What has your chainsaw done for you lately?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
248817d1345137061-cherry-jpg

Ah yes, Cherry.

Yup just simmered 12 quart of salsa last night on the old wood burner out in the shed.

Used the Cherry wood that had sat all summer to simmer it down (the lil' Woman doesn't like my salsa stinking up her house)

So I guess you can say my saws helped out?

Holy crap muh sawz done did bump uglies last night and multiplied!!!!

c6e4c994-a175-e516.jpg

Well, my ms-361 leaked bar oil from the cap and the bottom of the saw... still working on that. My decent carhartt canvas pants got a nice couple of dripping runs of bar lube for some permanent stains! Then I yanked the snot out of it for 10 minutes like an idiot... Fuel line split too... I thought I left the fuel tank full when I put it away for July (too hot). Dumped fuel all over the cement so I spent a half hour cleaning that. Tore it down to find the split hose. What idiot put the narrow flex as the first bend point? Thanks for that :angry: 3 year old saw with light use up until this past fall.

Can't find an oem fuel hose anywhere locally. Everything online is not oem or on ebay (which I don't use- I hate paypal and ebay owns them so collateral damage.)

I don't know what happened with the bar lube other than it might be a clogged vent with a ball detent or something. I am still reading on it.

So yeah, that's what it did for me lately... :(

ETA: I know my 361 fires on the third pull full choke- no decomp, and runs after one pull on half choke... yet I kept pulling on that handle like I was gonna win a prize!

Last edited:
Gotten me firewood, enabled me to help others who needed wood to heat their homes, relieved some stress, got me outside exercising, killed some time, took up space in the shop, and connected me with new friends.:cheers:

P1010428.jpg

P1010429.jpg

Couple pics taken two weeks ago during a day of cutting with a friend met here on AS.

Well mostly, they all just pissed me off... Pretty much if something could fail it did on the fleet. I did get to take all that anger out on some big ash with a Husky 50 though... That made things somewhat better...

got some ideas here too.

Since we went hog wild with Tomatoes this year (thanks to the saws cutting down a cottonwood and other trees shading the garden spot)

Going to take some twisted Sycamore and some Ash slabs and make some nice shelving for the booty.

Hot sauce and homegrown Tomatoes in the dark days of Winter always hits me like the Sun in me face.

got some ideas here too.

Since we went hog wild with Tomatoes this year (thanks to the saws cutting down a cottonwood and other trees shading the garden spot)

Going to take some twisted Sycamore and some Ash slabs and make some nice shelving for the booty.

Hot sauce and homegrown Tomatoes in the dark days of Winter always hits me like the Sun in me face.

Sounds like a good idea. The wife and I are busy freezing tomatoes and canning salsa and she was saying that we could use some more shelving. That could be another idea. Thanks Sach.

Back