What happens when you switch gas and oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was about to get an top handle echo from a guy then i found out that he did then i had to open my big fat mouth..

side note: next day i got a call from a guy that was pissed at me saying when i worked on his tractor i fu:censored:ed it up (all i did was change the fuel filter)
and he was going to sue me and i was going to have to buy him a new tractor and all the other threats..
got out there checked the filter it was ok. (as the guy was over my shoulder telling me how he should of hired a real mechanic to do it) the diesel smelled funny so i stuck my nose in the tank it was full to the top with gasoline :jawdrop: i smiled and looked up at the guy and said it's going to be about $400 to fix it. he said fix what? drain the gas out of your fuel system! and it may be more if it needs parts.
he turned pail white and ran into his house.
i love making the the customer feel like a dumbass when they think they have one up on you..

Last edited:
I can proudly say that in the 30 or so years I have been cuttin'/fallin'... I have never done it.

Gary

C'mon Gary, tell us the truth now. NEVER made that mistake??

I have a Pioneer 40 on the bench now that came to me not running. Pull the caps off and too my surprise they where mixed. After cleaning for a few minutes it came to life quickly. Looks like many people make the same mistake.

Well I will be honest I have almost done it. Then I got quickly into the habit of removing one tank cap at a time oil first and fuel last instead of taking both off at the same time

Back