What in the world is this???!!! MS661 related.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, I wonder which way to go with this auto-tune system. obviously the stuff I've been using ain't workin'.
If you would like to try some k2 I have some I can send for shipping. Might even have some motul 800 also.

I think what you found was a pair of 661 muffler bearings there Brad. People have been looking for those!

Someone should post this up to Stihl... also, with the recall on the 661, you would think that they would do better quality checks. 7 posted that the 661 saws with serial numbers between 177 367 909 and 177 751 744 were recalled in the EU. Higher number saws may have been updated at the factory. The recall in the EU calls for a new jug, slug and intake boot.

I am straight gassing all my saws now to see how long they will last. :baaa:

Since I have those rubber rings in the intake, I should try the saw on the dyno and see what difference it makes.

At first i couldn't figure out where the rubber came from as one was on the floor and the other was sideways in the intake port of the cylinder, not the boot.

I asked randy but he was confused too until he sent the link to this post.

I've been asked to get the serial number of the 661 to compare.

Just waiting to get home from work.
You didn't leave them in did you?

Mastermind, Blsnelling:

There are 2 661's at my place and no, I will not take any chance of putting those rubber things back in that came from stihl's love shop, Nascar restrictor plate class.....

Here is the pic of how I saw the rubber when cylinder was removed......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 136
I too am interested....

I'm not sure if it was me pulling the cylinder off that put the donut into the intake of the cylinder which is right near the piston or since they fell out of the boot easily without me knowing.

The engine could've had rubber for lunch then die of ingestion....

Latest posts

Back