What is the hardest saw to find?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sachs Dolmar KMS4, To find one that has not been messed with grrrrrrrrrrr I now have 2 and can't make myself put it back together with the f@#@#d up parts I have, Still on the quest for more parts.........

Scott

I have a like new KMS4 never been apart run great sounds awsome

The BP-1 came to mind, obviously it isn't the most rare- but worth mentioning. I know the Homelite 540 & 8800 aren't nearly as rare as some, but also worth mentioning. They sure are rare when you are looking for one, thats for sure!

Yes, hey all seem to be rare when you are attempting to procure one!

:laugh: and they all seem to double in price the minute you decide you want one. :dizzy:

see my sig line. :cry:

my buddy left my favorite bowsaw in the forest many years back.

we used to hunt 30 mi down a river (after a 2.5hr drive), in a delta for moose.

Used to leave tools down river to have for the next year. Buddy "SAYS" he left it for next year, but couldn't remember where. It wasn't in the cache.

I looked for the next two years, but then never went back after that.

I been kickin myself in the butt...

A few months ago on CList in Oregon,,this dealer had a Sachs Dolmar 120 anv. special....It looked like brand new from the pics,,but the shipping is what stopped me from buyin it....I been mad at myself every since the more I think about it.......I should have pulled the trigger on it....

Well since this thread was started I have tracked down almost every thing on my list except for a homelite 3100G and an alpina 120. I haven't been looking for the alpina long but the quest for the 3100G has been a long frustrating search. I actually found a good deal on one and when I got it I found that it had been crushed at one time and none of the 3100 specific parts were usable. So my vote at this point is Homelite 3100G as hardest to find.

I think the older JReds are all pretty hard to find. I am talking about the X_ models. If I could find a XF for sale, I would be a happy man.

The JRed 66 is a rare beast, but I found one that is still intact. It runs too! All I need to do now is pull out a spare 70E oil pump and replace the bad one on the 66 and it is all set to go.

66E??????? I don't wanna talk about it....................:cheers:

For me, Remington 880/990 or Wright C series geardrive. I think the Poulan branded recip saws are VERY rare (only ever saw one) as well as the 744 Poulan.

Well since this thread was started I have tracked down almost every thing on my list except for a homelite 3100G and an alpina 120. I haven't been looking for the alpina long but the quest for the 3100G has been a long frustrating search. I actually found a good deal on one and when I got it I found that it had been crushed at one time and none of the 3100 specific parts were usable. So my vote at this point is Homelite 3100G as hardest to find.

I've seen a few 3100G on ebay in the past year, but I've never seen a Alpina 120.

These are kinda RARE! and hard to find
attachment.php

Alpina Super Pro 120, or IMO a saw that will never be seen again is the Remington 754 Army Vietnam edition.

Only seen pictures, one is supposed to be in the Army Aviation museum at Fort Rucker, Alabama.

Back