What does it all mean?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clayman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just some observations and some questions they provoke.

1. What's the deal with the big yellow stars and green and gold bars under the posters names? What do they mean? I bought a new saw and all I got is one lousy green spot. :mad:

2. Saw troll has 18,582 posts! :clap: Wow!!! Can that be right? Is that the most?

3. Bigbore, if I counted right has 52 chainsaws. Wow again!!!

4. I never dreamed that chainsaws had such a devoted following. I know garden tractors do, but you guys got them beat hands down.

5. Lastly :cheers: Gotta love this place! :)

P.S. I ask you; Is there anymore pure redneck tool than a chainsaw? :chainsaw:

1. What's the deal with the big yellow stars and green and gold bars under the posters names? What do they mean? I bought a new saw and all I got is one lousy green spot. :mad:

2. Saw troll has 18,582 posts! :clap: Wow!!! Can that be right? Is that the most?

4. I never dreamed that chainsaws had such a devoted following. I know garden tractors do, but you guys got them beat hands down.

1. They're rep points earned. Scroll over the icons in the bottom left of each post. Some earn them. Most beg for them.:)

2. It's too cold where he's from to do anything but stay inside, read chainsaw books, and order a saw every year or so. I'm not sure he ever uses them, though.;)

3. Wait and see how many YOU have this time next year!

4. Can't argue that point.

5. I agree. But it's addicting.

Being from East Tennessee, you would know a redneck (and a little about Krystal);). Just kidding. I'm from SC originally. Believe me, the South does not have a monopoly on rednecks. There's plenty in the West...they just have different hats and bigger belt buckles.

Anyway, good post and welcome to the site.

Last edited:
I ask you; Is there anymore pure redneck tool than a chainsaw?

Maybe.. what about a peavee, you won't find one of those in a guys garage that wears a suit to work everyday. Sorry, thinking outloud. :)

Wait and see how many YOU have this time next year!

True That!, hang around this forum more than a couple days, and you will get CAD Bad. (search "Cad" when you get a chance) First time I saw AS I all ready had about 8 saws, but this place convinced me that I needed a few more.

Welcome to AS! :clap:

2. Saw troll has 18,582 posts! :clap: Wow!!! Can that be right?

I don't know if Troll has the most, but he IS our in house Mr. Spock of saw facts, stats and criticism of overweight saws. He has spent many a post expanding our collective minds on the finer points of saw sience. So his post count is in direct proportion to our need for answers.

Welcome to AS, I have more saws than Big Bore. Just don't show them off like he does..LOL

Latest posts

Back