What have you added to your arsenal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops I only paid $10 from a lady who I was doing work for. It's pretty neat toy he loves it. Makes lots of noise the chain moves and he can take it apart to.

I got a bunch of "new" well used stuff Red max backpack blower 6600?? - $10, Yardman yard vac/blower $10, Red max weedwhip $10 still in op but up next. coleman lantern 2 matel type, new in the box with fuel $10 Filled the lamp and it took off stamp on the bottom is 75' I think. The backpack blower I just got going to night was in pieces half ass assembled Still needs an air box mostly broken missing, throttle cable, but other wise very happy. the yardman vac/blower still needs a belt for self propelled and maybe a little more fine tuning but all in all I had to put it back together and guesstabuild a piece of the carb linkage, good thing for parts tree so I could follow along and get it back together, also gave me an idea for size and shape of the linkage I was missing. I ended up using piano wire for the linkage .045. Still needs a bag to vac but it blows good My wife was getting angry with me spending all my extra time in the garage working on this "crap" that I bought at this shop sale. She had gone out front to start to rake the leaves with my son, When I had just finished assembling the blower, I fired it up with 2 pulls was about 1/8 turn from "tuned" . After I finished our yard and the neighbors yard, ( my neighbor is a good old guy like 97 I think) She tells that all is forgiven and she started to play around with the blower, yes I got a keeper, she also helps split and stack, life is good :rock:Im going to start to work on 254 61 and another 288 this week I think. Its starting to get cold, I am kind of getting into repair old 'junk"

2014-11-18-16-00-42_AATSC.jpg

Fox 2.0 coil overs (2 inch leveling kit) , and matching rear shocks, Powerstop HD brakes (all around), Zone upper control arms, tranny service and 16 spark plugs........Thank god the shop is owned by a buddy. This is on a shortbed 2012 ram 1500 4x4

20120727_152947.jpg 2014-11-22-12-39-09_AATSC.jpg

I could have accomplished the same thing with a set of Bilsteins, but I found a great deal on the UCA's and splurged on the Foxes. Think I will be replacing the rear coils with a stock height firmer spring, as the rear now feels "soft". The foxes have Eibach springs on front, and I feel the spring rate is much firmer than stock. Ride is out of this world. Highway and around town is great, and when I tested them on some "traffic control" speed bumps, it ate them up without a worry. Could have hit them at 50 and still been fine. But for 1000 dollars, they better be awesome!

Tires will be 275/65/20 instead of 275/60/20.........about a inch taller, but will be load range E instead of the passenger car based Goodyear HP that is on it.

Yes it is 4x4.....debadged it the day I bought it. The fox coilovers allow up to 2 inches of lift in the front. The upper control arms were a upgrade that I wanted as Dodge is known for ball joint issues

Got me apair of suspender to go with my stihl cutting pants..i can not belive i waited this long..so much more comfortable than the belt its not funny

I bought a NIB 2153 from Stephen Roy Power in RI and had it shipped directly to Scott Kunz (treemonkey) for porting. Its a beast. I also bought a 36" 404 bar for my 660 from Jonathan (Jon1212). Now I'm broke. Now I need to get some 404 chain from Tree Sling'r .
View attachment 376849 View attachment 376850
You know. I have a soft spot for the 2153 and 2171Jonsereds. What sweet saws and to score 2153 new. I am not gonna say you suck.... But, I suck for selling both of mine. I still have my 2095 and it ROCKS!
Enjoy your new saw!

No new saws to speak of....unless I can find a good deal on a broken 390 or 395xp

New to the firewood tools is a lifting device i built for my tractor. Very strong lifting power for a 25 hp tractor! Just need me some log tongs.

c7d953e33e9650fc4b46c6ad4786bcb1.jpg

Thanks

View attachment 376976 288xp lite was the latest
I got a 288xp lite a couple of months ago. I really like it. I don't think mine is as nice as yours. Going from the 288 to stihl 441, it feels like the stihl weighs 10 pounds more.

I also just picked up 2 echo qv-8000. They are same as cs-8000. The qv is made for firefighters. I got them from a local firehouse. I got an unbelievable deal, $100 a piece. They both run great.

Well, though I live in Ft. Lauderdale at the moment, I've inherited a Stihl 034AV. Had to get some work done on it while up in N. GA several weeks ago but it kicked @$$ for the two hours I deducted from its life. Probably only got 20-30 hours of runtime on it. When I do get outta here, I've got something I can rely on (for a while anyway). One less thing to buy at retirement... Hoooray!

Latest posts

Back