What not to do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you came out OK, first thing my FIL ever told me about running a tractor was "always be ready to jump off the high side".

It was only running on its side for a few seconds. Once I was clear and heard the thud and not a crash, crash, crash chasing me down the hill, I went back and shut it off. I don't know how long it would take for a oil flood runaway to start, but I would imagine more than the 5-10 seconds it took me to get back and shut it off. I am hooping to get out of this as cheep as possible, oil change, refill diesel, and maybe pull the injectors if it is hydro-locked. The bent hood and busted grill are not big concerns as the paint was shot when I got it anyway. I just have to get it back in service quick so I can haul my wood in. Just a few days worth at the house right now.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt. Shoot me a pm if you are in a bind. I might be able to help you. Ron

Thanks for the help guys. Turned by hand no problem, so filled up the oil checked all the fluids and it fired right up this afternoon. Ran a bit rough for 5 minutes or so then smoothed right out. If all it cost was some bent sheet metal and a couple quarts of oil, I think I came out of this mess pretty well.

Back