What is the best oil for 32:1?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yungman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi
I might as well come right out and say, I am going to use about 32:1 in oil ratio no matter what!!!! I am old and I am stubborn.

No use of beating around the bush!!! Given that, any suggestion of oil that work best at 32:1? Something you already using and not building carbon.

Thanks

32:1, it has to be Lawnboy oil.......with a spritz of Marvel Mystery, a dash
of slick 50, and a dallop of Mobil synthetic, for that "extra" protection.....

Fish oil would seem best, apart from the dog-attracting qualiites.

If you're hell-bent on ignoring the manf recomendtions, then you need to make up your own criterial. You haven't even said "what" it will run in.

Last edited:
If you're hell-bent on ignoring the manf recomendtions, then you need to make up your own criterial. You haven't even said "what" it will run it.[/QUOTE]

Hi
I am looking for minimum carbon buildup, I don't even care about foul plugs, just make sure the engine won't be damage don't need to open it and scrape and last longer.

BTW I have Stihl Ultra, Shindaiwa One, Amsoil Sabor and Echo Power Blend already, anyone suitable? that will give minimum deposit. I bought all these when I was reading the forums then someone said something bad, so there it goes, all the new bottles!!!.....and ....I am running out of gas!!!!

Keep laughing, I can handle it. Skin is getting thicker after joining the forums...as long as I can get it right.

Thanks

I use 32-1 too, in everything, my "newest" saw, an 028, I bought in 1980 or so.The oldest is an 041 from '72. For 2 cycle oil, I get whatever's on sale. Tru Value, wherever. Never "lost" an engine, don't fowl plugs, and I guess I'm just as stubborn as you! Bar oil too - wherever the best price is - so am I.

I am so glad I am not the only stubborn old f###!!!!
32:1 is not a whole lot of oil. I can never unstand how people can worry about the little money for the extra oil.
Thanks So far you are making my day!!:cheers:

Why ask?

Hi
I might as well come right out and say, I am going to use about 32:1 in oil ratio no matter what!!!! I am old and I am stubborn.

No use of beating around the bush!!! Given that, any suggestion of oil that work best at 32:1? Something you already using and not building carbon.

Thanks

Why ask if you already have your mind made up? If you are going to use that much then you might as well buy whats cheapest!

Castrol A747

Castrol TTS is 100 percent synthetic and used by kawasaki’s racing team. Castrol A747 is the best but cost way too much. There are other “top quality” synthetic brands, Castrol dealers are easy to find.
TTS_1.jpg

Years ago I bought 16:1, that way you could double the gas and have 32:1.
At least your not wanting to use SAE 30W 1 QT. to 5 gal of gas. Many guys still run 32:1 in older saws. Just no ethenol in the gas, and use good quality oils. Bob

Hmmmm.......

Wonder what's biting?

Not me. :notrolls2:

The first thing I look for is designed for air cooled engines on the lable. I am not brand specific and I cannot remember what the brand I usually buy is, but I have used it for quite a few years at 25 to 1 and I haven't felt any loss in power in my old saws and newer ms660 about 5 years old but the opposite seems to be true. I buy it at a farm store that sells both Stihl and Husky. About 6 months ago they drug out some Stihl mix labeled 40 to 1 and I bought a case at $20 so I use that when I am low on the other stuff I buy in quart bottles and mix it 25 to 1. I am confident and happy with the results.:dizzy:

There is always the Motorcycle focused "Belray" H1R...

What about "BLENDZALL RACING CASTOR GREEN LABEL" which claims to also mix with alcohol...implying that with new alcohol blends may be "ok" with this oil??

recommended oils

My owners manual (2003 KDX 220R) recommends using Castrol TTS or “other” racing oils.
TTS_2.jpg

Back