What Do You Think Of Putting 3/8 Chain On A 550XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great timing on this thread for me.I picked up a 550xp,a while back,that I thought was toast,not so.P&C looked great,150 PSI and good spark,fixed the recoil,fired that mother up-runs great.Now I need to get all the missing parts,clutch,drum,rim,worm drive and needle bearing.Husky IPL says .325,all my other saws have been set up with 3/8s,so after reading this,its getting a 3/8s rim!
Thanks guys.
RR

Great timing on this thread for me.I picked up a 550xp,a while back,that I thought was toast,not so.P&C looked great,150 PSI and good spark,fixed the recoil,fired that mother up-runs great.Now I need to get all the missing parts,clutch,drum,rim,worm drive and needle bearing.Husky IPL says .325,all my other saws have been set up with 3/8s,so after reading this,its getting a 3/8s rim!
Thanks guys.
RR
It also needs a 3/8 bar also unless you use a solid tip bar.

You can get a 550 new with 3/8 16" from several places online, CPO for one. I'm gonna try a 17" 64dl when I get a chance.

You can get a 550 new with 3/8 16" from several places online, CPO for one. I'm gonna try a 17" 64dl when I get a chance.
64dl 3/8 is my favorite on these saws. The 16" 60dl always seems a tad short and the 18" 68dl is just a tad too long. The 64DL that came on my 5100 always felt just right. I wish somebody made a LW repl tip in 64dl for husky small mount. I've got an old Windsor for now. Maybe Cannon will when they bring out their LW line this year.

Latest posts

Back