What is the hardest saw to find?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
With Hoss' epic Sachs-Dolmar 166 quest in full swing, I ask this question; What is the hardest saw to find? I would guess the 166 is right up there, but I would assume that pre-WWII saws are difficult to find as well. The Jonsereds 66E also comes to mind because of it's low volume and frequent rebuilds into 70E's. So what do you think?

Sachs Dolmar KMS4, To find one that has not been messed with grrrrrrrrrrr I now have 2 and can't make myself put it back together with the f@#@#d up parts I have, Still on the quest for more parts.........

Scott

I'm looking for a saw just likk the one Ash used in th Evil Dead movies. It looks like a Homelite but has a square top handle which looks like some early Stihls. Its also modified to fit over and lock into his cut-off hand.

With Hoss' epic Sachs-Dolmar 166 quest in full swing, I ask this question; What is the hardest saw to find? I would guess the 166 is right up there, but I would assume that pre-WWII saws are difficult to find as well. The Jonsereds 66E also comes to mind because of it's low volume and frequent rebuilds into 70E's. So what do you think?

I think the older JReds are all pretty hard to find. I am talking about the X_ models. If I could find a XF for sale, I would be a happy man.

The JRed 66 is a rare beast, but I found one that is still intact. It runs too! All I need to do now is pull out a spare 70E oil pump and replace the bad one on the 66 and it is all set to go.

Latest posts

Back