What is the hardest saw to find?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, Remington 880/990 or Wright C series geardrive. I think the Poulan branded recip saws are VERY rare (only ever saw one) as well as the 744 Poulan.

Well Tim, those Poulan recip saws are not rebranded, they are Poulan saws made in the Poulan factory. The Allis Chalmers branded ones are the really rare ones.

Yes the 744's are hard to come by and still on my wish list.

I'd say if you think an orange 166 is hard to find a yellow one is darn near non-existent. Especially for us here in the states :(, probably never even get to see one in person but hey a guy can dream…. I’d take any of the yellow Dolmars for that matter. :cheers:

Last edited:
66E??????? I don't wanna talk about it....................:cheers:

That is a hard one - but the "Alaska one" is much harder - maybe only three were ever made, and all are accounted for - two at the Husky museum, and one in member "Manges" collection.....:givebeer:

Hoss mentioned this one, Here's a pic
Stihl 090G 1109 S (factory stock!)
Has the 137cc top end in it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

In my experience, a stolen saw is the hardest to find. Someone stole my 2100 18 years ago, and I haven't found it yet.

Andy
I agree, my little 026 was not valuable but I spent a lot of gas and time looking for it.Went to a just opened pawn shop just today, in fact.Aug will be 2yrs so its a lost cause but I keep looking.

I still think this saw is one of the hardest to find.
I have only seen one, This one, never for sale in
the USA.

Echo 1100VL at 116cc's the largest Echo ever made.
The later version was the 1201VL but still the same saw.

Lee

Echo1100VLSachsDolmar153003.jpg

Echo1100VLSachsDolmar153002.jpg

Echo1100VLSachsDolmar153001.jpg

I still think this saw is one of the hardest to find.
I have only seen one, This one, never for sale in
the USA.

Echo 1100VL at 116cc's the largest Echo ever made.
The later version was the 1201VL but still the same saw.

Lee

Echo1100VLSachsDolmar153003.jpg

Echo1100VLSachsDolmar153002.jpg

Echo1100VLSachsDolmar153001.jpg

Ya cut me Lee, ya cut me deep.:cry:

I would love to find a Catlett. I like to collect saws made in my local area and Have Mono and Barker saws out of Springfield MO. The Catlett was produced in Springfield by the Catlett-Handy-Cut company. There's one out in someone's old barn waiting for me, just can't seem to find it:(.

MO-Iron

Latest posts

Back