biz?

Every hour my guys work is paid !! It is not their problem that the customer has a check thingy!! You sound like a greedy guy. You take on a job and the only way to get paid is if the client pays you first!????!!Your type is the type I love to Bid against! Don't do the job if you cannot support the cost-
Jeff Lovstrom

Latest posts

Back