What have you added to your arsenal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just got a sweet deal on an 034 super. This thing really rips and I think it will be a nice addition to the family. I just love these older saws!

Attachments

• 20141101_095256.jpg
    20141101_095256.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 167
I don't have a budget for new saws either which is why I was pretty excited to get this 034 av super with a new carb kit taped to it along with a newish 20" bar, two chains, and two 15' log chains for $30! Here's the saw on the front passenger floor of my old subaru after I picked it up with the card kit duct taped to it.

Attachments

• 20141030_140614.jpg
    20141030_140614.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 141
S&W 4006 Stainless high capacity police issue. Tends to keep the saws where they should be. :chainsaw:

MVC-001S_6.JPG

I picked up a nice little 192C rear handle trim saw from a pawn shop for managing brush , it's got decent power and weighs next to nothing. I love my 026 but it gets heavy after all day use in the thick stuff.

You're gonna love that saw. One of the best purchases I've made. The rear handle is what makes it for me.

I don't have a budget for new saws either which is why I was pretty excited to get this 034 av super with a new carb kit taped to it along with a newish 20" bar, two chains, and two 15' log chains for $30! Here's the saw on the front passenger floor of my old subaru after I picked it up with the card kit duct taped to it.

30 bucks, you suck! That's a fantastic deal, and all the extras, man...

You're gonna love that saw. One of the best purchases I've made. The rear handle is what makes it for me.
I gave $200 for it out the door and it looked as though it had never been run , also had a new 14" bar and non-safety chain.

Full of fluids and ready to cut it weighs like 9.5 pounds...and feels like it's perfectly balanced.

I gave $200 for it out the door and it looked as though it had never been run , also had a new 14" bar and non-safety chain.

Full of fluids and ready to cut it weighs like 9.5 pounds...and feels like it's perfectly balanced.

That sounds like a great little saw!

That's a great deal. I bought mine new from dealer which hurt but I would do it again. You can throw that thing around all day and not even feel it. has decent power too as it doesn't have all the box store/homeowner plastic on it.

Your's may have come with it but if not you may want to get a spur for it. makes a surprising difference over the plastic nubs.

MVC-001S_9.JPG

MVC-002S_7.JPG

Direct bolt on and "were" available through Stihl.

MVC-003S_7.JPG

I'm on my 3rd bar and 2nd sprocket so I've put some hours on it. I've never used the primer bulb either. Has always started with 5 pulls cold with choke.

I did get these a few weeks ago from Labonville. U.S. made Wells felling wedges to keep with the saw bucket. Decided it was time to have a selection to choose from.

MVC-001S_8.JPG

Got a DHT 22 ton splitter not too far back from Lowes. Flipped a couple BR600s and have 3 1127 saws to flip to fund it. Been pretty set on saws lately, pretty happy with my 7 saw plan.

My dad gave me an 009 that needs a couple of bolts, but I just love the sound of the idle. I'm going to have to record it and make it a ringtone

Latest posts

Back