What other uses for a chainsaw powerhead?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pictures of a Homelite XL 100 saw.

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Every time I see one of those I think: Gotta have one of those,thats just too cool.....:clap:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZDRlwc3PqM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZDRlwc3PqM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is a fantastic thread. I love those Homelite XL100's. I once saw a skuzzy, homeless-looking guy riding a bicycle powered by a 'modified' Stihl 041. The bike was loaded down like a mule, wiith bags and crap hanging all over the place. The thing moved, but sounded tired. I always wanted to pull him aside, buy him some Micky-D's, and take a few photos of his ride. Never saw him again after that one day though, and I was busy driving my family somewhere at that time and couldn't stop...

[QUOTE
I'm surprised I haven't found commercial generator kits designed to just swap your B&C off your saw and hook it to a generator platform to run as your camp generator.[/QUOTE]

i think homelite first started out making generators,,, thats how they got their name................

great thread, i love finding other uses for a chainsaw or ww powerheads. i've made bikes, trolling motors, a chainsaw powered weed whacker. that's how i got into chainsaw collecting. i started getting chainsaws that were too nice to tear down and turn into something else. this is my favorite bike, it does 40mph and has a ton of torque. it will buck you...lol
bikes010.jpg
bikes2079.jpg

I had a few big, heavy non-running Mac's in the shed that would have made excellent boat anchors, but I quit fishing:laugh:

I had a few big, heavy non-running Mac's in the shed that would have made excellent boat anchors, but I quit fishing:laugh:

Send those 'boat anchors' west. Don't forget the bars...:D

Homlite water pumps.

That's cool Cliff. Is it yours? You really do have one interesting collection. I think the next time I head to Southern California I'm going to visit your place instead of Disneyland...:ices_rofl:

I've seen IPL's for Homelite high pressure firefighting pumps powered by Super 650 and 750 saw engines. Those would be a hoot...:cheers:

Send those 'boat anchors' west. Don't forget the bars...:D

That's cool Cliff. Is it yours? You really do have one interesting collection. I think the next time I head to Southern California I'm going to visit your place instead of Disneyland...:ices_rofl:

I've seen IPL's for Homelite high pressure firefighting pumps powered by Super 650 and 750 saw engines. Those would be a hoot...:cheers:

No, none of these are mine just posted the pics.
Thanks for the warning about stopping by sometime.:laugh:

Seen this in the ebay/craigslist thread.

88 CC Husqvarna airplane engine with aluminum spinner. Several airplanes, radios and supplies available.

Please call Dave before 9pm Thanks!
1-978-772-xxxx Home
1-978-501-xxxx Cell
Keywords, Airplanes, Airplane, Planes, Plane, RC, Remote control, Engines, Engine, Hobby, Radio, Jets, Jet, Biplanes, Biplane, Bipes, Trainers, Trainer, Aerobatic, 4 stroke, 2 stroke, kits, arf, rtf.
3kd3mb3l95V65W55R0abe358796f0f21e1bb0.jpg

3nf3md3oa5Y25Z15T0abe6b90e3dcf17a1a74.jpg

Waste of a perfectly good 288...

A couple years ago my cousin and i built a scooter with a powerhead from a old Echo weed eater for a motor.. we make a jackshaft to split the gear ratio and stretched it to make it look like a chopper.. built it for under $100 and it still runs today... here it is with my cousin about to take a ride..

n1462080075_30064688_525.jpg

Remember the James Bond movie in Southeast Asia (Thailand?) with the long shaft boat motors?
Watch the TV show Swamp People ? Most of them use Go-Devil-type propulsion for their boats. Cool stuff. Not sure if I could man-up enough to squeek out a living down there, but I like to think I could. :D

The Lewis wich is awesome. The light....I would think the deer would run off before you could get it on 'em. LOL

how about one of these.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDWqJe1dCgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DDWqJe1dCgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back