What do you use to carry your saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered if you guys have some sort of case to carry your saw, or if you just put in on your truck or in the trunk of your car...Let's see what you've got!

If I don't need too many, I just throw them in the trailer (but two layers deep).

GTGTrailer010.jpg

GTGTrailer008.jpg

WOW you got CAD BAD !!!
If I don't need too many, I just throw them in the trailer (but two layers deep).

GTGTrailer010.jpg

GTGTrailer008.jpg

I have one of these plastic cases. Works really good. groves on the bottom to allow oil and other gunk to accumulate without spilling out. I can keep a few wedges in it and a quart of bar oil. Your case looks like you can get a lot of gear in there, but what with the tip of the bar stick out. Can't protect it that way.

201018d1317402081-ppcase2-jpg

201019d1317402103-ppcase-jpg

The tip sticking out is not really a problem, if i carry other boxes or tool cases too, I just let it stick in between them. I fitted the length for the saw and the fuel can to fit in, it's about 80cm long that way, which is still ok, but if it would be much longer, it would loose it's handiness. It's a perfect thing for a small saw with a 16" bar, but for a bigger falling saw it's probably not the best thing to do. Still works fine for my 365 with the 20" bar though.

I'm with you on the wood box; mine is mainly used to keep all my saw crap together in my garage, and make for something I can quickly toss in the car.

200748d1317172842-saw-case-jpg

Though I gotta say, I am liking the Radio Flyer! I wish I knew what happened to the one I had as a kid.

That's a nice box you got there, I like it that you can close it. I guess your tip doesn't stick out? That way you can really stack it well, if you carry other boxes too.

I've got several types of cases for my saws.

My wedges and accessories are in my pouch on my chainsaw chaps. Extra fuel is in hikers fuel bottles and bar oil in a small container.

These cordura cloth bags work well and will hold a larger saw than the power box. I put a plastic sheath in the bar section to keep the chain from tearing up the cloth. This is the Husqvarna bag but Bailey's sells another brand for $19.95 that seems to work as well.
Sheath section will only handle bars up to 20".

attachment.php

attachment.php

The power box is a nice box if you are using a smaller saw. Sheaths up to 24" are available.
attachment.php

GTGTrailer010.jpg

GTGTrailer008.jpg

Not a lot of room for a load of wood left on that trailer, unless of course, that how you head to the bush, but come home with a full load of wood and the only one of them saws that actually started on the day...:tongue2:

My wife and girlfriends carry all my equipment. Sometimes if it is more than a couple miles I'll help, but I'm usually drinking beer with my buds at the cutting site while they bring the stuff. :clap::rock::clap:

By the way, I am no slacker-- I carry my own brew!!!

What are you using your chainsaw on a roof for OP? I just can't think of anything we would use one for other than big timbers like in block and pier foundation.

What are you using your chainsaw on a roof for OP? I just can't think of anything we would use one for other than big timbers like in block and pier foundation.

I don't know what OP means...
It depends on what we'd build, but for many tasks. Cutting stacks of boards that are nailed on the rafters, leveling old stringers, demolition and such. It is quite hard for me to explain this, as I barely know all those special parts names in english haha.

op means original poster, the dude that started the thread. It also means ocean pacific for us old guys that remember the fashionable beach clothes.

_Other possibilities, what , op:laugh:

That's a nice box you got there, I like it that you can close it. I guess your tip doesn't stick out? That way you can really stack it well, if you carry other boxes too.

Correct, the saw and bar is fully enclosed.

I don't know what OP means...
It depends on what we'd build, but for many tasks. Cutting stacks of boards that are nailed on the rafters, leveling old stringers, demolition and such. It is quite hard for me to explain this, as I barely know all those special parts names in english haha.

Wow, that's kind of amazing considering how little we use them for such things over here. Your english is dang good too! :rock:

Sam -
That dog in the middle looks just a bit crazy. There's POWER in being crazy, you know. Photo #1 looks pretty sweet and I have no comment on #3; have the clowns already piled out? :msp_biggrin:

That would be crazy Daisy. I like those Chesapeakes. Remind me of myself. The Justy is a bit of a clown car but it's a pretty nice little rally car for out of town stuff. 4x4 and good mileage.

Back