What is the hardest saw to find?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1337.gif

With Hoss' epic Sachs-Dolmar 166 quest in full swing, I ask this question; What is the hardest saw to find? I would guess the 166 is right up there, but I would assume that pre-WWII saws are difficult to find as well. The Jonsereds 66E also comes to mind because of it's low volume and frequent rebuilds into 70E's. So what do you think?

I would have to go with the 166 also. Minty SP125s/ old production 090s should be up there too. The Mac BP-1 seems pretty rare. I would like to see some old electric Stihls......

This is hard to answer and will have
many mixed opinions.
Sure the 166 is rare but they are out
there. I would say there are many odd
ball saws that are considered rare.
Off the top of my head i would say
yes the Jonsered XF Racket, The Mac BP1,
Echo CS1100VL and 1201VL, Pioneer 850,
Skil 1690, Solo Super Rex, Danarm 125
and the list can go on.

Just my thoughts Lee

dolmar 166, mac BP-1,echo 610 twins, 090 AV late model, dolmar rotary, any of the 100cc+ echo's, 041g, 090g with 66mm top end.

Sachs Dolmar KMS4, To find one that has not been messed with grrrrrrrrrrr I now have 2 and can't make myself put it back together with the f@#@#d up parts I have, Still on the quest for more parts.........

Scott

I was on a job this past January and one of the guys found out I was into saws. He told me that he had a rotary powered Sachs-Dolmar he had bought at a yard sale years ago and ended up giving to his Dad who now was too old to run a saw. He told me that he would pick it up and give it to me when he went over to see the Old Man that following weekend. I was trying not to jump up and down and smile excessively and did not say anything to anyone so as not to jinx the deal. Well, the old guy had already disposed of the saw. I am glad I did not announce it to the world before I had it in my hands. Oh, btw, he originally paid $20 at the yard sale.

Sachs Dolmar KMS4, To find one that has not been messed with grrrrrrrrrrr I now have 2 and can't make myself put it back together with the f@#@#d up parts I have, Still on the quest for more parts.........

Scott

I have a like new KSM4 100% complete ,never been apart .This saw sound awsome

Latest posts

Back