What do you think Husqvarna's best saw is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My votes may be decidedly old-school, but I'd argue that these models are still relevant today.

262xp, 272xp, 394xp.

All very good saws I do appreciate the 262xp and ran a 272 to death took long time very good saw but I'm sold on my 372 xpw and my 395 is no slouch but now wished I had opted for the 390 for the inboard clutch. No biggie though as my 395 gets it done :cheers:

395xp is the all around winner in my book will do most anything

falling, bucking, limbing, milling. happy to haul it around all day. run a 20" bar for firewood, 36" for milling, hear it will take a 42" but

ive got an 084 for that

The handle wraps all the way around to the side of the saw. Just as easy to pick it up off it's side as it is from the top. On lumpy ground, most places in the woods, the times I've brought the MS261 to try it out has been found on it's side as well. I didn't freak out, I just picked it up and kept cutting.

The handle wraps all the way around to the side of the saw. Just as easy to pick it up off it's side as it is from the top. On lumpy ground, most places in the woods, the times I've brought the MS261 to try it out has been found on it's side as well. I didn't freak out, I just picked it up and kept cutting.

Yes, a total non-issue. :msp_wink:

So what??? :confused:

It's no fun to have to go 75' down a hill to find your saw. I've had a 372 half wrap do it also. The full wrap will set a little better it seems.

MS261 is the 50cc king any way:pumpkin2: You forgot already didn't you:msp_sneaky:;)

It's no fun to have to go 75' down a hill to find your saw. I've had a 372 half wrap do it also. The full wrap will set a little better it seems.

MS261 is the 50cc king any way:pumpkin2: You forgot already didn't you:msp_sneaky:;)

The MS261 missed the real 50cc target completely, but of course it is a good saw for some purposes...

2100 BY FAR then 288XP , 272XP

I agree 100%(allmost) but you forgot the 266..unbelievable for its cc!!..the 254xp is allmost unbreakable, and the 154! with a simple touch of a screwdriver you can make a stock one a monster for the cc!!! if you know the "tricks"(same with the 162se)

2100/2101 is still my favorite in the husky lineup!

The MS261 missed the real 50cc target completely, but of course it is a good saw for some purposes...

No it did not! if you want torque in a 50cc saw...the 261 is the way to go! the 261 will kick ass with both the old and new 346 and 550 with a 18" bar buried! but you would not know! do you? what does the spec say?....okay.....the important "sideways balance" is on the huskys side!.........do you cut more wood with the "sideways balance"?.....and with the stihl 262 MT on the horizon, you better sit back and be envious! hehe:cheers:

Certainly, everyone is entitled to their opinions on the 'best' Husky. In the PNW and all through Canada back in the day, history tells us we had nothing better than the 2100/2101's, to put it politely. In fact, Canadian owners continue to trickle them in on ebay with regularity, albeit at crazy prices. Without their 2100/2101's, those models would probably be very rare today. In the early 80's when I quit fallin' in the log woods, I went to work for a gold mill in Silverton, CO as a Journeyman Mechanic. We needed a saw, I suggested like a Rancher something or other. That was my one and only experience with a smaller Husky. Beside being a 'cute', little cousin, it seemed to have enough grunt for our purposes....which was cutting dimensional beams and clearing small timber.

Kevin

I like the ones with the silver paint that comes off if you look at them. How do they do that!

Latest posts

Back