What have you added to your arsenal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mn woodcutter

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
I've been cutting more 24"-30" logs and recently missed out on a nice Jonsered 2188. I really am coveting a big saw! I just hate spending the money. Looking for the right deal.
That is a cool bar!

benp

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've been cutting more 24"-30" logs and recently missed out on a nice Jonsered 2188. I really am coveting a big saw! I just hate spending the money. Looking for the right deal.
That is a cool bar!

@srcarr52 has a ported 064 in the trading post.

If I was needing a big saw I would be all over that.

I ran heavy fuel's at Andys gtg a few years ago and it was SWEET!!!!

Or just keep your eyes open in there. Good stuff pops up.

I really like the tsumara bars. My 3rd one but first light.

I'm going to hunt for a .050 28" now.

mn woodcutter

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
@srcarr52 has a ported 064 in the trading post.

If I was needing a big saw I would be all over that.

I ran heavy fuel's at Andys gtg a few years ago and it was SWEET!!!!

Or just keep your eyes open in there. Good stuff pops up.

I really like the tsumara bars. My 3rd one but first light.

I'm going to hunt for a .050 28" now.
Thanks for the heads up. I've never considered buying a saw I can't touch first but if the seller is highly recommended then i might. Thanks

benp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks for the heads up. I've never considered buying a saw I can't touch first but if the seller is highly recommended then i might. Thanks

There are a bunch of guys on here that I would have zero issues with buying a saw that they are selling. You can do your due diligence and search their posts to get a feel for them.

I got the 394 ripped apart for the new bar.

Put on the Stihl-Husky bar adapter by @Homelite410 courtesy of @fordf150. Fit like a peach. I also have his Dolmar adapter too for future use.

All back together. I like it.....a lot. Noticeable difference in weight between the 32" Oregon and just for giggles compared to the 36" Total Super Bar there is a huge difference.

Oldman47

Oldman47

ArboristSite Guru
This year I went crazy and doubled the number of saws. Now I have a Husky 555 to go with my Stihl 026. Then I spotted a tempting sale on one of these sites and added 5 spare chains for that 555. I also added a few felling wedges because I found that 2 was not enough at times. Then my neighbor stepped in with a couple of worn splitting wedges and a go-devil at no charge to me because his wife made him convert his insert to a gas burner and he does not want to go back. He had seen me out splitting with my X27.

chucker

chucker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
after the old mini mc 10 lost the drum sprocket, I had to add a new Husqvarna t435 to the pile for topping and close quarter's saw work seems to be a reliable little saw for what it was made for and not a lot of ground work as it's a bit lite on the front for small blocking......

ponyexpress976

ponyexpress976

nipple fritters
Got a 3120xp for $500 Guy couldn't get it running and all he said was it just quit working one day....it needed a coil. It's gonna be used for milling. The new place I've be able to pull logs from is really wet and I fell into a vermeer s600tx. Always thought a tracked machine would be over rated...until I had one!

madjoe

madjoe

ArboristSite Member
Kevin, make sure you don't get bar oil on those wedges. I have some echo ones that look the same and had a real close call hammering them in when 2 flew out of the cut and the tree fell the opposite way. I knew there was oil on them but didn't think they would slip.
Next time they get oily just put some saw dust in your back cut and between the wedges if you're double stacking. Fixes the problem

Latest posts