What is this Husqvarna New? Old?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3120 has been a current model for quite awhile. I believe I had a 97 model.

Bill

Current model..............although expensive!!!

Along with other dealers serviced by Husky USA and not Bee Tee, Northern isn't allowed to advertise anything below power price anymore. Independent dealers like our store can only sell the 137 and 142 saws over the internet.

The 3120 is a very strong saw,but a dinosaur at the same time...I'm suprised they have kept the same design for so long,but of course they 371 didn't change much when they went to the 372,and the 394 really didn't change at all when they went to the 395.The only changes were things like transparent gas tanks and side chain adjusters,and my new 395's do not even have side chain adjuster's....So no,that's not a new saw....It's the oldest one in the line-up..It hasn't changed for nearly twenty years that I know of.

I've never seen this model before, including the Husky web site. What am I missing, is this a NOS model or so new there is no literature out for it yet?

Do tell....

clicky linky:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200328145_200328145

Are you kidding? It's on the Husky website, since I've looked up a couple of things for mine. As someone mentioned earlier, it is a bit of a dinosaur, but there isn't much demand for saws that big anymore, so a new design isn't really all that cost effective with such low volume.

She is a beast. A good 8 lbs heavier than the 90-100cc class saws below it (394/395/Stihl 066/660), meaning it's not a saw you want to haul deep into the woods, or do a lot of cutting with through the day. It's a 2 stroke powered thermonuclear device that you take out for the big jobs. I bought mine for milling big oak and walnut logs (30" +) which my buddy Lester comes up with quite often.

Nice saw, just wish it had the side adjust like my 066, much handier on the mill.

Mark

RACIN' SAW!!!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!:rock:

Shhhhh, you see, I do have this 21" rollernose bar, just need a bigger sprocket and some grinding and filing time....then mangle up a racing chain....mine may see some fun again someday. Chopwood used it for a racing saw for quite awhile before it ended up in semi-retirement at my house.

Mark

Latest posts

Back