What is the hardest saw to find?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

So I picked this up. According another site 1900 were made??
So is it a collector or hard to find??
Or just another saw??
Can't find much out. :)

i did turn up a contact with the big Echo / if there's one theres more out there....the hardest one for me to find was the SP118 minty.....then Mark in his travels to Australia turns up another one, fell in his lap so to speak.......amazing
.....only 2 of those plus one parts saw known to exist.....so far.

The rarest one i know of is the transitional 090G AV with the later wrap around 090 AV mount handle......not the older, over the top AV handle .

The rarest one i know of is the transitional 090G AV with the later wrap around 090 AV mount handle......not the older, over the top AV handle .[/QUOTE]

Huh. I had always wondered if that was a real saw or just a unicorn story. Cool.

i did turn up a contact with the big Echo / if there's one theres more out there....the hardest one for me to find was the SP118 minty.....then Mark in his travels to Australia turns up another one, fell in his lap so to speak.......amazing
.....only 2 of those plus one parts saw known to exist.....so far.

The rarest one i know of is the transitional 090G AV with the later wrap around 090 AV mount handle......not the older, over the top AV handle .

Yes, Mark taking a SP118 home is a nice bonus for his trip down-under.. lucky bugga!

attachment.php

attachment.php

So I picked this up. According another site 1900 were made??
So is it a collector or hard to find??
Or just another saw??
Can't find much out. :)

Seems Jobu brand were localised saw for the Scandanavians .

Huh. I had always wondered if that was a real saw or just a unicorn story. Cool.[/QUOTE]

I have only seen a NOS crankcase for one/ Handle mounts are definately different.Stamped Stilhl with a 1103 ,i think, part # prefix.

Probably can get a photo sent, to post ,of the case.

Huh. I had always wondered if that was a real saw or just a unicorn story. Cool.

anybody got a pic[/QUOTE]

I don't have a pic but it did show up on the old Stihl Fish / parts / micro-film.
Will try and get a photo of .....

Last edited:
Alpina 120 (Pro Kut Prof120)

I just came across a Alpina Pro Kut Prof 120 if anyone is interested. Send me a message.....

Well since this thread was started I have tracked down almost every thing on my list except for a homelite 3100G and an alpina 120. I haven't been looking for the alpina long but the quest for the 3100G has been a long frustrating search. I actually found a good deal on one and when I got it I found that it had been crushed at one time and none of the 3100 specific parts were usable. So my vote at this point is Homelite 3100G as hardest to find.

I don't think they made more than 10 husky 444's in the US, i never see them.
I've tried finding a 444 p/c, they don't exist.

I'm not exactly sure how this thread picked up again but thanks leecaouette.

I have had some good fortune in hunting saws since I last posted in this thread...

193604d1312925211-dscn2977-jpg

193605d1312925213-dscn2616-jpg

I am really only keen for McCulloch but I did slip up recently and let a D-45 get away.

Still looking for the 49, D-45, 39, 895C, and a few others along the way.

Perhaps one day when I am back in Australia again I can pry a 47A away as well.

Mark

Stihl Contra G or Contra GS!
There's a good amount of saws that are hard to find, but it is opinion and location for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonsereds 81.
This is the only one to turn up so far, that I know of.:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back