What past vehicle do you wish you had back?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retoocs555

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I guess somebody ought to post a thread to get things started.

What vehicle from your past would you most like to have back in the driveway? I think everybody has a car or a truck that they miss every once in a while.

I was just thinking of my old BMW 318is, it got stuck in the snow all the time (snowing now thats why I thought of it).

The handling on that car was amazing:D

attachment.php

I've got two I'd like back, though if I had to chose between the two I would actually chose the second:

'67 Camaro SS, mildly built-up 400sb, black with white stripes, light parchment interior. Quite the head-turner, all-around fun car. The absence of computers, electronics, and other crap under the hood is sorely missed.

'81 AMC Eagle wagon, 258 I-6, 4spd manual. Save for the two-piece axle shafts in the AMC 20 rear end, this was the most reliable car I have ever owned including modern, leased vehicles. It was in the family from 1981 to 1997, was still on its original clutch, and I never should have sold it.

I had a real nice 89 mustang Notchback 302 30 over with a Paxton Supercharger. It was a real nice straight car, a real sleeper. I sold it and that ended up spawning my current project and the bain on all my bank accounts. Another 89 Mustang Notchback 351 stroked to a 408, Procharger F1R supercharger, Art Carr built C-4 tranny, Aluminum Canfield heads,Jesel Rockers... ok I am going to stop there because the thought of all that damn cash starts to bug me... It should be nice when it is done..What was I thinking? Damn horsepower bug.. I really liked my dependable little sleeper.

Mine was a 1990 Firebird with auto trans. Not real exciting next to a Camaro or a Nova, but it was a good car to get me to work. I have found that the 5-speed is not so much fun in city traffic.

1965 Chey 4x4 Carryall (suberban)

I ran my Farrier business out of a 1965 4x4 2 door carryall

It had very low miles when I bought it, I built a 350 Propane engine for it and ran about 2000 gallons a year throu it (@ .22 a gallon for the first couple years) I made a feed back system that used a toyota 02 sensor and a fuel moudule from a boiler system to keep the propane mixed to reflect .4 - .6 volts on the 02 sensor,,,,, that equaled about 12 MPG, (hi-way or trip) I could confure it with a trip tank and hold 140 gallons.

I ran the wheel off that truck, it could get into a lot of places that longer trucks couldent in the mountians and hauled a lot of elk!

In 4 wheel low / low it would just creep and made a fair stiff bodied rock truck, but it did it's best 4 wheeling all throu the winter on fire access roads,,,, chained up, it could easly push snow with the bumper.

Kevin

My dad had a 78 C30 w/ 4 speed (i think) and 350ci that he traded in 1994. It only had about 60k miles on it. I learned to drive with that truck, and it ran as smooth as could be. We only used it to haul wood and hay in the summer, hence the low miles. I would like to have that truck now so I could teach my son to drive with the same truck I learned with.

Last edited:
1972 AMC javelin AMX 304 auto, 'go pack'. Black, inside and out. I had a line on a 401 block, crank and heads when I was transferred to NC, and sold it. Wish I had her back. I know of a good project '74 in MS, but the guy won't call my 800 number, and he's never home when I go through there. Ebay gets too much for rotted out junk, and way too much for someone elses' project.
-Ralph

View attachment 30634[/ATTACH]My 1987 Buick Regal GN 3.8 turbo sfi..

Wife was only putting 1500 miles a year on it ..
Was offered big cash and sold it in 2001
Wish I had it back that V-6 fuel economy..
Prem.Fuel only that was the bad part..
BTW this car was pulled out of storage for pictures ..
Never driven in winter

Last edited:
Had a 1985 3500 GMC 10' dump with a straight 6 engine and 4 speed manual with a PTO dump bed. I added 4 leaf springs on each side in the rear, built a 7' high x 10' long chip box on it.
truck bounced a bit when empty but would hold anything I could load
in it and drag the whisper chipper. It was an old NYC housing truck, probably never had to hold more than 2 people and lunch before I grabbed it at auction. Worked that truck like a dog for almost 5 years it started every cold morning and never let me down except one time when the battery died from the flashers being on and lucky I was on a hill, pulled the wheel chock, popped the clutch and home I went. Sold it before I moved to VA and regretted it as soon as the new owner drove it away. :(

'80 camaro Z-28. souped up and lotsa chrome under the hood. no pictures but I loved this car. hauled arse and sucked gas big time. wish I never woulda sold that ole girl. I loved grinding up the 5.0 Fords back in the day. Now I am in an F-250, ha, no racing here...

man i had a little ford festia when i was in school, i bought some tires for a bobcat that fit the 12" rims for the front and ran the piss out of it. used to run it up in the woods and go "mudding" with it. rolled it 3 or 4 times up in the woods. smacked trees rocks, mailboxes, anything that got in front of it was game. didn't have any windows, had to drive it with goggles on so the bugs didn't pelt ya to death. I had it for 2 years and it always started. sure was a fun car.
paid 400 for it and sold it fro 800 in much worse shape. Doors were welded shut on it.

I had an 84 Totota 4x4 pick up rigged up as a Skidder when I was in High School. I used to skid with it and haul firewood to make extra money. Man I wish I had a picture of it. It had one of those flat tow truck bumpers on the front. One of my friends spray painted "No fat chicks" on it. Man what a ride... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

I don't have pictures of all the cars I wish I never sold. All was from 30+ years ago when I was in my late teens, early twenties.

1st was a '55 Chevy BelAir 2 dr hardtop w/a '63 283 Corvette engine and 4 spd.
2nd was a '57 Chevy BelAir 2 dr hardtop w/a 350 Corvette engine and 4 spd.
3rd was a '63 Impala 2 dr hardtop w/a souped up 327 and 4 spd.

All these cars would be worth big bucks today.

Koa,
Those are some nice cars. My dad has some cars in his past that he wishes he had. A 64 1/2 Mustang and a 65 Fairline, both with 289 c.i. motors and 4 sp trannies.

Most fun I ever had was in a 74 Astre wagon. Painted white, factory "GT" rims, looked like grampa's car.

When I got done with it, it had a 3.8 buick, 5 speed borg warner, suspension done all the way around. 4.11 gears if I remember right, and it cornered like it was on rails. The only givaway was the dual exhaust, and it wasn't loud. Was quite a weapon for an 18 year old in the stoplight gran prix!!:laugh:

Was my first "hotrod".Had faster ones since, never had one that was more fun.

My mother's 66 barracuda (318 when the 273 died) was the car I took my test for my license on, probably be worth a lot more today.

Still got my last "toy" in the back yard, wife wouldn't let me get rid of it.
82 firebird, 400 smallblock, slightly "tweaked", 4 gear, etc. Car is pretty much toast.

Wish I still had the Astre.........

1981 Datsun 200SX SL, simply because it was my first car right after college. Totalled it in 1986 in a Philly suburb, it was repairable but the damage was supposedly more than the value I got from the insurance company, $3750. I guess it was for the best as I was going to sell it anyways three weeks later as I was going to Cyprus for six months, and probably got more for it than I would have selling it. It was replaced with a crappy '87 Toyota Tercel when I got back to Petawawa, that I bought out of a snowbank new on the road for $9000, but was also buying a house so on a budget as far as wheels went.
The picture below is the Japanese model-they always were Nissan in Japan. Mine was two tone like the photo but light blue and black

Last edited:
Several. Wish I had my '59 TR-3 Triumph, my '68 Camaro, '53 Chevy BelAir, '66 BSA Royal Star, my two Ossa Stiletto (motocross bikes), and '65 Dodge Dart GT. Now I got a tear in my eye. Dang!

Latest posts

Back