What Do You Use To Get Your Woods Out Of The Woods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Do You Use To Get Your Woods Out Of The Woods?

• Skidder

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Bulldozer

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Tractor

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • ATV

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 45 31.3%

• Total voters
L2650 Kubota

Mu Kubota with a cinch chain works just fine.

Al :clap::clap:

attachment.php

attachment.php

New Holland L170 Skid Steer. Bucket for the brush and forks to lift 6' lengths up out of the dirt and to a place of my liking for bucking:)

I use our Cat IT28B. It is very handy, some day will get a Bobcat to go with it.
010-1.jpg

019.jpg

058.jpg

And getting the wood out of the woods from other fields when I can't load up my crates I use our Int 656 with an old trailer.
010.jpg

And my truck with a little 6x10 utility trailer.:chainsaw::cheers:
061.jpg

Log hauler does double duty!

Did I mention that the log hauler does double duty? 510 bales put up yesterday!
attachment.php

Could I get a couple of you to stop your wood cutting and come help me load these please? LOL!
attachment.php

Did I mention that the log hauler does double duty? 510 bales put up yesterday!

Could I get a couple of you to stop your wood cutting and come help me load these please? LOL!
\

Manual pickup? That truly sux. I did it ONCE, when I had rain coming and no help to stack on the wagon. Next time, the hay gets rained on instead.

Nice outfit, looks like maybe a 575 baler? I use an old 268, still works like a charm after 30+ years.

I use two hands, and two feet...

Unless I'm helping my father-in-law... & then we use an old manure spreader hooked up to his Leyland or the M.

you carry every piece of firewood, from where ever you cut it, to your pile?

Manual pickup? That truly sux. I did it ONCE, when I had rain coming and no help to stack on the wagon. Next time, the hay gets rained on instead.

Nice outfit, looks like maybe a 575 baler? I use an old 268, still works like a charm after 30+ years.

That's my old NH 311 Hayliner with the standard sweep pick up. The super sweep pick ups are too good at finding little leftover pieces of firewood that hide in the edges of my field; get one in the bale chamber and it's all over for your feed tines, needles, or plunger knife! Last time I priced a New Holland needle they were over $600!

The 268 was/is one fine machine; they just don't make equipment like that anymore. We literally wore out a 1958 Super Hayliner 67, which the 311 replaced in 1983. (The bale chamber actually got too thin to support it's weight: coulda' welded reinforcement, but didn't)

I haven't thrown hay since I was 18. If I was around you I would help. We use to toss it in the loft. The first elevator to hi the farm way for firewood. That last row on the trailer really sucked. Once my brother and I moved out dad started using round bales.

Scott

Last edited:
you carry every piece of firewood, from where ever you cut it, to your pile?

Pretty much - the caveat is that i cut it, haul it to the back of the Subaru, put it in, drive home, unload it, carry it to the splitting area, hand split, stack, go back (if I don't have child-care duties) repeat the process.

I did get a tree service to drop off a chinese elm trunk in my backyard & I cut& split that right next to the stacks. That was nice. I always keep my ears out in the neighborhood for chainsaws b/c most homeowners here don't have a saw big enough to get through anything more than 18" & they don't want to split it anyway.

I also don't get to cut as much as I'd like to - if I were doing it more regularly & putting more up, I'd probably have pickup.

Latest posts

Back