What parts should I stock up on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can I catch them with 100 percent certainty at three AM? Dogs? And how about 5.00 if they can walk with 2 broken legs?
good luck coming around my place at 3am, ill be asleep, but 10PM works and its plenty dark here

sign a waiver, 2 broken legs or not I dont care, gotta walk from the street to the back fence in the dark

Way to go Kid- pick a fight with Admin staff members.

He's too much of a puppy to punish.
I'll get more offended when I have enough respect for his opinions to become concerned with them. He's been pissing people off in the commercial forum for several years, and I defended his right to be there, despite his youthful and obnoxious ways.

I'm not gonna have all the seasoned veterans laughing at me now by letting him get my goat. You see, I respect their opinions, even when we disagree about some things.

Zintrees, buddy, I do advise you to be a bit more careful with those accusations of being stupid. You cannot win arguments by insulting the opposite viewpoint, and you cannot get respect that way either. If you are just here to irritate people, then we have a word for that, and that kind of behavior does get treated rather harshly.

...who is the greatest source of irritation and reports on this entire website. Bar none.

I am ill-disposed to tolerate any back-seat moderation from you right now. May I remind you that you agreed to our terms and rules, which contain prohibited activities like:
  • Engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff
  • Members are asked not to act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in these Terms of Use they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the moderation team. Please use the "Report " feature to report posts. DO NOT RESPOND TO SUCH TOPICS YOURSELF. Members who constantly "act" as moderators may be warned.
  • “Trolling” is not permitted - posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply will result in a warning.

• The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. is noted in these points is up to ArboristSite.com team members and not users.
And if that wasn't clear enough, why don't you just ask me what trolling is. Just remember that I've shown you the definition several times before.

I tell you what @Mr.Metsä you want to sharpen chains get ahold of me and we will work out a good deal. You need to get focused on something so let's start there

I bought a full size pick up load of old Homelite SXLs and XL-12s about 8 years ago. Started tearing them down and cleaning up parts and listing them on the 'Bay. Took about 3 or 4 days to get them all cleaned up and listed. I gave $100 and a 250 Stihl chainsaw for all those parts. I might have had $300 in all those parts after I figured in carb cleaner and degreaser. Probably grossed about $1200 in sales. After fees, losing money on shipping, the dreaded parts swappers, printer paper and ink, and my time being worth something, I might have cleared $350. If you can find Stihl or Husky pro saw parts used in clean shape, you really can make some money, but it is a big headache in my opinion.

Nope, I've got thousands of dollars in lights, but I'm not getting my boots and a jacket on to go outside when it's cold and raining to make a video to prove some idiots wrong

So how is the video evidence coming?
Or is there an unpassable zombie apocalypse happening now between your house and shop?
Maybe power wires are down, electrifying the man trapping mud?

Too many posts to read.

But if you are starting an eBay store, you are competing with everyone else (in the world!) for sales.

1. You had better have wholesale purchasing power (look at Stens, Rotary, Oregon for wholesale volume and $$$ requirements);

2. Or, you have something(s) unique to sell (which products are hard to find, and why?);

3. Or, there is some special type(s) of service(s) that you can offer.

Ebay is filled with scammers (buyers and sellers), so beware!

Figure out your shipping plan too!

BTW, I like these chain gauges better, and have bought them for about a buck each, in quantity: seen them priced at $7 + s/h

IMG_5694.jpeg

Philbert

So how is the video evidence coming?
Or is there an unpassable zombie apocalypse happening now between your house and shop?
Maybe power wires are down, electrifying the man trapping mud?

C'mon now. We both know that if you wanted too bad enough, any of us could throw a few sparks off a chain once every two seconds. Let's just give him time to work up to it gracefully before he concludes that setup time and adjusting the depth gauges takes a lot more than two seconds per tooth.

I'm willing to wait. Besides! He probably has other more important stuff to do right now. Daylight is burning.

Too many posts to read.

But if you are starting an eBay store, you are competing with everyone else (in the world!) for sales.

1. You had better have wholesale purchasing power (look at Stens, Rotary, Oregon for wholesale volume and $$$ requirements);

2. Or, you have something(s) unique to sell (which products are hard to find, and why?);

3. Or, there is some special type(s) of service(s) that you can offer.

Ebay is filled with scammers (buyers and sellers), so beware!

Figure out your shipping plan too!

BTW, I like these chain gauges better, and have bought them for about a buck each, in quantity: seen them priced at $7 + s/h

View attachment 1137027

Philbert
The Stihl one is better. More pitches and it is Stihl orange!!

Back